ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Better or Worse so far. . .
Better 115 66.09%
Worse 42 24.14%
who let this guy make a thread? 17 9.77%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 10
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So are the Chiefs getting better or worse this offseason:
DTVietnam 06:42 PM 03-12-2019
Signed:

Hyde
Mathieu
some brokedick Cowboys LB
Spag

Lost:

Berry
Mitch
Houston
Ford
Nelson
Ware
D. Harris
Sutton

Its still early in FA ..hopefully they make a big move at CB
[Reply]
Otter 09:12 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Exactly.

Both Hill and Mahomes will be THE highest paid players at their positions when they get new contracts. It only makes sense to sign them early and save money instead of getting one or two extra cheap years and then paying out the ass (like Dorsey did) when you finally have to resign them.

Had we resigned players like Berry and Houston early when we had the chance we might not have had to let them go this year...
I should have put "years" after 3-4 on Hill. That dude is built to play in the NFL and simply great.
[Reply]
Otter 09:16 PM 03-12-2019
And since I'm ranting with my 2 years of pee-wee and midget, and 1 year of high school football knowledge: Ford strikes me as very talented but not very motivated and Berry seems to have just given up.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:18 PM 03-12-2019
The Chiefs got massively better when they dumped their entire defensive coaching staff and replaced it with the new staff.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:27 PM 03-12-2019
So far things appear to be trending up, with ONE major player issue to resolve.

So it's early, but I'm not upset with what they've done so far.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:29 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Otter:
And since I'm ranting with my 2 years of pee-wee and midget, and 1 year of high school football knowledge: Ford strikes me as very talented but not very motivated and Berry seems to have just given up.
Berry gave up a long time ago. The Chiefs were slow to see the game he was playing with them (hardly new for the Chiefs to be slow), and just didn't, and might still not, have the guts to kick him to the proverbial curb.
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:30 PM 03-12-2019
From a talent perspective they're worse. You're lying to yourself to say otherwise.
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:31 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
The Chiefs got massively better when they dumped their entire defensive coaching staff and replaced it with the new staff.
:-)

boy are you going to be disappointed.
[Reply]
Rausch 09:33 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Also keep in mind that Spags likes to send numbers at the QB. He likes to blitz.

Perhaps we take a step back in pass rush with both our OLB's gone but the Badger is an excellent blitzer. He can come from the FS position or the slot CB position.

We'll still have to add another two pass rushers but quantity helping to offset quality....
[Reply]
Best22 09:38 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
From a talent perspective they're worse. You're lying to yourself to say otherwise.
Correct. But it’s March

Can’t judge a defense until after the draft/FA
[Reply]
007 09:44 PM 03-12-2019
I honestly don't fucking know if we are getting better or worse. They are getting rid of the contract problems but no comp for Houston. a 2020 2nd for Ford. Nothing but cap space when they release Berry.

I feel like we are not getting better. Hope I'm wrong though. I honestly thought Houston was tradeable and am shocked at what we got for Ford.
[Reply]
Bump 09:48 PM 03-12-2019
Losing Morse sucks but I wouldn't pay him anywhere near that. Losing Ford and Houston sounds bad at first, but it's kind of expected and they were 2 of the 3 best players on the worst defense in the league.

You'd think we'd be set up perfectly to replace them since we spent our previous two second round picks on pass rushers (KPass and Speaks). But KPass hasn't done shit and Speaks might be able to step into the role, we'll see.
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:50 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Best22:
Correct. But it’s March

Can’t judge a defense until after the draft/FA
The question was "so Far" not two months from now.

Looking at the poll we either we have dumbass evaluators or some incredible wishful thinking.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:51 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by 007:
I honestly don't fucking know if we are getting better or worse. They are getting rid of the contract problems but no comp for Houston. a 2020 2nd for Ford. Nothing but cap space when they release Berry.

I feel like we are not getting better. Hope I'm wrong though. I honestly thought Houston was tradeable and am shocked at what we got for Ford.
Sometimes you have to just rip off the bandaid. Looks like that's the approach Veach (and probably Spags) have decided to go in. Hope it works.
[Reply]
New World Order 09:51 PM 03-12-2019
Meh, probably neutral.

But FA isn't over and we still have the draft.

When it's all said and done we will have a better defense.
[Reply]
Bugeater 09:51 PM 03-12-2019
Gotta crack a few eggs to make an omelette
[Reply]
Page 2 of 10
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up