ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 106 of 140
« First < 65696102103104105106 107108109110116 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark to KC!
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:30 AM 04-23-2019

Sources: The #Seahawks and #Chiefs are deep in talks on a trade to send star Frank Clark to KC. The compensation would include a 1st rounder, a 2020 2nd rounder and a swap of mid-rounders. To complete it, the franchise tagged player and Chiefs must hammer out a deal.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2019

[Reply]
TEX 08:18 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Mulliganman:
Direct and to the point. I like it. :-)
More like a broken record. :-)
[Reply]
prhom 08:18 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
I really need the chiefs to extend Schwartz though
Insert space balls gif here...
[Reply]
tmax63 08:18 AM 04-24-2019
You can find quality players in the 2nd round to groom for replacement. You don't find very many guys who move the odds for a Super Bowl win 3% and make you the favorite to win in the draft.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:18 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
This is all in your mind.
Most of his points on any subject are creations of the strange little world he lives in internally.
[Reply]
O.city 08:22 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
So we weren't in the hunt for Earl Thomas? There weren't tons of credible rumors that the Chiefs were talking trade trade trade at all spring meetings? You think we got the best deal possible for peters and Ford? You think we paid the right price for Watkins and Hitchens? You don't think we paid a huge price for Clark even if you like the trade? Even if you like the moves we made, is there a doubt that for the most part veach has only closed deals where we significantly overpay?
Were there any other teams bidding for their service?
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:23 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I'm slowly coming around on this trade, solely for the reason that Frank is a proven guy and we have an immediate Super Bowl window. I'm all about building for the long term, but it's been almost 50 years since the Chiefs were in a Super Bowl, so if we want to go all out this year, let's do it. I'm getting old.
Me too for sure - I DO wish we had a nasty middle LB though.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:24 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
So we weren't in the hunt for Earl Thomas? There weren't tons of credible rumors that the Chiefs were talking trade trade trade at all spring meetings? You think we got the best deal possible for peters and Ford? You think we paid the right price for Watkins and Hitchens? You don't think we paid a huge price for Clark even if you like the trade? Even if you like the moves we made, is there a doubt that for the most part veach has only closed deals where we significantly overpay?
Do you realize you are contradicting yourself here? We didn't get Earl Thomas because we got outbid but we only get players we overpay for?

Peters was worth a 2nd rounder. End of story.

Ford was worth a second rounder. End of story.

We didn't pay a huge price for Clark. It's been laid out for you repeatedly what the actual picks are equal to and I am guessing you cant even accurately lay out the trade compensation.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:24 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Or it's the move Veach had in mind all along. Who were you going to get earlier in free agency that is even close to Clark's level anyway?
Its not about Clark for a player like Landon Collins or trey flowers straight up. Would you trade Collins or flowers + a top 20 pick for Clark? That's the question many ask. Maybe it's the move we had in mind all along. Considering how credible sources said we were asking anyone and everyone for trades, I doubt that. I think we overpaid out of desperation because we've seemed to come short time and time again on other deals. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather overpay and swing for the fences. But even if you like the trade, which I mostly do, how can anyone not think we really overpaid.
[Reply]
O.city 08:25 AM 04-24-2019
They paid a huge price for Clark, a premium.

As Jerry jones says, "Premium things cost a premium".

If he's a fucking badass war daddy here and the d kicks ass, no one will give a shit. But they paid a lot.
[Reply]
tmax63 08:26 AM 04-24-2019
The only way you would know we didn't is if Ballard and the Colts were doing this trade instead of the Chiefs.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:26 AM 04-24-2019
:-)
[Reply]
O.city 08:27 AM 04-24-2019
If any of you listen to Middlekauf, he had some info on it.

The had the money earmarked for Hill, then his shit went down and they pivoted here. They're all in for a SB in the next 2/3 years and the were proactive once they got new info. At the time of the Flowers deals and such, they were in on Earl Thomas and Hill. Well, shit changed.
[Reply]
Eleazar 08:27 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Do you realize you are contradicting yourself here? We didn't get Earl Thomas because we got outbid but we only get players we overpay for?

Peters was worth a 2nd rounder. End of story.

Ford was worth a second rounder. End of story.

We didn't pay a huge price for Clark. It's been laid out for you repeatedly what the actual picks are equal to and I am guessing you cant even accurately lay out the trade compensation.
It's easy to go around complaining "we could have gotten more" because it's unfalsifiable. No one here knows what the competing offers were. But you still have to explain why Veach would take less than the best offer the market would bear, or why he would pay far more than the next best offer for someone. Makes no sense at all.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:29 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:

The had the money earmarked for Hill, then his shit went down and they pivoted here. They're all in for a SB in the next 2/3 years and the were proactive once they got new info. At the time of the Flowers deals and such, they were in on Earl Thomas and Hill. Well, shit changed.
Don’t love the thought of losing Hill at this expense. But if they are just hell bent on not extending him anymore or they at least want to prolong things with the tag, I’m glad they’re swinging big this season while Tyreek is still around.
[Reply]
Eleazar 08:30 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:

That makes the most sense to me. And they absolutely should not extend Hill unless he comes out of this domestic abuse situation looking pure as the driven snow.

We took a flyer on Hill, which has worked out well so far, but it was based on him having changed. If he's still got the same issues, or maybe worsening issues now since children are involved, and it's a matter of time until he gets himself into trouble again, let him walk.
[Reply]
Page 106 of 140
« First < 65696102103104105106 107108109110116 > Last »
Up