ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 27
« First < 101617181920 21222324 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Eric Berry Released!
T-post Tom 02:15 PM 03-13-2019
It's done. The spirit is free. (Don't go towards the light.)

The #Chiefs have released S Eric Berry. End of an era in KC.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 13, 2019

The Chiefs have released Berry with a post-June 1 designation, a source tells me. Means the Chiefs will save around $9.5m on the cap this year and $5.5m next year.

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) March 13, 2019

Quotes on the release of veteran safety Eric Berry from #Chiefs Chairman and CEO Clark Hunt, head coach Andy Reid, and general manager Brett Veach. pic.twitter.com/ibDvPWjtQk

— BJ Kissel (@ChiefsReporter) March 13, 2019

[Reply]
chinaski 06:09 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefs=Good:
Its like a bulging disc. Some people can have them and learn through therapy, strengthening and lifestyle changes to mitigate the pain. Others cant. Then some people will have had them and never been bothered by it.
There was a study published in the New England Journal of Medicine a number of years ago where they had offered free back MRI's to a number of people at a ski lodge. Stipulation was that these people were not experiencing any pain whatsoever.

Over 60% of these people had structural anomalies in their backs. Herniated and Bulging Discs, Bone Fragments pushing on Nerve Roots etc. None of these people were experiencing any pain. ZERO. The conclusion was that structural abnormalities are not necessarily pain inducing.

This study more or less confirmed the work of a Medical Doctor by the name of John Sarno, who was the director of Rehabilitative Medicine at NYU University Hospital. Sarno concluded that the cause of most chronic pain issues, whether they be back, neck, shoulder whatever, are not structural but psychological.

I was diagnosed with a massive Herniated Disc last year along with a bone "fragment" pushing on my S1 Nerve root. The pain management doctors were surprised that I could even walk. After three Epidural Steroid injections that were marginally successful, I was recommended for surgery. Before my scheduled surgery date, I researched Dr Sarno on my own and read his book along with the many forums online dedicated to his research. I put into practice Sarno's ideas for becoming pain free.

Day of the procedure I felt great with no pain. I was literally in the hospital bed with IV attached. Surgeon walked in and I told him I was feeling fine. He reviewed the MRI again and refused to operate. He basically said that while I have a significant herniated disc, he wasn't 100% confident that the procedure would be successful long term. So I walked out of the hospital.

Fast forward to today, while I have some minor issues, with the help of Sarno's research, I am relatively pain free. I urge anybody with chronic pain issues to look into his research, as I feel it basically saved my life. Great video on Youtube where 20/20 did a segment on Dr. Sarno. Check it out. His book is called Healing Back Pain, the Mind Body Connection. The main forum dedicated to his research is called the TMS wiki.

This shit's for real.

Back to Berry, he was medically cleared to play...but he didn't. That's enough evidence for me regarding his release.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:25 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by chinaski:

I put into practice Sarno's ideas for becoming pain free.

Fast forward to today, while I have some minor issues, with the help of Sarno's research, I am relatively pain free. I urge anybody with chronic pain issues to look into his research, as I feel it basically saved my life. Great video on Youtube where 20/20 did a segment on Dr. Sarno. Check it out. His book is called Healing Back Pain, the Mind Body Connection. The main forum dedicated to his research is called the TMS wiki.

This shit's for real.

Back to Berry, he was medically cleared to play...but he didn't. That's enough evidence for me regarding his release.
So you could've saved Eric Berry and yet you chose to do nothing!?
[Reply]
Chiefs=Champions 06:27 AM 03-14-2019
Cool stuff. Ive had herniated disc pain on and off for 15 years. Mostly i can manage it. Will have to look into Dr. Sarno. Thanks!
[Reply]
TEX 06:32 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I have not read anywhere else he said "it would heal on its own". He said Eric Berry doesn't require surgery.

