ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 63 of 162
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773113 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So it’s really just the Steelers [or Bills] right?
RunKC 09:41 PM 09-28-2020
I mean goddamn this conference seems wrapped up doesn’t it? Not trying to jinx us but it really seems like injuries are our biggest opponent at this point.

The Ravens are fucking frauds. They’re a warm up for us. We literally made these guys look like the JV squad the last 2 meetings.

And sure the Bills and Titans may make us work for the win, but in all honesty we have to play pretty goddamn shitty to lose to those guys.

In order to have any shot at beating us you need 3 things:

1. Elite pass rush
2. Top 10 QB capable of making critical plays
3. Overall talented roster

Steelers are the only team in the AFC that has those 3 things, and even them it’s not like they’re some serious threat like the Patriots a couple years back, but they seem like the best of the rest.

I think at this point it would be disappointing for this team to not get to the SB 3 straight times.

We’re just that good, and we keep drafting well and get better and better.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:42 AM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
But they still had to respect it against the Raiders in the second game, especially after the first.

They won’t have to against the Saints. Not that the Saints aren’t better, just that it’s different in that sense.
Yeah, I get that.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:45 AM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yeah, I get that.
I also think it helps that the Saints don’t have Darren Waller. I mean Cook used to be a very similar player, but he’s older and slower at this point.

It’ll be interesting to see if Brees and Thomas can get their connection going because Thomas has yet to do shit this season and him and Brees have had very little time together this year to get in any sort of rhythm and get their timing down.
[Reply]
TLO 11:04 AM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
The Chiefs biggest competition is the Chiefs.

If the show up, lock in and play even their ....B+ game? no one is gonna beat them.

[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:05 AM 12-03-2020
Seahawks and Packers stand the best chance against us in the playoffs, but just because of their QBs. Both are just a step below Mahomes.

If Rodgers or Wilson have an insane game and Mahomes is just good, then the game could be interesting.

I don’t see either of those defenses even coming close to slowing down our offense.

I just don’t think the Saints offense is going to hang with ours.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 11:09 AM 12-03-2020
There is no Defense in the NFL who can stymie us for a half like the Pats did in 2018 and we nearly overcame that playoff loss. We are a much more well rounded squad now as well, we can take 14 plays and 7 minutes to score if that is what you are giving us. As said above, the Chiefs are the only one that can beat the Chiefs and I'm guessing they will be getting more focused as crunch time comes.
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:12 AM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:
With Dupree out, that is such a blow to the Steelers.
Yeah...that was really the one area where they were better than KC.

He was 1/2 of the #1 ranked pass rushing duo with TJ Watt...

Bush is out for the season too...

Chiefs road to a repeat just got easier today...
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:13 AM 12-03-2020
The only way to beat the Chiefs is clearly going to be scoring on every possession, and having the ball last.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:20 AM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by Basileus777:
Not exactly, the Raiders killed us with chunk plays and down the field throws, the Saints can't do that.

And Brees has been a poor postseason performer for several years now, he's a legitimate question mark.
Based on what we've seen so far this season, if you had to bet $1,000, would you take Derek Carr or Drew Brees to win a playoff game? Assuming Brees was actually healthy, of course.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:22 AM 12-03-2020
I wonder if the Saints are as dominant as everyone believes. It seems like their only signature wins on the season are against TB who is a division rival. They played LV and lost as well as GB. I just wonder if they are in the LV category of getting hyped up by beating a division rival.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:23 AM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Based on what we've seen so far this season, if you had to bet $1,000, would you take Derek Carr or Drew Brees to win a playoff game? Assuming Brees was actually healthy, of course.
Depends on the opponent. Outside of TB who of significance has NO beaten this year? This isn't 29 year old Brees.
[Reply]
Skyy God 11:29 AM 12-03-2020
Losing both Bush and Dupree is a huge blow.

MVPat would light them up if we meet in the playoffs.
[Reply]
Skyy God 11:30 AM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Yeah...that was really the one area where they were better than KC.

He was 1/2 of the #1 ranked pass rushing duo with TJ Watt...

Bush is out for the season too...

Chiefs road to a repeat just got easier today...
And the Steelers play Sunday on 3 days rest.

They’ll be lucky to escape without additional injuries.
[Reply]
Basileus777 11:31 AM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I'd take Carr pretty easily tbh. Brees' inability to make throws down the field or make plays outside of structure has been limiting the Saints offenses come postseason time for years now.

It wouldn't even shock me if the Saints lost to the Cards or Rams in the wild card round.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:37 AM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Depends on the opponent. Outside of TB who of significance has NO beaten this year? This isn't 29 year old Brees.
It was kind of a facetious question. When was the last time that Carr was even in the playoffs?:-)

However, taking it more seriously, I'd take Brees. Before getting half of his ribs broke Brees was playing decent football. Not great, but consistently solid. Carr is more of a question mark, especially after his meltdown against ATL. But more than that, Carr has a long and well-documented history of meltdown performances. With many more truly poor performances than truly great ones, while Brees has been the exact opposite of that.

Experience matters, all other things being equal.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:43 AM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
And the Steelers play Sunday on 3 days rest.

They’ll be lucky to escape without additional injuries.
Washington vs Pittsburgh is on Monday
[Reply]
Page 63 of 162
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773113 > Last »
Up