ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Is Pat following In Peyton's footsteps?
UChieffyBugger 01:22 AM 02-19-2020
It's well known that during his career Manning was famous for running his own offense and having free reign to audible before the snap..such was his high iq and vast study and knowledge of defenses. Well during the superbowl we saw a historic moment on that 3rd and 15, now known as the "wasp play", which sideline footage showed Pat calling for himself. Having been so right with his call, The question is will Pat start calling his own plays more often moving forward? And will Andy give him the license to do so? I think this will be the next big step In Pat's development tbh...Brady spoke about "having the answers to all the tests"...and this is the road Pat is walking on now.
[Reply]
Mahomes_Is_God 01:25 AM 02-19-2020
He's not following anyone's foot steps. He's carving his own MFing path.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 01:27 AM 02-19-2020
Pat is already better at this point in his career than fivehead ever was.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 01:27 AM 02-19-2020
Originally Posted by Mahomes_Is_God:
He's not following anyone's foot steps. He's carving his own MFing path.
How many other qb's you know did what Peyton did? It's a very unique thing.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:28 AM 02-19-2020
No. Peyton was a choke artist the majority of his career, Pat is already a champion.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 01:29 AM 02-19-2020
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Pat is already better at this point in his career than fivehead ever was.
Nothing to do with ability...it's about calling his own plays and running his own offense.
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 01:36 AM 02-19-2020
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Nothing to do with ability...it's about calling his own plays and running his own offense.
I get what you are saying and do expect Mahomes to evolve into that "field general" with time. But, it started long before Peyton Manning, John Unitas called his own plays way back when. Obviously Mahomes a far better athlete than those two.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 01:43 AM 02-19-2020
Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell:
I get what you are saying and do expect Mahomes to evolve into that "field general" with time. But, it started long before Peyton Manning, John Unitas called his own plays way back when.
Well firstly thanks for reading the OP properly!!!..yeah I haven't studied Unitas much but clearly him and Manning are In the minority right? Most QB's rely on their OC throughout their career but IF Pat reaches the stage where he's a field general then it's really gonna be incredible to watch. I think Rodgers has a little bit of that In him too.
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 01:54 AM 02-19-2020
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Well firstly thanks for reading the OP properly!!!..yeah I haven't studied Unitas much but clearly him and Manning are In the minority right? Most QB's rely on their OC throughout their career but IF Pat reaches the stage where he's a field general then it's really gonna be incredible to watch. I think Rodgers has a little bit of that In him too.
I expect to see Mahomes doing more next season when it comes to reading defenses and knowing how to deal with it. And as time goes on and experience we start seeing him more aware of the actual situation when he comes to the line. And his team getting more used to him changing things.
[Reply]
eDave 02:02 AM 02-19-2020
He seems to already be calling his own plays.
[Reply]
Simply Red 02:15 AM 02-19-2020
are you gay?
[Reply]
Mahomes_Is_God 02:18 AM 02-19-2020
He only needs to do it in crunch time. Andy is the best of the best at playcalling until it's time for the cheeseburgers to try and escape his body, which is usually the 4th quarter. Pat will call his own shots when he needs to. We have arguably the best coaching staff in the NFL right now.
[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 02:52 AM 02-19-2020
one SB win with a talented mobile QB.
will he be worth anything as he ages? will he reach 4 SBs?
probably not.
[Reply]
carcosa 02:55 AM 02-19-2020
Originally Posted by CarlosCarson88:
probably not.
kill yourself
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 03:00 AM 02-19-2020
Originally Posted by CarlosCarson88:
probably not.
Once in awhile somebody comes a long who is just different, unique, ya know....

Elvis
Cassius Clay
The Beatles
Frank Sinatra

etc...

All an original a never seen before or after talent. We have that with this kid and it's real easy to see, this is without question the most talented/gifted QB we have ever seen, now obviously talking SB's is a team thing so there is more to it than just a QB.

I have seen people with a lost for words over his talent, seen......ah....well.....amazing, simply something else. I have never seen anyone like him before and I've seen them all since Johnny U. It really is similiar to.....

[Reply]
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Up