ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 295 of 3903
« First < 195245285291292293294295 2962972982993053453957951295 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:07 PM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
Suzzer makes Debbie Downer look like a motivational speaker. Maybe u should remove yourself if you can’t handle people having an opinion
Not the one bitching. I am merely trying to help him since he has the medical issue that makes him susceptible to more health problems because of this type of information in this type of thread. This thread is different than others and everyone knows that to be true.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:08 PM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by cdcox:
Not sure about the merit of the exemptions. Covid 19 doesn't know about any exemptions. It seems like the exempt entities should make adjustments in operations (sub-areas, shifts, etc) to achieve effective gatherings of less than 50.

It's Quinon Lucas all he does is try and get headlines but never actually fixes.... anything.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:08 PM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Time for perspective...

Approximately .000009% of the total US population currently has a confirmed case of COVID-19.

Of that tiny %, 80% will have minimal to no symptoms.

65 people have died from COVID-19... .00000017% of the population, which means you are more likely to die in America from a lightening strike.

I am all for a measured (keyword: MEASURED) response to combating COVID-19, but that ship has sailed when you start closing restaurants, banning gatherings, etc.

This response is the equivalent of banning all vehicles/driving to eliminate deaths/injuries from auto accidents.

A key to effective public policy and good governance is measured and reasonable actions that will encourage adherence.
The chance of dying from a lightning strike doesn't exponentially increase if you ignore it.

Auto accidents aren't going to all of a sudden overfill hospitals like Coronavirus has done in multiple countries.

Bad analogies aside, actually having an outline planned that's known before this kind of stuff even starts would probably help some... closing restaurants/bars seems extreme at this point, IMO, outside of possibly very few cities.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:08 PM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
So I obsessively checked my temperature today. At one point it was around 99.5. I have no other symptoms. Can stress and anxiety cause a rise in body temp? I noted that the temp was higher when I was feeling most anxious. I woke up this morning and it was 97.1

I'm relaxing tonight and its 98.3.

I think there might be a correlation but some reassurance wouldn't hurt.
Your CP profile says you are 30. Take it easy my friend. Sounds like you are of extremely low risk.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:12 PM 03-15-2020
Stupid question here and I already know the answer just seeing if anyone else feels this way.....

Like I said I work in a building with thousands. My part time job is bartending. I think it's extremely irresponsible for me to continue this during a pandemic but I literally have no options i'll eventually lose my place, my electricity etc if I sit this out until they give us permission.

Pretty much me and I'm sure many reading this are in the same situation and we're fucked right? No options other than the obvious continue working?
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 09:13 PM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Not the one bitching. I am merely trying to help him since he has the medical issue that makes him susceptible to more health problems because of this type of information in this type of thread. This thread is different than others and everyone knows that to be true.
Fair enough. I wasn’t aware.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 09:14 PM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Stupid question here and I already know the answer just seeing if anyone else feels this way.....

Like I said I work in a building with thousands. My part time job is bartending. I think it's extremely irresponsible for me to continue this during a pandemic but I literally have no options i'll eventually lose my place, my electricity etc if I sit this out until they give us permission.

Pretty much me and I'm sure many reading this are in the same situation and we're ****ed right? No options other than the obvious continue working?
Unfortunately, yeah you don't really have a choice you have to keep working to pay the bills. Just wash your hands as much as you can.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 09:16 PM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
What brand works best?
Look for the anti-freeze bottle that has the flaming aids tree on the front.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:19 PM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
The chance of dying from a lightning strike doesn't exponentially increase if you ignore it.

Auto accidents aren't going to all of a sudden overfill hospitals like Coronavirus has done in multiple countries.

Bad analogies aside, actually having an outline planned that's known before this kind of stuff even starts would probably help some... closing restaurants/bars seems extreme at this point, IMO, outside of possibly very few cities.
There is a measured way to deal with this... micro-target the containment and mitigation strategies to minimize disruption to business/society.

People in high risk groups should individually social distance (this is a regular best practice when people have compromised immune systems such as cancer patients going through chemotherapy).

Also as is done with the flu and food borne outbreaks, target mitigation actions towards specific locations that are experiencing a surge of cases (i.e. you don’t close every restaurant in a state or a city if you can target a norovirus food borne outbreak to a specific restaurant).
[Reply]
BWillie 09:22 PM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Unfortunately, yeah you don't really have a choice you have to keep working to pay the bills. Just wash your hands as much as you can.
Everybody keeps saying to wash their hands. It sounds nice and like an easy way to evade the virus but by far the most common way it is transmitted is by droplets which is being close to an infected person while they are talking or sneezing or coughing.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...nsmission.html

Spread from contact with contaminated surfaces or objects

It may be possible that a person can get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes, but this is not thought to be the main way the virus spreads.
[Reply]
stumppy 09:23 PM 03-15-2020

Pretty much me and I'm sure many reading this are in the same situation and we're fucked right? No options other than the obvious continue working?
I'd suggest rigorous and often disinfecting of your hands and face with some of your employers grain alcohol.....or at least their best vodka.
[Reply]
candyman 09:25 PM 03-15-2020
I literally have no options i'll eventually lose my place, my electricity etc if I sit this out until they give us permission.
Even if/when they do give you permission to stay home how are you going to pay your bills? Do you expect them to pay you anyway?
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 09:27 PM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Time for perspective...

Approximately .000009% of the total US population currently has a confirmed case of COVID-19.

Of that tiny %, 80% will have minimal to no symptoms.

65 people have died from COVID-19... .00000017% of the population, which means you are more likely to die in America from a lightening strike.

I am all for a measured (keyword: MEASURED) response to combating COVID-19, but that ship has sailed when you start closing restaurants, banning gatherings, etc.

This response is the equivalent of banning all vehicles/driving to eliminate deaths/injuries from auto accidents.

A key to effective public policy and good governance is measured and reasonable actions that will encourage adherence.
:-):-):-):-) Thank you !!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:27 PM 03-15-2020

[Reply]
Strongside 09:28 PM 03-15-2020
Some of you know my mothers situation. Nurse Practitioner at Menorah, came down with classic CV symptoms a couple days after the first JOCO patient was diagnosed, but the state refused to test her due to her having not “been in contact with someone infected or traveled internationally.”

She is still self-quarantining and, though feeling much better, has not fully recovered.

The night before she got sick, she stayed at my brothers house.

He, his fiancée, and both of their kids now have a 100+ Fever and a dry cough.

My brother refuses to go to the doctor, saying it’s just the flu and they’ll ride it out. He doesn’t make much money and is concerned about the costs associated with going in.

This is why our system is fucking broken. This is why we won’t contain this thing until it runs its course. People fear our expensive as fuck healthcare system more than they utilize it.

I’ve tried to get the kid to go in and get tested. He isn’t budging.

I don’t want to live on this planet anymore.
[Reply]
Page 295 of 3903
« First < 195245285291292293294295 2962972982993053453957951295 > Last »
Up