ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 107 of 108
« First < 75797103104105106107 108 >
Nzoner's Game Room>THE COUNTDOWN to the NFL TRADE DEADLINE THREAD - Tues. Oct. 29th @ 4:00p Eastern Time
arrowheadnation 10:18 AM 10-08-2019
I figured I would create one location to house all of the breaking news, rumors, pessimism, despair, helplessness, frustration, and of course optimism leading up to the 2019 NFL Trade Deadline on:

Tuesday, October 29th @ 4:00p Eastern Time

3 weeks from today! We all have ideas of what the Chiefs need so I won't go into that, but hopefully this day will come and go with better results than last year for us.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 05:15 PM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
They signed Wilson and traded for Lee. They brought in House as their LBers coach. How do people think we did nothing to try and improve the position?
Lee was for a sixth round pick and Wilson was a special teams player in Dallas. We are looking for significant change just not marginal change
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:16 PM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
It was a tweet you shared from some rando on Twitter. I distinctly recall.
Yep.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 05:21 PM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Lee was for a sixth round pick and Wilson was a special teams player in Dallas. We are looking for significant change just not marginal change
They had signed Hitchens to a big deal the year prior. The knock on him and reason for his regression was hesitancy brought on by scheme. They prioritized upgrading the safety position - an absolute necessity - and re-tooled said scheme with Spags. This board was jerking off at the idea that House and Daly were *assistant* coaches. We signed Wilson and took a flyer on Lee in hopes of upgrading the position.

Please someone go back in time and tell me what we should've done. Let me guess: sign CJ Mosley? :-)
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 05:22 PM 10-29-2019
Wilson was a base package starter in Dallas but beyond that.

This just speaks to a bigger picture issue overall and that is that teams can’t simply address every issue on a roster each season. There’s too many spots to fill.

No team is without holes.
[Reply]
tredadda 05:45 PM 10-29-2019
They signed Wilson and traded for Lee. They brought in House as their LBers coach. How do people think we did nothing to try and improve the position?
Because we don’t have prime LT, Ray Lewis, and DT as our starting linebackers and we didn’t trade for them for like 6th round picks.
[Reply]
Coogs 06:24 PM 10-29-2019
Wilson was a fricking beast at times Sunday. If he keeps coming on we got a steal there.
[Reply]
Coogs 06:43 PM 10-29-2019
Wilson was a fricking beast at times Sunday. If he keeps coming on we got a steal there.
[Reply]
Toad 07:10 PM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by Coogs:
I agree on both those last posts:-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:26 AM 10-30-2019
Veach makes move:
CP- Oh my god, I can't believe he gave up so much for that player! What the fuck! Fire Veach!

Veach doesn't make move:
CP-Oh my god, what is he doing? Fire Veach!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:31 AM 10-30-2019
What's that show, exactly?

That his value is LESS than a 1st and 2 seconds? Because nobody bit at their asking price.

If I refuse to take a job at less than $500K/yr and remain unemployed, all that does is establish that my value ISN'T $500K/yr. So all we've established is what Adams value isn't, not what it is.

Pretty stupid tweet.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:33 AM 10-30-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Veach makes move:
CP- Oh my god, I can't believe he gave up so much for that player! What the ****! Fire Veach!

Veach doesn't make move:
CP-Oh my god, what is he doing? Fire Veach!
Yup. That the life when you get paids millions by a franchise that has no titles in the last 50 years.
[Reply]
Mecca 07:34 AM 10-30-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
What's that show, exactly?

That his value is LESS than a 1st and 2 seconds? Because nobody bit at their asking price.

If I refuse to take a job at less than $500K/yr and remain unemployed, all that does is establish that my value ISN'T $500K/yr. So all we've established is what Adams value isn't, not what it is.

Pretty stupid tweet.
What it establishes is teams completely over value their own players to a stupid degree.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:47 AM 10-30-2019
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Yup. That the life when you get paids millions by a franchise that has no titles in the last 50 years.
So Veach is responsible for the last 50 years?

So far we have 1 and a half offseasons to judge him by.

2018's draft looks poor.
2019's draft looks very good.

Hitchens and Fuller? Meh.
Clark? so far, not great.
Watkins? good player, can't stay healthy.

FA/mid-season acquisitions: Ward, Breeland, Claiborne, Pennel, Ogbah, Okafor, Wilson, etc. Looks pretty good.

I'd say he's overpaid for some guys that haven't lived up to their hype. I'd say he's been very good working off the scrap-heap.

I'd give him an incomplete grade right now. Let's see what the next 8 games bring.
[Reply]
ChiefoftheKeyboard 09:21 AM 10-30-2019
They had signed Hitchens to a big deal the year prior. The knock on him and reason for his regression was hesitancy brought on by scheme. They prioritized upgrading the safety position - an absolute necessity - and re-tooled said scheme with Spags. This board was jerking off at the idea that House and Daly were *assistant* coaches. We signed Wilson and took a flyer on Lee in hopes of upgrading the position.

Please someone go back in time and tell me what we should've done. Let me guess: sign CJ Mosley? :-)
I liked the Damien wilson move and still think it was ok. I liked that we took a flyer on Lee for a 6 also and just bc he hasn’t played well doesn’t mean that was a bad move. I doubt we would’ve gotten much out of a 6th round pick. What I don’t like is us doubling down on hitchens contract with that restructure. I think we really need to look at LB in the 2020 draft and it needs to be early. Just wish we weren’t gonna have to still pay hitchens a lot of we can find better talent in the draft. Hopefully he starts playing better bc he is on pace to have less than 60 tackles and he has not looked good in coverage.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:40 AM 10-30-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
What it establishes is teams completely over value their own players to a stupid degree.
The flailing Redskins just saying "Nah, we're good here" instead of taking a 1st round pick for a guy they're probably gonna have to cut or deal for a 3rd in the offseason is just petty and bizarre.

And yeah, the Harris stuff and some of the other deals not made are just stupid.

I really feel for the sellers who were counting on Veach overpaying. Maybe it isn't that they were being unreasonable, it's just that they were all counting on the Brett Veach ship to come sailing in and paying exorbitant prices for guys who have never made a pro bowl. When Veach sat it out, the market for disgruntled players that wanted out of their present situations and want to be paid as though they're far better than they are simply fell apart.
[Reply]
Page 107 of 108
« First < 75797103104105106107 108 >
Up