ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 22
« First < 71314151617 18192021 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Lucas Niang opts out...
pugsnotdrugs19 07:46 AM 08-06-2020
https://twitter.com/tompelissero/sta...407051781?s=21

Damn.
[Reply]
Go Royals 08:49 AM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Are these new CP buzzwords? I haven't logged on much lately. Anyways LMK!!
Buzzwords or not - you seem nice.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:04 AM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Are these new CP buzzwords? I haven't logged on much lately. Anyways LMK!!
Coincidence.

And if I'm using anything Clay is, I should probably reconsider.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:37 AM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah, it's a loss of depth. But Niang was a huge question mark if only for health concerns. You can't pencil him in as any kind of clear upgrade, especially if Rankin manages to make it back in any kind of shape. And Osemele brings the same health issues that LDT did but with legitimate Pro Bowl upside that LDT didn't have.

Ultimately I just can't see any kind of support for the idea that the line is WORSE. We replaced LDT w/ a guy with the same floor and a higher ceiling. Niang was a wild card in his own right who would've essentially taken Wisniewki's roster spot. Okay, well we got Wiz off the street in week 6 - maybe that was more about the system than the player. The player himself was street free agent depth.

And if Fisher doesn't miss 9 weeks this year, the line will be HUGELY improved over last year, regardless of what else happens on the interior. Again - Cameron Erving took more snaps at LT last year than Eric Fisher did.

Yes, there's absolutely a path to this line being better than last year's line. All we need is a healthy Fisher and its essentially a lock. Losing a rookie (who had no camp and was coming off a serious injury) and a declining G doesn't change that.
I don't see how this OL is any better. If you are not improving you are going backwards.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:43 AM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
I don't see how this OL is any better. If you are not improving you are going backwards.

Oh.

I mean...that's certainly nonsense. So you do you, boo.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:56 AM 08-07-2020

:-)
[Reply]
RunKC 10:04 AM 08-07-2020

Fisher, Reiter and Schwartz are back.

LDT was struggling last year. Hard to think there is much of any disparity with Osemele.

Remmers=Erving. He might actually be better but for the sake of argument they’re equal.

Rankin was good when he played and 2nd year Allegretti>rookie Allegretti. Then you have Daryl Williams as a developmental player with potential.

Not seeing where we went backwards here
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:13 AM 08-07-2020
We didn't pay starting G money for Wisniewski, which was absolutely the right move. We'll likely see a downgrade at LG from where we were at in the playoffs.

But HUGE hit to our OL depth? Incoming catastrophe? A line made up of nothing but Cameron Ervings and Mike McGlynns? No. Not at all. For the most part, we're largely unchanged, and if we hit on any of these guards, we're just as good if not better than where we were last year.

We'll be fine.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:15 AM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Fisher, Reiter and Schwartz are back.

LDT was struggling last year. Hard to think there is much of any disparity with Osemele.

Remmers=Erving. He might actually be better but for the sake of argument they’re equal.

Rankin was good when he played and 2nd year Allegretti>rookie Allegretti. Then you have Daryl Williams as a developmental player with potential.

Not seeing where we went backwards here
Osemele is LG. Wylie will be RG.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:21 AM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Osemele is LG. Wylie will be RG.
A position he played at least as well as LDT did in 2018.

I think Wylie was really exposed by having to play alongside Erving last year. He's a fine complementary player and by playing next to Schwartz next season, I think we'll see a similar performance to what we got out of him in '18 and LDT in '19.

If Osemele and Fisher stay healthy (admittedly a major if for both guys after their injuries last season, but both guys had relatively strong health histories leading up to a major injury in '19), the line will absolutely be improved over what it was in '19.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 11:01 AM 08-07-2020
Is Niang the only rookie to opt out?
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 11:07 AM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
We didn't pay starting G money for Wisniewski, which was absolutely the right move. We'll likely see a downgrade at LG from where we were at in the playoffs.

But HUGE hit to our OL depth? Incoming catastrophe? A line made up of nothing but Cameron Ervings and Mike McGlynns? No. Not at all. For the most part, we're largely unchanged, and if we hit on any of these guards, we're just as good if not better than where we were last year.

We'll be fine.
I don't think you quite understand what the modus operandi is around here, n00b.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:20 AM 08-07-2020
As long as Schwartz and Fisher stay healthy, the Chiefs will be fine.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:40 AM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
My best guess right now is:

Fisher - Osemele - Reiter - Wylie - Schwartz

Remmers is your swing tackle. Rankin and Allegretti are your interior backups.

And we’ll keep 10 OL...maybe more so you’ve got other guys in there as well.

Is it the best offensive line out there? No. But we’ve got great OTs and Reid has shown the ability to find at least average starters on the interior.
Yikes I really hate the Reiter Wylie pairing it seemed to get Mahomes injured atleast 3 times last year.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:33 PM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Yikes I really hate the Reiter Wylie pairing it seemed to get Mahomes injured atleast 3 times last year.
Like DJ has pointed out though....that’s when Wylie was next to Erving. He should be better between Reiter and Schwartz.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:11 PM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
The line is fine. Watch more football
[Reply]
Page 17 of 22
« First < 71314151617 18192021 > Last »
Up