ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 143 of 181
« First < 4393133139140141142143 144145146147153 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2018-2019 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread *****
saphojunkie 12:37 PM 04-04-2018
Fuck the Final Four. Championship or bust, baby.

Will update as people declare for the draft/transfer/commit

ROSTER:

Spoiler!

BYE BYE

Spoiler!

FULL SCHEDULE:

https://kuathletics.com/documents/20...9_schedule.pdf

Spoiler!

PHILLIPS 66 BIG 12 CHAMPIONSHIP

Spoiler!

NCAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP:

Spoiler!

More updates to come.

Let's go get Championship number 4 (6)!
[Reply]
sedated 03:44 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
How much does your opinion of this year's team change if they screw around and somehow win the Big XII tourney?
Big 12 tournament doesn't mean dick, this year or any year.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 04:06 PM 03-12-2019
My favorite stat about the streak:

Bill Self won the Big 12 2 more times during the streak than Coach K has won the ACC in his entire tenure at Duke.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:24 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Anyone ready for KCC to post his scare tactics again this March, where he shows the KenPom data for our next opponent and one great thing they do which *CAN*** hurt us?
I'm sorry that advanced analysis of college basketball makes you so upset.
[Reply]
Pablo 05:48 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I'm sorry that advanced analysis of college basketball makes you so upset.
That's what we're calling it?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:52 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Pablo:
That's what we're calling it?
ad·vanced
/ədˈvanst/
adjective
far on or ahead in development or progress.
"negotiations are at an advanced stage"
new and not yet generally accepted.
"his advanced views made him unpopular"

It checks out. My analysis is both of those.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 06:37 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
My favorite stat about the streak:

Bill Self won the Big 12 2 more times during the streak than Coach K has won the ACC in his entire tenure at Duke.
He coaches in a way better league
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:46 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
ad·vanced
/ədˈvanst/
adjective
far on or ahead in development or progress.
"negotiations are at an advanced stage"
new and not yet generally accepted.
"his advanced views made him unpopular"

It checks out. My analysis is both of those.
"Advanced Overreaction Analysis"

This year, they simply aren't very good... no need to cherry pick reasons why Kansas is practically guaranteed to lose every game (not to mention that it's pointless to over analyze matchups in a single elimination tournament anyway).
[Reply]
Lzen 09:22 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefaRoo:
That you Kelly Oubre?

https://youtu.be/c8zM38dO_co
Uhhhh.....not sure what is the relevance. You should stop living in the past. I was just commenting on the gif, not on either program. I thought it was hilarious. That being said, your post is proof that the gif perfect.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:43 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Won't change my mind at all. This team was actually better at the start of the year than they are now, and that's something you rarely see...esp for a Self KU squad. FWIW, I hate the conference tourney. Maybe it's because w/ KU, many times it doesn't mean anything a lot of times. i dont like the idea of using it as a last lifeline for NCAA bid for those teams who were subpar during reg season.

KU just couldn't overcome the amount of adversity they faced this yr, very little to no bench support. Loss of Doke really hurt this team...it's forced KU to play small, and they don't have the offensive firepower to play small and play the track meet game.

This team can't play on the road. AWFUL.

This team can't shoot themselves out of offensive funks like teams in the past. They are terrible from downtown, and the loss of Vick (say what you will about the guy - when he was on, he was ON) makes it that much worse. Many times this team is terrible in half court O.

They might win their first rd matchup in the NCAA...probably will lose their 2nd. I'd be surprised if they make S16.
Can't argue with any of this. However, I will add that for as much as Vick gave as a shooter, he gave up more on defense, lack of concentration (many times leading to TOs, and lack of leadership.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 12:32 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Uhhhh.....not sure what is the relevance. You should stop living in the past. I was just commenting on the gif, not on either program. I thought it was hilarious. That being said, your post is proof that the gif perfect.
Of course the gif was perfect.

The only thing in Kansas more insecure than a KSU fan is a WSU fan.
[Reply]
ChiefaRoo 12:52 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Lzen:

Uhhhh, you’re right let’s not live in the past. KU’s past Big12 titles aren’t worth talking about. All that matters is the here and now. How’d the Hawks do this year? Soul crushed by Tech and KSU I believe. Let’s talk about that.
[Reply]
InvinciBill 12:58 PM 03-13-2019
Uhhhh, you’re right let’s not live in the past. KU’s past Big12 titles aren’t worth talking about. All that matters is the here and now. How’d the Hawks do this year? Soul crushed by Tech and KSU I believe. Let’s talk about that.
The fact that you consider a season split to be "soul crushing" only proves the message of the gif.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 01:45 PM 03-13-2019
I believe they split with both. Derp.
[Reply]
ChiefaRoo 02:06 PM 03-13-2019
A Blue Blood that doesn’t win its own league..lolz.
[Reply]
Lzen 03:32 PM 03-13-2019
A Blue Blood that doesn’t win its own league..lolz.
Meh, I knew it would happen sooner or later. Hell, you must have missed the comment about how KU's conference titles are more than Kryzewski's. And he's been at Duke MUCH longer than Self at KU. And it took injuries, ruling player ineligible, and a senior going off the rails for KSU and Tech to even have a chance to do what they did. So no, I'm not broken up about it. It's a down year. It happens to the best of programs. But a down year at KU is still at top 15 team. So, we have nothing to be ashamed of.
[Reply]
Page 143 of 181
« First < 4393133139140141142143 144145146147153 > Last »
Up