ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Drew Brees to play next year
St. Patty's Fire 12:35 PM 02-18-2020

QB Drew Brees announced he will return for the 2020 season.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) February 18, 2020

[Reply]
ChiTown 03:16 PM 02-18-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Does Sean Payton actually seriously believe that Taysom Hill is an NFL starting QB whenever Brees actually does decide to hang things up?

I heard multiple reports/tweets from when Brees was mulling retirement that the Saints would just move along with their longterm plan at QB, which is Hill.

So your 40+ year old starting QB goes down with an injury, and you've got the supposed future of the franchise sitting right there on the bench, but you roll with Bridgewater instead, who you're just going to let walk and/or trade the following season? Explain to me how your weird toolsy trick play H-back is getting preparation and experience for a starting job by never running the offense in a real game from play-to-play. And explain to me how that guy is the future when he's almost 30 years old and he's taken plenty of hits/injuries already from his time playing that weird trick play role you have him in.

I get Bridgewater is ahead of Hill in terms of QB skills, and your team has Super Bowl aspirations, but do you REALLY think Hill is going to be better than game manager level as a starter in this league at his current age? If he's not better than Bridgewater now, is he ever going to be better than him? And if he is, then why didn't you plug him in as the starter and keep Bridgewater on the bench?

The whole thing seems very idiotic.
Taysom Hill is a great gadget player, and I'd love to have him on my team. But, would I want him as my starting QB in the NFL? Hard nope.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:17 PM 02-18-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Does Sean Payton actually seriously believe that Taysom Hill is an NFL starting QB whenever Brees actually does decide to hang things up?

I heard multiple reports/tweets from when Brees was mulling retirement that the Saints would just move along with their longterm plan at QB, which is Hill.

So your 40+ year old starting QB goes down with an injury, and you've got the supposed future of the franchise sitting right there on the bench, but you roll with Bridgewater instead, who you're just going to let walk and/or trade the following season? Explain to me how your weird toolsy trick play H-back is getting preparation and experience for a starting job by never running the offense in a real game from play-to-play. And explain to me how that guy is the future when he's almost 30 years old and he's taken plenty of hits/injuries already from his time playing that weird trick play role you have him in.

I get Bridgewater is ahead of Hill in terms of QB skills, and your team has Super Bowl aspirations, but do you REALLY think Hill is going to be better than game manager level as a starter in this league at his current age? If he's not better than Bridgewater now, is he ever going to be better than him? And if he is, then why didn't you plug him in as the starter and keep Bridgewater on the bench?

The whole thing seems very idiotic.
Watch the videos of Hill playing QB in college...he sucks ass at actually playing the position.

The Saints are about to get wrecked, they are worse off money wise than we are with a bunch of key dudes being FAs.
[Reply]
notorious 03:22 PM 02-18-2020
Hill is 30, and hardly a NFL QB.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:23 PM 02-18-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
Hill is 30, and hardly a NFL QB.
That stuff with him is probably the biggest joke ever, when did he go from gadget guy to thinking he can play QB?
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:24 PM 02-18-2020
I haven't been paying attention. Would he go back to the Saints, or would he wander the earth looking for some desperate clueless team to sign him like Brady's going to do?

(I guess that's not fair to Brees. He can still play, whereas Brady is a hollow husk.)
[Reply]
dannybcaitlyn 03:33 PM 02-18-2020
I’m sure that’s going to be a prime time game for us in New Orleans!
[Reply]
Frazod 03:38 PM 02-18-2020
You could see it in his eyes when he was doing that Super Bowl thing with Montana and Favre.
[Reply]
Mahomes_Is_God 03:49 PM 02-18-2020
Mahomes vs Brees will be cool. Sorta kinda makes up for us never getting to see Mahomes vs Rodgers.
[Reply]
JakeF 03:49 PM 02-18-2020
Is he going back to New Orleans or just back to the NFL?
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 04:33 PM 02-18-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Watch the videos of Hill playing QB in college...he sucks ass at actually playing the position.

The Saints are about to get wrecked, they are worse off money wise than we are with a bunch of key dudes being FAs.
If Mahomes plays at a relatively high level until age 40 and then the team has to go through cap hell and a full rebuild afterwards...

Sign me up.
[Reply]
Frazod 04:41 PM 02-18-2020
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Is he going back to New Orleans or just back to the NFL?
I was just thinking it would be funny if he ended up going back to the Chargers, but then it occurred to me that I really wouldn't like that very much.
[Reply]
notorious 04:55 PM 02-18-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
You could see it in his eyes when he was doing that Super Bowl thing with Montana and Favre.
Yessir.
[Reply]
DRM08 05:07 PM 02-18-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Brees yardage stats have decreased for 3 straight years. If he stays healthy though, he will end up with over 80,000 yards in his career.

Mahomes is going to have to play a lot of years to break that record.
Patrick has said ever since he got drafted that he doesn’t give a damn about stats. He had a bunch of nice stats at Tech and got nothing out of it besides a bunch of shootout losses. I am guessing his feeling is even stronger right now about stats compared to winning.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 05:13 PM 02-18-2020
Yeah, I wonder which award Mahomes enjoyed winning more - the league MVP or the Super Bowl MVP...
[Reply]
kcclone 07:39 PM 02-18-2020
I love the fact that there are so many aging QB’s out there, and meanwhile we have a 24 year old MVP QB with one ring already.

The future looks bright boys
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up