ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 60 of 791
« First < 10505657585960 6162636470110160560 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
RunKC 12:13 PM 02-21-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Signing someone else to a 4-year deal is going to not only be doable, it will be SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper in 2019 than Dee Ford will be. Without the injury risk, too.
You’re just pushing the can down the road when Tyreek, Jones and Pat are making big money to wreck our cap.

Idk who you have in mind, but anyone that’s not old and is actually talented is going to cost a shitload.

I think that’s why we need to draft a pass rusher in the first rd for insurance. Great year to do it with the depth of this class.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:15 PM 02-21-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
You’re just pushing the can down the road when Tyreek, Jones and Pat are making big money to wreck our cap.

Idk who you have in mind, but anyone that’s not old and is actually talented is going to cost a shitload.

I think that’s why we need to draft a pass rusher in the first rd for insurance. Great year to do it with the depth of this class.
With the money you're paying Ford, you could get Landon Collins AND a CB in FA, draft an edge rusher, and still have draft picks for more CBs and a safety.

If they REALLY want to keep Ford, tagging him is dumb. He's just going to get a year older. If they don't trust him to stay healthy enough to give him a contract, why tag him? It makes absolutely no sense.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:18 PM 02-21-2019

What 1st round edge rushers do you like that should be available at 29?

I feel like there’s no way that’s BPA from what I’ve seen. I’m not a huge fan of Ferguson at all and he’s the only one that’s in that range.

I think we should add another interior pass rusher for that. Your edge rushers don’t have to be great if you have 2 guys like Jones.
[Reply]
O.city 12:20 PM 02-21-2019
I think you probably look for some developmental guys that could take a year behind these current guys and play more next year when looking for a pass rusher.

Or sign a guy to a small deal that could develop.
[Reply]
Toad 12:24 PM 02-21-2019
Great discussion on DE.

IMHO, it boils down to risk aversion. The Ford and Houston injury risk argument is a certainly there AND the “bird in the hand” thing is also there.

Personally, I just think the bigger risk is letting both walk. Edge rushers simply don’t fall out of trees. And yes, if Ford or Houston fell out of that proverbial tree, they would probably get hurt...

That said, the pick(s) from a Ford tag and trade would be attractive.
[Reply]
SAUTO 12:24 PM 02-21-2019
I think you throw numbers at the position. CB too.

Sign shane ray if he's cheap, draft at least one in the first 2 rounds would probably be a decent start
[Reply]
O.city 12:26 PM 02-21-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:

Sign shane ray if he's cheap, draft at least one in the first 2 rounds would probably be a decent start
Problem is, they have been throwing numbers at it. Kpass and Speaks are supposed to be those guys.

At some point, they're gonna have to contribute.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:26 PM 02-21-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I think we should add another interior pass rusher for that. Your edge rushers don’t have to be great if you have 2 guys like Jones.
Then we don't need Dee Ford. Brilliant! :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:27 PM 02-21-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Problem is, they have been throwing numbers at it. Kpass and Speaks are supposed to be those guys.

Hard for them to play if they won't let go of the guys in front of them and just keep paying them big money instead.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:27 PM 02-21-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Then we don't need Dee Ford. Brilliant! :-)
Yea after 2019 :-)
[Reply]
O.city 12:28 PM 02-21-2019
https://overthecap.com/projecting-20...ng-in-the-nfl/

So this says after rookies the Chiefs should have about 26 mil in cap space with about 55 in cash. What the hell does that mean?
[Reply]
O.city 12:29 PM 02-21-2019
Some teams are going to have to trim some good players to make space. That's where you could pounce
[Reply]
SAUTO 12:31 PM 02-21-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:

Well maybe now that they are going to get to play in a defense that fits them they will...
[Reply]
Chief Northman 12:32 PM 02-21-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:

Half the thread are posts griping about Ford/Houston’s durability and you want to acquire Shane Ray?

JFC.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 12:33 PM 02-21-2019

I would kick Jones contract extension until next offseason. He needs to prove he can be just as disruptive in the new defensive scheme.
The offense isn't going to change so we should go ahead and do Hills deal now.
[Reply]
Page 60 of 791
« First < 10505657585960 6162636470110160560 > Last »
Up