ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 162
< 123 45671353103 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So it’s really just the Steelers [or Bills] right?
RunKC 09:41 PM 09-28-2020
I mean goddamn this conference seems wrapped up doesn’t it? Not trying to jinx us but it really seems like injuries are our biggest opponent at this point.

The Ravens are fucking frauds. They’re a warm up for us. We literally made these guys look like the JV squad the last 2 meetings.

And sure the Bills and Titans may make us work for the win, but in all honesty we have to play pretty goddamn shitty to lose to those guys.

In order to have any shot at beating us you need 3 things:

1. Elite pass rush
2. Top 10 QB capable of making critical plays
3. Overall talented roster

Steelers are the only team in the AFC that has those 3 things, and even them it’s not like they’re some serious threat like the Patriots a couple years back, but they seem like the best of the rest.

I think at this point it would be disappointing for this team to not get to the SB 3 straight times.

We’re just that good, and we keep drafting well and get better and better.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 10:12 PM 09-28-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Need a larger sample size of the Cam Newton Pats to come to any firm conclusions but the early returns look good.

I’ve held the opinion for a few years now that Brady’s limitations were holding that team back a bit.
They have different limitations with Cam now, though.

Newton is still a solid QB, but he has never been the most accurate, and he’s never been the greatest manager of the game. Even at 43, I’d say Brady still has a superior throwing arm - both power and accuracy - in comparison to Newton. And we all know Brady is one of the best ever at the LOS.

I do think, overall, going from Brady to Newton is a net positive, but their offense still has big question marks for me.
[Reply]
StockingAnarchy12 10:15 PM 09-28-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:
Honestly I'll be punched in the face for saying this, but I still don't see why New England can't be there at the end. I don't think this is their most talented team, but the reality is Belichick will coach his guys up and perform when other teams make dumb mistakes and panic (see the Bills, or the Ravens tonight and in last year's playoffs). We're definitely the better team, but I'm not 100% sold that the Bills/Steelers/Ravens are miles ahead of the Pats.
I said earlier, but I think these Patriots are better than last season. Definitely not winning the top seed. I really don't see it. I'm betting we win 10-12 games, however for argument sake I'll say 11.

I think Bills might win AFC East, but I honestly have a weird feeling they'll collapse come postseason. My early pick for a playoff game will be 13-3 Chiefs versus 10-6 or 11-5 Patriots.. I can see us getting by the first round this year to at least have a crack at you guys.
[Reply]
tk13 10:15 PM 09-28-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Need a larger sample size of the Cam Newton Pats to come to any firm conclusions but the early returns look good.

I’ve held the opinion for a few years now that Brady’s limitations were holding that team back a bit.
For sure, but they went toe to toe with Wilson. And Cam has had playoff success.

But really it's just the fact that Belichick's teams are smart and usually disciplined. That just goes a long way and can make a difference against slightly more talented teams. Especially in a generally weak conference, or at least what feels like a generally weak conference.
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:16 PM 09-28-2020
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Never underestimate Belichick and Cam Newton.
you should pick against us again next week.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 10:17 PM 09-28-2020
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Bills and Steelers always play us close.
This.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:18 PM 09-28-2020
Patriots are pretty good
[Reply]
Direckshun 10:20 PM 09-28-2020
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
you should pick against us again next week.
Don't threaten me with a good time.
[Reply]
Eleazar 10:20 PM 09-28-2020
A Chiefs/Seahawks Super Bowl would be entertaining.
[Reply]
JakeF 10:21 PM 09-28-2020
I heard several people say that the Steelers have the best Defense in the NFL.

I dunno. :-)
[Reply]
JakeF 10:23 PM 09-28-2020
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
A Chiefs/Seahawks Super Bowl would be entertaining.
Bleh

I'm so tired of hearing the media guys drool all over Wilson's dong that i change the channel whenever they start talking.
[Reply]
O.city 10:24 PM 09-28-2020
You’ve gotta have a dominant dl. Gotta be able to get pressure with 4. If you can’t do that you can’t beat kc
[Reply]
tk13 10:24 PM 09-28-2020
Originally Posted by JakeF:
I heard several people say that the Steelers have the best Defense in the NFL.

I dunno. :-)
They can definitely rush the passer, which is huge if you're going to play Mahomes. People rip on Lamar, which yes it is an issue, but I think an equally big issue the Ravens have is they aren't elite rushing the passer. You just have to be able to do that in today's league with today's defensive rules and all the mobile QBs. So then you get what happened tonight, they're just blitzing left and right and getting roasted. There aren't many teams like the Niners and Steelers who can rush 4 and terrorize you.

Look at what the Chargers did last week. They got a fair amount of pressure and caused problems.
[Reply]
BossChief 10:25 PM 09-28-2020
The Pats will probably give us a better game than the Ravens.

BB usually finds a way to trick Pat a few times and force him into mistakes.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 10:25 PM 09-28-2020
In a playoff game Belicheat can design a defense to contain us for a half. I think this is our year to finish them head to head with a Mahomes comeback
[Reply]
Jerok 10:25 PM 09-28-2020
Bills are great.

But I think Allen might be a mental midget like Big Truss and go crazy in a big playoff game.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 162
< 123 45671353103 > Last »
Up