ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 56 of 140
« First < 6465253545556 5758596066106 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark to KC!
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:30 AM 04-23-2019

Sources: The #Seahawks and #Chiefs are deep in talks on a trade to send star Frank Clark to KC. The compensation would include a 1st rounder, a 2020 2nd rounder and a swap of mid-rounders. To complete it, the franchise tagged player and Chiefs must hammer out a deal.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2019

[Reply]
TambaBerry 02:56 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
The cap is going to accelerate dramatically with the new CBA. It's a non issue unless you're poor like Davis.

Fuller at 15m? :-)
The cap raising has no effect on anything, when cap rises player salaries rise. So percentage wise it's the same no matter what the cap is
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:56 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Well you see, just gotta hire Bill Belichick and you're set.
And get your QB to take less than he's worth.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 02:57 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Codered:
I think Clark is a damn good player. I just don't agree with everyone's dismissal of the 29th overall pick. You do realize Clark was drafted in the 2nd round, right? There is still value at 29th let's not go overboard.
And a lot of players have been drafted at 29 who didn't pan out.

There's value in certainty.

Would you rather have Joey Bosa or Nick Bosa on your team next year?
[Reply]
O.city 02:57 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
The Saints, who lack a first this year because they reached for a project 1st round DE?

The Rams, who gave a record contract to a RB with an arthritic knee, then overloaded on expensive DE, and had to cut Suh after one year?
They went after pass rushers.

Other than the Pats, who isn't?
[Reply]
staylor26 02:57 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
The cap raising has no effect on anything, when cap rises player salaries rise. So percentage wise it's the same no matter what the cap is
But these contracts will not look so bad relative to the contracts guys at those positions will be getting with a much bigger cap.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 02:57 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
You just have some hypothetical DE on the board at 29 that may not even be there, and is far, far from a sure thing.
You're assuming that I was standing pat. Nope. Of course I'm probably going to have to move one my #2's to get where I need to be. I mean, that's pretty much a given.

#1 DE

#2 CB

#3 C

And you're seriously going to sit here and tell me that FA activity just drops from the face of the earth after the draft? Come on man.

But you know what? I'm done talking about this. I hope we got a great player and I hope we can pick up at least one prospect who can out kick his own coverage. Maybe we should just trade all of our 4th, 5th, 6th shit too. Apparently those picks don't count either.
[Reply]
bigjosh 02:58 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
The problem isn't necessarily the player, it's the money.

Those first round picks are so cheap.
but they also have like a 18% chance of turning into a player like clark.

Even less than that way back at 29.
[Reply]
Codered 02:58 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
And a lot of players have been drafted at 29 who didn't pan out.

There's value in certainty.

Would you rather have Joey Bosa or Nick Bosa on your team next year?
No doubt, I had just seen a lot of people pointing out that it's a late first rounder. There is value there! Yes, you have to hit on that. That's what GM's are paid to do. However, that does not mean it's a bad trade or that Frank Clark isn't the right fit.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:58 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by loochy:
Oh wow, you actually like something that the Chiefs did!
Yeah, they actually made a move to get better.

Crazy huh?

Meanwhile many people on this board clamored for shit-fucks like Jerry Attaochu.

"Oh you're being soooo negative"

:-)
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 02:58 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Oh look....it's the "Patriots argument". The one that no other team can duplicate.

Look, it's the "I'm going to ignore the entire post and focus on a single sentence, which I'm not even disproving," argument.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 02:59 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
That's stupid. The cap rising means the big contract everyone lost their fucking mind over today is a bargain tomorrow. As long as the cap is rising at levels they're currently rising, the cap means fuck all until the growth finally flatlines.

These deals are very manageable to work with tomorrow is the thing.
[Reply]
Iconic 03:00 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Those guys aren't going to make those numbers in year one of their deals though.
And? Say you halve each of those numbers in year one, and you even lower Fuller's AAV to 12m. Where the bloody hell do you get the extra room when they become bloated numbers the following years? Clark doesn't have an out till after year 3. In that third year all these guys will be on contracts that reflect their actual AAV.

It's not going to get pretty and one of the big names is going to be the odd man out. An accelerated cap is not going to account for a 30-40m cap difference + raised salaries.

The way I see it we just traded a generational talent in Hill + picks for Clark.
[Reply]
Donger 03:00 PM 04-23-2019
A question about those complaining about the money:

It isn't your money, right? It's Hunt's? Or is he going to raise prices to pay for this?
[Reply]
kccrow 03:00 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
That may be, and that's for another discussion.

But they needed to do something to get BETTER. They did that today.
I do agree with the getting better part. I was fully on the trade up for a LDE wagon heading into the draft so I'm not at all disappointed they traded for Clark. Where I'm at with it is the money (not mine obviously) + the compensation. I was more on board with low money + the compensation. It'll work though. Clark is a very good player.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 03:00 PM 04-23-2019
2017 - draft Kpass in the 2nd, he fucking sucks
2018 - draft Speaks in the 2nd, he fucking sucks
2019 - panic because your last two 2nd round picks are already busts, add Okafor, Ogbah, and trade a 1st and a 2nd for Clark.

Glad we've invested a 1st and three 2nds for maybe one good DE
[Reply]
Page 56 of 140
« First < 6465253545556 5758596066106 > Last »
Up