ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 633 of 791
« First < 133533583623629630631632633 634635636637643683733 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:22 AM 03-26-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
If Tyreek's situation is bleak enough that the Chiefs would consider trading him, nobody is going to want him.
Absolutely. Can you imagine if the Chiefs traded for some player who was knowingly under investigation and then he was suspended for the season or banned from the NFL before playing a single snap for the team? :-)
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:23 AM 03-26-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Absolutely. Can you imagine if the Chiefs traded for some player who was knowingly under investigation and then he was suspended for the season or banned from the NFL before playing a single snap for the team? :-)
You literally can't. The trade itself shows your hand in this case.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:24 AM 03-26-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Well, according to the CP Lexicon, the Chiefs are the only team in the NFL dumb enough to do something like that. SSSSSOOOOOOO.....
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:24 AM 03-26-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
You literally can't. The trade itself shows your hand in this case.
Yep.
[Reply]
O.city 08:25 AM 03-26-2019
Yeah, I think Ramsey is the better player, but he's note exactly the easiest to deal with. I'd imagine they'd not want to go that route.
[Reply]
Buckweath 08:26 AM 03-26-2019
I have said many times that Peterson would be perfect for this team. No to Ramsey who would not only cost too much in a trade but would also require a massive contract. I really don't see Veach going for Ramsey.

A fair trade for Peterson is a 2nd round pick plus an additional pick. You don't trade a 1st round pick for a CB who will be 29 years old when the next season starts. His value IMO is about the same as Peters when he was traded.

I would not look to extend Peterson at all, certainly not now and probably not when his contract expires but you see in due time.

This guy is just perfect for the Chiefs' SB window now.

I would still draft a CB within the first 3 rounds even if they got Peterson.
[Reply]
O.city 08:26 AM 03-26-2019
I'm kind of wondering if the Chiefs have actually agreed to a LTD with Tyreek but are gonna wait it out to announce it.
[Reply]
carcosa 08:27 AM 03-26-2019
I think we should sign Devon Wallman
[Reply]
O.city 08:28 AM 03-26-2019
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
I have said many times that Peterson would be perfect for this team. No to Ramsey who would not only cost too much in a trade but would also require a massive contract. I really don't see Veach going for Ramsey.

A fair trade for Peterson is a 2nd round pick plus an additional pick. You don't trade a 1st round pick for a CB who will be 29 years old when the next season starts. His value IMO is about the same as Peters when he was traded.

I would not look to extend Peterson at all, certainly not now and probably not when his contract expires but you see in due time.

This guy is just perfect for the Chiefs' SB window now.

I would still draft a CB within the first 3 rounds even if they got Peterson.
Veach and more specifically Andy like to bring in younger guys. Look at their acquisitions lately. They may indeed do this Peterson deal, I dunno.

But I would imagine they'd rather have the younger guy if compensation was equal, but it won't be.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 08:29 AM 03-26-2019
id absolutely extend Peterson, he will be fine until 32
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:31 AM 03-26-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Veach and more specifically Andy like to bring in younger guys. Look at their acquisitions lately. They may indeed do this Peterson deal, I dunno.

But I would imagine they'd rather have the younger guy if compensation was equal, but it won't be.
That's the thing, I can't imagine it would even be CLOSE to equal. Ramsey is going to want more money and the Jags, who just signed their SB QB, are going to want more draft picks.
[Reply]
O.city 08:34 AM 03-26-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
That's the thing, I can't imagine it would even be CLOSE to equal. Ramsey is going to want more money and the Jags, who just signed their SB QB, are going to want more draft picks.
Thing you have going there though is that he needs a new contract too, which would likely lessen the capitol you're likely to have to give up in a trade.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:40 AM 03-26-2019
Thing you have going there though is that he needs a new contract too, which would likely lessen the capitol you're likely to have to give up in a trade.
That might lessen what we're willing to give up, but it doesn't necessary reduce Jacksonville's asking price.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:43 AM 03-26-2019
Jacksonville could always just tag him next year and get similar compensation. They're all in right now, no way they trade Ramsey for anything less than a king's ransom.
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:45 AM 03-26-2019
Yeah, I think Ramsey is the better player, but he's note exactly the easiest to deal with. I'd imagine they'd not want to go that route.
I agree
[Reply]
Page 633 of 791
« First < 133533583623629630631632633 634635636637643683733 > Last »
Up