ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 36 of 319
« First < 263233343536 373839404686136 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
Pants 12:14 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
How many teams out there can claim that they have above average offensive linemen at every position of the line?

It’s not fucking happening.

LDT is going to start. Niang will probably start. My guess is Allegretti or Rankin will probably start.

We’re not replacing every fucking position along the line.
We can end the OLine discussion with this.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:14 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Again, point out the posters that have said to replace all 5 positions on the OL. I keep seeing this as some sort of rebuttal yet no one has actually said that.
:-)

Do you know what a complete overhaul is? You were just arguing for it, and saying it was realistic yesterday.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:16 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:

Do you know what a complete overhaul is? You were just arguing for it, and saying it was realistic yesterday.
I'll go copy paste what I meant by that since it's apparent you didn't read it. Give me a bit.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:16 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
How many teams out there can claim that they have above average offensive linemen at every position of the line?

It’s not ****ing happening.

LDT is going to start. Niang will probably start. My guess is Allegretti or Rankin will probably start.

We’re not replacing every ****ing position along the line.
We need another OT and center. Then the rest can be draft picks and value vets to further depth and competition.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 12:18 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It's more that people think they're going to completely overhaul the offensive line in one offseason.

It's not going to happen.
I agree.

In my ideal world I think you'd like to make a move to find your long term LT in the draft, and hope Niang can be that guy at RT. Maybe draft a center if it's the right guy, and then hope LDT comes back in top form and Allegretti takes the next step in year 2. Maybe find a decent guy to bring in at vet minimum to take some of the pressure off the rookies.

I think you have a pretty serviceable o-line if that's the case. The problem is that is a SUPER green offensive line, but with Fisher and Schwartz out, Reiter gone and Wylie, Remmers awful, it's probably about the best you can do.

Just rambling, i'm not a draft guy, but I think two picks should go to o-line. Everything else, yeah receiver and pass rush and probably a linebacker.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:18 PM 02-11-2021
Why sure you can. Plenty of interior OL talent is currently slated to be available this Offseason. Scherff and Thuney are upgrades to the G position and Linsley would be a huge get at C. Sign one of them and draft a cornerstone LT by trading up and you're already nearly there, especially if LDT and Niang can hold down the right side.

Injury settlements to both Fisher and Schwartz. Extension for Mathieu. Restructures for both Mahomes and Jones if necessary. One IOL at market value won't cripple the team, although if you really believe Fisher is going to be able to come back then extend him instead and sign Linsley. That way we can play a little musical chairs when Fisher returns and Niang can take a G spot while the rookie T switches to RT for the foreseeable future.

Although it'd be REALLY nice if the Kelce rumors out of Philly are actually true and we could sign him to a deal a bit below market value.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:19 PM 02-11-2021
Also....Reid isn’t going to start all rookies on the offensive line. So even if we draft 3 of them....don’t get pissed when they all don’t start.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:19 PM 02-11-2021
I'll go copy paste what I meant by that since it's apparent you didn't read it. Give me a bit.
I literally said you can’t completely overhaul the OL with 5 new starters and you argued that you could.

There are 5 spots on the OL.

You can’t overhaul the entire thing without multiple free agents and draft picks.

They’ll have 2-3 new starters max.
Why sure you can. Plenty of interior OL talent is currently slated to be available this Offseason. Scherff and Thuney are upgrades to the G position and Linsley would be a huge get at C. Sign one of them and draft a cornerstone LT by trading up and you're already nearly there, especially if LDT and Niang can hold down the right side.

[Reply]
comochiefsfan 12:20 PM 02-11-2021

To be fair, I would classify replacing 3 or more starters as a "complete overhaul". I think it's fairly likely we'll be seeing three starters on the line in week 1 that didn't start in the Super Bowl.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:20 PM 02-11-2021
There are people here that want 5 new offensive linemen. They want a line that doesn't include Wylie OR LDT. They want us to draft a LT AND a RT.

Some of these wants just aren't realistic.
well there's a big difference in my opinion between a healthy LDT and Wylie.

In my opinion, LDT can be a starting level player on an acceptably good offensive line.

Wylie, in my opinion, is a player that you have to try to cover for. While that's normal for a back-up level player, I don't think that should be an acceptable standard for a starter.

And while I would certainly draft an OT (and do so probably within the first two rounds judging by the mocks, and yes, it's early, and yes we don't know how it will shake out and no, I don't want to just draft anyone because I'm not an idiot) I would also try to nab a crusty old vet chasing a ring on a cheap deal to plug in and hold the fort until A)said rookie is ready to play or B)Fisher returns.
I think it's foolhardy however, to assume that Fisher will be 100% as soon as he's cleared to play. That seems very unrealistic. This is where a Jason Peters (yes he's OLD) would be a smart and dirt cheap pick-up.

I fully expect that Schwartz is done. I don't think it's safe to assume anything else other than he's taken his last snaps.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:20 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
To be fair, I would classify replacing 3 or more starters as a "complete overhaul". I think it's fairly likely we'll be seeing three starters on the line in week 1 that didn't start in the Super Bowl.
Not hard when most of them were fucking backups.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02-11-2021, 12:21 PM
This message has been deleted by htismaqe. Reason: can't read
Sassy Squatch 12:21 PM 02-11-2021
I literally said “you can’t completely overhaul the OL with 5 new starters” and you argued that you could.
Bull fucking shit, you're the one that responded to me last night and actually acquiesced that my ideal plan wasn't all that unrealistic. You just didn't think we had the money to sign a free agent IOL at market value.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:22 PM 02-11-2021
Dude, you're talking about laying out AT LEAST $8M more per year for Linsley and Scherff than you'd save by getting rid of Fisher and Schwartz AND you're going to trade up for an OT?

There's zero - less than zero - chance that happens. It's pretty much impossible, especially this year.
Jesus fucking Christ, READ. I SAID ONE OF THEM. Ideally Linsley and in fantasy land Kelce if he's cut.
[Reply]
old_geezer 12:23 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
We need another OT and center. Then the rest can be draft picks and value vets to further depth and competition.
This is my wish list also. What good are more offensive weapons when Mahomes is running for his life within a second of the center snapping the ball? He's going to get seriously hurt soon if we don't give him some protection.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:23 PM 02-11-2021
Bull fucking shit, you're the one that responded to me last night and actually acquiesced that my ideal plan wasn't all that unrealistic. You just didn't think we had the money to sign a free agent IOL at market value.
Me:

You can’t completely overhaul the OL with 5 new starters

You:

Yes you can.

You (today):

I’m not arguing for overhauling the entire OL.

And no, it not realistic to expect to sign one of the top free agents on the OL.
[Reply]
Page 36 of 319
« First < 263233343536 373839404686136 > Last »
Up