ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 27
« First < 131920212223 24252627 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Eric Berry Released!
T-post Tom 02:15 PM 03-13-2019
It's done. The spirit is free. (Don't go towards the light.)

The #Chiefs have released S Eric Berry. End of an era in KC.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 13, 2019

The Chiefs have released Berry with a post-June 1 designation, a source tells me. Means the Chiefs will save around $9.5m on the cap this year and $5.5m next year.

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) March 13, 2019

Quotes on the release of veteran safety Eric Berry from #Chiefs Chairman and CEO Clark Hunt, head coach Andy Reid, and general manager Brett Veach. pic.twitter.com/ibDvPWjtQk

— BJ Kissel (@ChiefsReporter) March 13, 2019

[Reply]
Bowser 04:21 PM 03-18-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Honestly? It'll just show me that he was in it for the money last year and didn't give a fuck about the team.
This too
[Reply]
BleedingRed 04:22 PM 03-18-2019
Honestly? It'll just show me that he was in it for the money last year and didn't give a **** about the team.
It will really make me look at him even more different than I already did.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 04:23 PM 03-18-2019
Honestly? It'll just show me that he was in it for the money last year and didn't give a fuck about the team.
Or it shows he finally recovered from an injury that we weren't willing to spend the money to risk that he recovered from?
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:24 PM 03-18-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Or it shows he finally recovered from an injury that we weren't willing to spend the money to risk that he recovered from?
Yeah....only he sat out almost the entire fucking season and gave NO input into why he was sitting out. If he goes out and plays a full season in Dallas? Fuck him. He got paid and then his "spirit" wasn't in it.
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:25 PM 03-18-2019
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
How pissed will everyone be if he plays whole year no problem
Not pissed at all. Just means he healed, as he and allegedly the Chiefs, thought he would.

You honestly think he'd rather go to Dallas and make LESS money?
[Reply]
Bowser 04:25 PM 03-18-2019
From my understanding you never "recover" from Haglund's, you just deal with it since it's a pain management thing. So, if he goes on to have a pro bowl year with someone else, I think we should all question WTF he was doing in KC during the 2018 season.
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:25 PM 03-18-2019
This.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 04:27 PM 03-18-2019
How pissed will everyone be if he plays whole year no problem
Pissed? I'll be elated. It just proves myself and others right regarding our assessment of him and his "character".

Besides, if he had a problem getting sideways with KC, he's gonna' REALLY love Jerruh! :-)
[Reply]
TwistedChief 04:30 PM 03-18-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
From my understanding you never "recover" from Haglund's, you just deal with it since it's a pain management thing. So, if he goes on to have a pro bowl year with someone else, I think we should all question WTF he was doing in KC during the 2018 season.
Yeah, but there's a clear spectrum of pain management. And that evolves over time.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 04:36 PM 03-18-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
You honestly think he'd rather go to Dallas and make LESS money?
It seems he had the choice to take less money here, be with the team that Vegas is predicting wins the SB, the team that stood by him while he had cancer, and his achilles, and then his Haglund.

No matter what he was going to be taking less money... so why not do it for the team that stood by him?

This leaves a very bad taste in my mouth.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 04:38 PM 03-18-2019
Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx:
It seems he had the choice to take less money here, be with the team that Vegas is predicting wins the SB, the team that stood by him while he had cancer, and his achilles, and then his Haglund.

No matter what he was going to be taking less money... so why not do it for the team that stood by him?

This leaves a very bad taste in my mouth.
It’s not even like he didn’t get paid before this last contract. Wasn’t his class last rookie class with big contracts?
[Reply]
Bowser 04:42 PM 03-18-2019
It’s not even like he didn’t get paid before this last contract. Wasn’t his class last rookie class with big contracts?
Yeah. Sam Bradford got 50 mil as a bonus for being the #1 overall pick, Berry got 34 mil at #5.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 04:42 PM 03-18-2019
Yes.

HUGE rookie payday, set the record for rookie safeties if I recall correctly, and then another huge payday after that.
[Reply]
-King- 05:32 PM 03-18-2019
This. I mean how dare something heal over the course of a year. If Berry was injured last year he should be injured forever!
[Reply]
Bowser 05:41 PM 03-18-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
This. I mean how dare something heal over the course of a year. If Berry was injured last year he should be injured forever!
Sarcasm aside, Haglund's doesn't heal. It's personal pain management, and Pest has a point.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 27
« First < 131920212223 24252627 >
Up