ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3137 of 3903
« First < 2137263730373087312731333134313531363137 31383139314031413147318732373637 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 09:23 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
FDA just authorized an at home test
Awesome news! There's a ton of good news lately. Other than the fact lots are dying, of course. If we can just get through the next few months...
[Reply]
petegz28 09:28 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
FDA just authorized an at home test
Hope it's worth a crap....
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:34 PM 11-17-2020
Home test approved by the FDA is $50 single use disposable test. Swab your nose and wait 30 minutes

Edit: the swab is actually the disposable part obviously not the unit itself. Still single use and don’t know how accurate it is yet.

Also requires a prescription

I can see the usefulness of this test. Say you think you have been in close contact with a positive person, doctor prescribes it to you and you can take a daily test provided they give you enough swabs/solution. As long as it is accurate this would be good.
[Reply]
Fish 10:10 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I joke at work about getting it was a good thing. I was lucky, of course. Didn't end up in the hospital or worse. Finally getting my taste and smell back to about 95% now and feeling less and less fatigued.

In the end if the trade off was a few days of feeling like I had the flu and such for being immune for most likely the rest of my life (if that study is accurate) then it might be a good deal.

Then again, if you end up in the hospital or worse then yea, probably not so much.
Glad you survived OK. Cheers.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 10:47 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Possibly. It is appearing at least in the KC area like cases might have rolled over for the moment. Nationally might be seeing that as well.

I think the big surge right now might be a cross between Halloween and people going out to vote.
Good thing Halloween and the election is over and we don't have any major holidays in the next couple of months.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:02 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
What am I missing, guys? Why are we worried about a certain percentage of people not taking the vaccine?

Those who will take it will be rather safe from those who do not and potentially end up getting sick.
We care about our fellow human beings? Don’t want them to die?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:02 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Good thing Halloween and the election is over and we don't have any major holidays in the next couple of months.
if I convert to Muslim. I don’t recognize the holidays and therefore those who are infected can’t touch this. :-)
[Reply]
Fish 11:06 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Love her. She's just an incredible person.
FYI... More Dolly Parton Love: https://theboot.com/dolly-parton-charity-work/

Seriously, this lady is crazy amazing!
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:06 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Home test approved by the FDA is $50 single use disposable test. Swab your nose and wait 30 minutes

Edit: the swab is actually the disposable part obviously not the unit itself. Still single use and don’t know how accurate it is yet.

Also requires a prescription

I can see the usefulness of this test. Say you think you have been in close contact with a positive person, doctor prescribes it to you and you can take a daily test provided they give you enough swabs/solution. As long as it is accurate this would be good.
A warp speed effort to have a cheap and reliable at home test would have saved lives.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:10 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
FYI... More Dolly Parton Love: https://theboot.com/dolly-parton-charity-work/

Seriously, this lady is crazy amazing!
why is there all this traffic about Dolly Parton on social media?
[Reply]
petegz28 11:28 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
You're right. The holidays that haven't come yet are why we got the current spike. Good call.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 03:56 AM 11-18-2020
Apoorva Mandavilli
@apoorva_nyc
THE GOOD NEWS: Immunity to the coronavirus might last years, maybe even decades, according to a new study — the most hopeful look yet at this
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/17/h....co/ntTmKxKjbm
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 06:08 AM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by :
Pfizer will seek regulatory review within days for its coronavirus vaccine, which it says is 95% effective
Wish we’d get some news from AstraZeneca or Johnson & Johnson.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:10 AM 11-18-2020
Well then...

So, since there is no safe live music and I cannot earn in either performing or in production, I've been working on a buddy's crew rehabbing and painting houses.

Today we started on a lady's house in Leawood. We wear masks when in contact with the client but not around each other as my buddy rents a room in my house and we're around each other all the time. This client did not wear a mask around us at all, all day long, and was frequently in close quarters with us.

Tonight we got an email from her. Apparently, she'd been not feeling well for the last week or so and so she had gotten a Covid test. It came back today, after we left.

Positive.

How considerate of her. I guess we're just the help, so who cares, right?

FUCK ME.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:22 AM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Well then...

So, since there is no safe live music and I cannot earn in either performing or in production, I've been working on a buddy's crew rehabbing and painting houses.

Today we started on a lady's house in Leawood. We wear masks when in contact with the client but not around each other as my buddy rents a room in my house and we're around each other all the time. This client did not wear a mask around us at all, all day long, and was frequently in close quarters with us.

Tonight we got an email from her. Apparently, she'd been not feeling well for the last week or so and so she had gotten a Covid test. It came back today, after we left.

Positive.

How considerate of her. I guess we're just the help, so who cares, right?

**** ME.
Yeah, that's kinda shitty. Hopefully she was far enough into it that her viral level was low enough she wasn't contagious.
[Reply]
Page 3137 of 3903
« First < 2137263730373087312731333134313531363137 31383139314031413147318732373637 > Last »
Up