Those are actually two different things, as I tried to explain to LilChiefyBugger.
Exactly. Two very different things.
[Reply]
Jimkcchief88 06:46 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
It was at the minimum a 4 month injury that needs time to heal. Pro athlete thinks it could get better and play quicker. Team thinks same thing, not shutting him down. Realize he couldn't when trying. Still ends up playing when he probably shouldn't have. Throw in a quiet dude with a weird personality that's what you get.

Problem is we expect pro athletes to bounce back so quick from injuries because of salary when in reality they really shouldn't because the body needs the natural time to heal and recover like any normal person.
This. EB came back from CANCER to be a productive player so how do you question his heart and desire to play? His spirit was willing but his flesh was weak. I hate that our last memories of EB are him getting burned by Gronk in the AFC Championship game. We need to remember that game in the ATL that EB won for us almost singlehanded. When EB retires he should be on our coaching staff the next day. I will miss playing the Swiper Boy “Eric Berry” Heisman song on game day. Someone needs to post that. Thanks for the memories EB!
[Reply]
Red Dawg 06:54 AM 03-14-2019
Berry had a brilliant 16 season, motivated by money being a contract year just like Ford. He was good for a few years but mostly a broke ass. People on CP act like he was Ed Reed. He was never that great and purely a box safety. 8 years of his career he's only played 4. 3 he missed the whole season and 1 he missed 9 games.
[Reply]
loochy 07:10 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Berry had a brilliant 16 season, motivated by money being a contract year just like Ford. He was good for a few years but mostly a broke ass. People on CP act like he was Ed Reed. He was never that great and purely a box safety. 8 years of his career he's only played 4. 3 he missed the whole season and 1 he missed 9 games.
He was really good in his non contract years too. He was a badass when actually healthy....he just had some terrible luck with the ACL (FU Stevie whateveryoulastnamewas), the cancer (FU cancer), and achilles (FU achilles). Unfortunately, it all ended in the haglund's debacle and he left us with a terrible taste in our mouths.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:28 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I did. It's the only place I've seen someone say the doctor told him it would heal on its own.

Every other report says the doctor told him he doesn't need surgery.

Which of course aren't the same thing.
Read this article - https://www.podiatrytoday.com/how-tr...ormity-runners
Explains it well
[Reply]
loochy 10:46 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Read this article - https://www.podiatrytoday.com/how-treat-haglund’s-deformity-runners

Explains it well

Originally Posted by :
Final Notes

In conclusion, posterior heel pain can be difficult to treat in highly active individuals. Proper diagnosis and treatment are required in this demanding patient population. Conservative measures can be very helpful but symptoms commonly recur with return to sport or even wearing shoes. Proper procedure selection is critical based on individual anatomy and pathology, and surgeons should be comfortable with all three surgical approaches including simple exostectomy, Achilles detachment/reattachment, and the Keck and Kelly osteotomy.
i.e. it's going to come back, even if it feels better
[Reply]
Skyy God 11:51 AM 03-14-2019
My secretary is PISSED we cut Berry.

She’s also a dumbshit that can’t write appointments on my calendar.

So, great roster move.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:55 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by loochy:

i.e. it's going to come back, even if it feels better
Exactly. That's how I read it too. It's not something that will just "heal" on its own.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 12:06 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:

So, great roster move.
OMG, you owe me a keyboard!

THAT. WAS. AWESOME!!!!
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 12:08 PM 03-14-2019

So, great roster move.
:-) Hopefully she doesn't read CP...
[Reply]
TEX 12:10 PM 03-14-2019

It's complicated...
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 12:27 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Flying High D:
Wasn’t Big Red saying at the combine presser he fully expected Hobo to be healthy and contributing this year?
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
He sure did! And some folks bought it hook, line, and sinker.
Wait...
---

So when I suggest going after Za'Darius Smith because he could rush for the outside the response was...

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Was nobody paying attention when Andy Reid said the pass rush was coming from the gut and not the outside? Did everyone have cotton in their ears that day?
So, should we listen to Reid... nor not?

/totally possible I missed something
[Reply]
Page 20 of 27
« First < 101617181920 21222324 > Last »
Up