ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 62 of 791
« First < 12525859606162 6364656672112162562 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:45 PM 02-21-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Is he one of the guys booted from the combine?
yes. There was some kind of minor NCAA violation. I don't remember exactly but it wasn't bad.

So I think he'll drop into the 2nd.
[Reply]
Buckweath 12:45 PM 02-21-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:

That's perfectly fine. I'm sure Houston can find a great deal on the market. Best of luck to him.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 12:47 PM 02-21-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Yeah. Because he's going to cost 15 million a year like those guys. :-) he's the exact kind of guy we should be taking fliers on. Cheap
For sure you get him cheap.

Asking Ray to play regular defensive snaps is a farce though. Injured all the time. You don’t replace a Houston or Ford with a rotational pass rusher.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:48 PM 02-21-2019

Bye Houston.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:48 PM 02-21-2019
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
That's perfectly fine. I'm sure Houston can find a great deal on the market. Best of luck to him.
As much as that stance irritates me, I honestly would rather eat the $21 and play Houston, tag and trade Ford and draft Houston's replacement with the low #1 or high #2 you'd get for Ford.

It's going to be a difference of like $4 million. and I think Houston's a better all around player. Then you can cut Houston in 2020 if the draftee looks ready to carry the load. You're better set up for the future.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:48 PM 02-21-2019

Pretty much what we all expected.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:48 PM 02-21-2019

Yup. I’d do the same thing if I were him.
[Reply]
Buckweath 12:51 PM 02-21-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
As much as that stance irritates me, I honestly would rather eat the $21 and play Houston, tag and trade Ford and draft Houston's replacement with the low #1 or high #2 you'd get for Ford.

It's going to be a difference of like $4 million. and I think Houston's a better all around player.
My hope was tag Ford and not trade him and keep Houston with a paycut. I'm good with Houston being released though.

I never liked that big contract that he got so if he is still going to ask for more guaranteed or anything, he can leave and thank you for everything.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:53 PM 02-21-2019
Houston and his friend Berry can GTFO.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:53 PM 02-21-2019
Tagging Ford and not trading him is exactly the wrong thing to do.

For all of the angst and ire around here about Berry and Houston, guess who the last 2 Chiefs players to play under the franchise tag were...

Oh that's right, Berry and Houston.

He's either worth keeping or he's not. If he's worth keeping, sign him. If his not, tag him and trade him.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:54 PM 02-21-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

For all of the angst and ire around here about Berry and Houston, guess who the last 2 Chiefs players to play under the franchise tag were...

He's either worth keeping or he's not. If he's worth keeping, sign him. If his not, tag him and trade him.
Or just let him walk.
[Reply]
O.city 12:54 PM 02-21-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

Did Houston actually play under the tag? I thought they tagged him but ended up getting a deal done.

The problem with that is signing them after tagging them. Tag them, play them then let them walk or sign them. Don't tag then sign.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:54 PM 02-21-2019
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
My hope was tag Ford and not trade him and keep Houston with a paycut. I'm good with Houston being released though.

I never liked that big contract that he got so if he is still going to ask for more guaranteed or anything, he can leave and thank you for everything.

there was never a realistic scenario in which you could get Houston's number down far enough to keep both and do anything else at all of any significance in free agency. Like literally nothing.

They would also play the same position; so you'd only get them both on the field in nickel. So you'd be paying Houston to play 60% of the snaps. Or Ford. Either way, you'd only get them both 60% of the time.
[Reply]
O.city 12:55 PM 02-21-2019
Looked it up, they tagged him then signed him that same offseason.

IIRC, the player before that to be tagged was Albert the year they drafted Fisher.
[Reply]
Skyy God 12:56 PM 02-21-2019

Aging big money vet refuses to take pay cut, part eleventybillion.
[Reply]
Page 62 of 791
« First < 12525859606162 6364656672112162562 > Last »
Up