ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 38 of 207
« First < 283435363738 394041424888138 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Any Bourbon drinkers out there?
The Poz 01:04 PM 06-19-2008
I've heard some good things about Buffalo Trace Bourbon.
http://www.buffalotrace.com/

Can't get it up here north of the border but, through a wine distributer I am able to order a case. Would like to hear from someone who knows their stuff and has tried it before I order.

Thanks
[Reply]
penguinz 07:40 PM 12-16-2016
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Same bottle I have here. :-)

Cheers!
Store here had the Christmas gift box that came with two Knob Creek branded rocks glasses at same price as just the bottle so it was a no brainer to buy!
[Reply]
lewdog 07:45 PM 12-16-2016
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Store here had the Christmas gift box that came with two Knob Creek branded rocks glasses at same price as just the bottle so it was a no brainer to buy!
I see tons of those here. A need two more glasses and I'm thinking the same thing!
[Reply]
KCTitus 08:05 PM 12-16-2016
Nothing wrong with Jameson's!
Correct, sir...do not talk down about Jameson. While it's not a bourbon, it is one of the finest whiskeys Ive ever enjoyed. It was basically my gateway to Scotch.

I would be very interested if anyone has tried the new Jameson Caskmates...Im not sure about mixing stout beer and irish whiskey
[Reply]
phisherman 08:16 PM 12-16-2016
Originally Posted by KCTitus:
Correct, sir...do not talk down about Jameson. While it's not a bourbon, it is one of the finest whiskeys Ive ever enjoyed. It was basically my gateway to Scotch.

I would be very interested if anyone has tried the new Jameson Caskmates...Im not sure about mixing stout beer and irish whiskey
It's delicious. Just a touch of chocolate and smoke right at the end of the classic Jameson profile.
[Reply]
KCTitus 08:20 PM 12-16-2016
Originally Posted by phisherman:
It's delicious. Just a touch of chocolate and smoke right at the end of the classic Jameson profile.
Thanks! Im in need of a stocking stuffer for myself, that might just do the trick. Sounds good.
[Reply]
cdcox 08:21 PM 12-16-2016
Anyone doing anything cool with whiskey cocktails? So many better choices are on the market compared to 5 years ago. I'm really enjoying Mahattans as cooler weather sets in.

3/4 oz Sweet vermouth = Vya
3 oz rye or bourbon = varies
2 dashes butters = Angostura
Cherry = Lyxardo

Great ingredients make great cocktails.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:44 PM 12-16-2016
First time I ever had Knob Creek was a few months ago. Put me on my ass after a few drinks whew.
[Reply]
penguinz 08:48 PM 12-16-2016
Originally Posted by BigMeatballBillay:
First time I ever had Knob Creek was a few months ago. Put me on my ass after a few drinks whew.
i usually go through a couple of 4-6 oz pours when I drink it.

You should try the 120 proof Knob or 140 proof stagg jr!
[Reply]
ILChief 09:54 PM 12-16-2016
Got a bottle of Weller 12. Saving it for Christmas eve
[Reply]
O.city 10:01 PM 12-16-2016
Originally Posted by cdcox:
Anyone doing anything cool with whiskey cocktails? So many better choices are on the market compared to 5 years ago. I'm really enjoying Mahattans as cooler weather sets in.

3/4 oz Sweet vermouth = Vya
3 oz rye or bourbon = varies
2 dashes butters = Angostura
Cherry = Lyxardo

Great ingredients make great cocktails.
I'm an old fashioned guy. If I'm making one at home I always go with Woodford as its what I mostly keep. I like a rye if we're out for drinks or dinner.

I had a fantastic rye in chicago a month or so ago at gibsons with a steak. I can't for the life of me remember the brand though.

My close friends dad growing up always drank old charter and coke so I grew up on that.
[Reply]
O.city 10:02 PM 12-16-2016
Those Christmas box things are always legit. They had a sweet glenmorangie one at the store yesterday I picked up for a buddy's xmas gift. May have to keep it for myself.
[Reply]
cdcox 10:36 PM 12-16-2016
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'm an old fashioned guy. If I'm making one at home I always go with Woodford as its what I mostly keep. I like a rye if we're out for drinks or dinner.

I had a fantastic rye in chicago a month or so ago at gibsons with a steak. I can't for the life of me remember the brand though.

My close friends dad growing up always drank old charter and coke so I grew up on that.
I'm also a big old fashioned fan. Bo you make them with Woodford bourbon or rye? I like either depending on my mood. Luxardo cherries seem expensive, but they will elevate your whole cocktail and a jar will last a long time.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:11 PM 12-16-2016
2 Makers in and I can't even Concentrate on the movie my wife wants to see. Love being a dude
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:13 PM 12-16-2016
your mother was a bourbon drinker, at least last night.
[Reply]
kjwood75nro 11:14 PM 12-16-2016
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
2 Makers in and I can't even Concentrate on the movie my wife wants to see. Love being a dude
2 what of Maker's?

Sips?
[Reply]
Page 38 of 207
« First < 283435363738 394041424888138 > Last »
Up