ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Drew Brees to play next year
St. Patty's Fire 12:35 PM 02-18-2020

QB Drew Brees announced he will return for the 2020 season.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) February 18, 2020

[Reply]
wachashi 12:36 PM 02-18-2020
Good. More competition in the NFC.
[Reply]
Msmith 12:40 PM 02-18-2020
He is like a setting sun. The team will not go far. They lost three straight at the Dome.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 12:41 PM 02-18-2020
Yay! I guess.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 12:42 PM 02-18-2020
Awesome!

Another stat padding year only to end In playoff disappointment!
[Reply]
Halfcan 12:45 PM 02-18-2020
This means Brady will play too. These two guys want to end up with all the records. It is all about ego now. The injury risk at their age has to be pretty high.

Are they going to play into their 50's?
[Reply]
Frosty 12:48 PM 02-18-2020
Brees missed something like five games last year and his arm still looked completely gone by the play-offs. He was awful vs the Vikings.
[Reply]
underEJ 12:49 PM 02-18-2020
I watched the super bowl thing with him, Montana and Favre and he was not ready to let go. This doesn't surprise me at all.
[Reply]
Halfcan 12:50 PM 02-18-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Awesome!

Brees yardage stats have decreased for 3 straight years. If he stays healthy though, he will end up with over 80,000 yards in his career.

Mahomes is going to have to play a lot of years to break that record.
[Reply]
Halfcan 12:57 PM 02-18-2020
Originally Posted by Frosty:
Brees missed something like five games last year and his arm still looked completely gone by the play-offs. He was awful vs the Vikings.
Brady's stats have declined for the last 3 years. I bet he was really hoping Brees would retire so he could hang on for one last mediocre year and have all the records. Now he will most likely have to play 2- 3 more years if Brees stays healthy.

Brees will end up with all the regular-season records and Brady will have most every SB record.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 12:57 PM 02-18-2020
I hope he plays for the cHargers!
[Reply]
Hoover 12:58 PM 02-18-2020
Originally Posted by wachashi:
Good. More competition in the NFC.
Exactly this.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 12:59 PM 02-18-2020
Game at Saints next year will be fun.

Likely Sunday Night Football.
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:03 PM 02-18-2020
Does Sean Payton actually seriously believe that Taysom Hill is an NFL starting QB whenever Brees actually does decide to hang things up?

I heard multiple reports/tweets from when Brees was mulling retirement that the Saints would just move along with their longterm plan at QB, which is Hill.

So your 40+ year old starting QB goes down with an injury, and you've got the supposed future of the franchise sitting right there on the bench, but you roll with Bridgewater instead, who you're just going to let walk and/or trade the following season? Explain to me how your weird toolsy trick play H-back is getting preparation and experience for a starting job by never running the offense in a real game from play-to-play. And explain to me how that guy is the future when he's almost 30 years old and he's taken plenty of hits/injuries already from his time playing that weird trick play role you have him in.

I get Bridgewater is ahead of Hill in terms of QB skills, and your team has Super Bowl aspirations, but do you REALLY think Hill is going to be better than game manager level as a starter in this league at his current age? If he's not better than Bridgewater now, is he ever going to be better than him? And if he is, then why didn't you plug him in as the starter and keep Bridgewater on the bench?

The whole thing seems very idiotic.
[Reply]
Mennonite 03:15 PM 02-18-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Awesome!

This.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up