ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 27
« First < 152122232425 2627 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Eric Berry Released!
T-post Tom 02:15 PM 03-13-2019
It's done. The spirit is free. (Don't go towards the light.)

The #Chiefs have released S Eric Berry. End of an era in KC.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 13, 2019

The Chiefs have released Berry with a post-June 1 designation, a source tells me. Means the Chiefs will save around $9.5m on the cap this year and $5.5m next year.

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) March 13, 2019

Quotes on the release of veteran safety Eric Berry from #Chiefs Chairman and CEO Clark Hunt, head coach Andy Reid, and general manager Brett Veach. pic.twitter.com/ibDvPWjtQk

— BJ Kissel (@ChiefsReporter) March 13, 2019

[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:54 PM 03-25-2019
As long as he's still gone, I'm happy...
[Reply]
Flying High D 08:23 PM 03-25-2019
Guess not many GM’s out there have a place on their team for someone who doesn’t play when not feeling it in their spirit. Who knew? Who would of ever thought that? It’s only been a couple of weeks i’m Sure BDB is still considering all his options. Getting cut must of hit him like a cement truck. Probably figured he could milk that contract awhile longer.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 03-25-2019, 09:11 PM
This message has been deleted by Naptown Chief.
Naptown Chief 09:12 PM 03-25-2019
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Call him whatever you want I seriously doubt he cares. Just thought cancer boy is a little ridiculous. Tons of ppl die from cancer every year getting it and beating it is nothing to be ashamed of.

Either way ive moved on from Berry I suggest you do the same. No need to hate the guy.
tldr
[Reply]
loochy 06:51 AM 03-26-2019
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Call him whatever you want I seriously doubt he cares. Just thought cancer boy is a little ridiculous. Tons of ppl die from cancer every year getting it and beating it is nothing to be ashamed of.

Either way ive moved on from Berry I suggest you do the same. No need to hate the guy.
Quiet cancer boy lover
[Reply]
JakeF 10:53 AM 03-26-2019
Originally Posted by Flying High D:
Guess not many GM’s out there have a place on their team for someone who doesn’t play when not feeling it in their spirit. Who knew? Who would of ever thought that? It’s only been a couple of weeks i’m Sure BDB is still considering all his options. Getting cut must of hit him like a cement truck. Probably figured he could milk that contract awhile longer.
Eric Berry wanted the Chiefs to cut him. He got his big paycheck and wanted to move on to another team for another paycheck. Collecting a bunch of signing bonuses is where a player can make huge money. As soon as teams stop calling he will retire.

I imagine Eric Berry will wait and sign with a team after most of training camp is over so he doesn't have to practice. Atlanta?
[Reply]
TribalElder 03:20 PM 03-26-2019
bob sutton is in atlanta, I wonder how that will factor in
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:37 PM 03-26-2019
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Eric Berry wanted the Chiefs to cut him. He got his big paycheck and wanted to move on to another team for another paycheck. Collecting a bunch of signing bonuses is where a player can make huge money. As soon as teams stop calling he will retire.

I imagine Eric Berry will wait and sign with a team after most of training camp is over so he doesn't have to practice. Atlanta?
I don't know that there could be a less informed or more fantasyland post on this topic.

Berry would have made $12MM+ with KC this year, he isn't getting anywhere near that or a bunch of guaranteed money no matter who signs him. He may get $5-8MM for a single year or something like $12MM for 2 years. If he doesn't sign until after camp he isn't getting jack shit from anyone.

He won't make money off the Chiefs cutting him. :-)

He has already made plenty off KC anyway.
[Reply]
JakeF 03:53 PM 03-26-2019
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
bob sutton is in atlanta, I wonder how that will factor in
Isn't Pioli still in Atlanta? Atlanta is Berry's home town and he also does football camps there every year. Some connections there.
[Reply]
Skyy God 04:26 PM 03-26-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I don't know that there could be a less informed or more fantasyland post on this topic.

Berry would have made $12MM+ with KC this year, he isn't getting anywhere near that or a bunch of guaranteed money no matter who signs him. He may get $5-8MM for a single year or something like $12MM for 2 years. If he doesn't sign until after camp he isn't getting jack shit from anyone.

He won't make money off the Chiefs cutting him. :-)

He has already made plenty off KC anyway.
Jake, though a little slow, is correct that Berry isn’t going to play in 2019 for, say, $2M plus incentives.

There’s no evidence he loves football that much at this point.
[Reply]
JakeF 05:09 PM 03-26-2019
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Jake, though a little slow, is correct that Berry isn’t going to play in 2019 for, say, $2M plus incentives.

Gee, thanks.
[Reply]
Marcellus 06:05 PM 03-26-2019

Indeed Jake may be slow but your response makes as much since as his post.

I was simply laughing at the idea Berry wanted KC to cut him because it would be financially beneficial for him.
[Reply]
Shoes 01:14 AM 03-27-2019

Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Indeed Jake may be slow but your response makes as much since as his post.

I was simply laughing at the idea Berry wanted KC to cut him because it would be financially beneficial for him.
Hey guys I don’t have much to add in regards to the debate about Berry’s potential earnings this upcoming season but I can confirm that Jake is indeed slow.
[Reply]
Skyy God 10:49 AM 03-27-2019
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Gee, thanks.
No problem!
[Reply]
chinaski 02:46 PM 03-27-2019
has anyone signed this piece of shit?
[Reply]
RunKC 09:04 AM 06-01-2019
$9.55 million in the bank. Time to pay Chris Jones

Four NFL teams will receive cap space tomorrow as a result of previous post-June 1 releases:
* Chiefs: $9.55M (Eric Berry)
* Panthers: $7M (Matt Kalil)
* Falcons: $6.45M (Ryan Schraeder)
* Bears. $1M (Cody Parkey)

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) June 1, 2019

[Reply]
Page 25 of 27
« First < 152122232425 2627 >
Up