ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 46 of 58
« First < 364243444546 4748495056 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs close to a deal with Tyrann Mathieu (now confirmed)
Dante84 05:22 PM 03-11-2019

The Chiefs are close to a deal with S Tyrann Mathieu, I’m told

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) March 11, 2019

Former Texans’ S Tyrann Mathieu intends to sign a three-year, $42 million deal with the Kansas City Chiefs, per a league source.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 11, 2019

MahomesKnows 02:09 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Hill’s return ability is highly valuable though too, he changes the game in that way. Teams either get shitty field position punting away from him or give up big gains.

I’d be fine either way, keeping him back there or not.
Hill certainly has the ability to take one the distance. But, how many times did he try to do too much and end up getting us pinned inside the 10? I remember that happening several times in big games.

I'm sure he thinks he can get big yardage every time. But sometimes it's best to let it go in for a touchback and let the offense get to work.
htismaqe 02:09 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Hill’s return ability is highly valuable though too, he changes the game in that way. Teams either get shitty field position punting away from him or give up big gains.

I’d be fine either way, keeping him back there or not.
Tremon Smith can do the exact same thing without risking injury to your soon-to-be $100M man.
O.city 02:10 PM 03-14-2019
It's not worth it to have Hill back there. He doesn't get the chance to really return it much anyway so put someone else back there.
InChiefsHeaven 02:13 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by MahomesKnows:
Hill certainly has the ability to take one the distance. But, how many times did he try to do too much and end up getting us pinned inside the 10? I remember that happening several times in big games.

I'm sure he thinks he can get big yardage every time. But sometimes it's best to let it go in for a touchback and let the offense get to work.
Agreed. Dante Hall was the same way. But it was worth it. Hill though...he's worlds better than Dante as a receiver. Not worth the risk.
FAX 04:15 PM 03-14-2019

The @Chiefs signed @Mathieu_Era today.

Never forget the motivational message he gave the @MarshallBuffs ��team.��@1MalikH1

(Via @HoustonTexans )

�� https://t.co/u0vmvHP29P pic.twitter.com/Wv3bL9j7dL

— MaxPreps (@MaxPreps) March 12, 2019

Naptown Chief 04:25 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:

:-)
BossChief 07:57 PM 03-14-2019
2 things.

1) This kid is gonna give us what Berry did on his best days. On the field and off of it. He’s going to really impact the whole defense.

2) Anyone else notice Reid make a comment about the guys we let go possibly not playing anymore? “If they chose to keep playing” I think he said. I thought that was intentional and very interesting.

Maybe Houston and Berry both want to retire.
pugsnotdrugs19 08:02 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:
2 things.

1) This kid is gonna give us what Berry did on his best days. On the field and off of it. He’s going to really impact the whole defense.

2) Anyone else notice Reid make a comment about the guys we let go possibly not playing anymore? “If they chose to keep playing” I think he said. I thought that was intentional and very interesting.

I’d be just fine with that call, although I don’t expect it. Hate to see them in another uniform, especially if it’s a common opponent...
pugsnotdrugs19 08:02 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Tremon Smith can do the exact same thing without risking injury to your soon-to-be $100M man.
Yeah, I guess Smith makes that an easier decision (if they think he can catch punts).
MotherfuckerJones 08:13 PM 03-14-2019
I love this signing the more time that passes. Love the chip on his shoulder to be a great leader on this defense
Iconic 08:16 PM 03-14-2019
Yeah truth be told I've come around to Mathieu. Way he's carried himself on social media and the bits of info we've been fed since he's been signed - he kind of gives off that Berry on the football field vibe. Only he's not quiet like Berry, he's LOUD and he lays it all out there on AND off the field. I like it.
htismaqe 08:17 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Iconic:
Yeah truth be told I've come around to Mathieu. Way he's carried himself on social media and the bits of info we've been fed since he's been signed - he kind of gives off that Berry on the football field vibe. Only he's not quiet like Berry, he's LOUD and he lays it all out there on AND off the field. I like it.
That's where I'm at. I really like his attitude.
Redbled 09:49 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:
2 things.

You’d sure think they would retire before getting cut though unless they just want to test the market. Berry I could see. Houston would surprise me.
synthesis2 09:55 PM 03-14-2019
over the last couple of years you could tell that Houston and berry both had chips in their shoulders when it came to money, especially Houston.

I mean don't get me wrong, he showed up sometimes and played ok but when you pay a guy like we do and he doesn't speak to the media, basically the fans, and never restructures anything and just has always put off the vibe that money was waaaaaay more important than football, which is a shame.

I think in the last couple of years they were both bad for the team morale and glad they are gone.
Hog's Gone Fishin 10:33 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
So basically, he came to KC because of Mahomes.

Thanks Pat.
He did say that had a lot to do with it. Pat's going to be a hell of a recruiter for a long time. :-)
Page 46 of 58
« First < 364243444546 4748495056 > Last »
Up