ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 158 of 791
« First < 58108148154155156157158 159160161162168208258658 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
O.city 10:00 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
No just no...I'm not advocating for Bell but Williams isn't anywhere near him in any category, come on.
Catching the ball out of the backfield? Sure he is. He's not as good, but he's a really good player.

Plus he's making peanuts. So you're getting 85% of what you'd get out of Bell for 10% of the cost.

Bell sat out a year turning down 14 million dollars. He's not signing a 1 year deal for 8 million.

I would imagine the price point starts at what Gurley got. If the Chiefs do that, they deserve what they get.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 10:00 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Red Dawg hates the idea so it looks like it is ****Official****

Chiefs are getting Bell.
Would be so stupid. The long clock killing drives will continue. We just need Mahomes to throw 55 tds this time.
[Reply]
In58men 10:01 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
So this idea crossed my mind, what if Bell signs here for a 1 year deal 8-11 Million.
I feel like if we do that, we’re just trying to buy the Super Bowl. I don’t want to create a dynasty team that lasts one season. Damien Williams and a 3rd round rookie will be fine.

Williams balled out, don’t forget.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:02 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by In58men:
I feel like if we do that, we’re just trying to buy the Super Bowl. I don’t want to create a dynasty team that lasts one season. Damien Williams and a 3rd round rookie will be fine.

Williams balled out, don’t forget.
Oh I hate the money idea, but I don't care if we buy a super bowl XD
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:03 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Thing with the pass catching though is, Damien Williams is already pretty similar. He's damn near just that good for a lot less money.

I don't think theres anyway it happens.
Also, in the 1/4 to 1/3 season that Damien had as the feature back last year, he averaged 5.1 ypc.

EVEN IF Bell were to come here and ball out, nobody's going to run for significantly more than that. That's a stellar ypc, and Damien's an excellent receiver as well.

So you'd be paying all that money for what would be marginally better (maybe, statistically doubtful) production in an already world-class offense when your defense is #31 and in serious need of talent infusion.

It's just irresponsible. Bell doesn't make much of a difference. Look at the numbers.

Take the names out of the equation. RB #1: 4.3 ypc. RB #2: 5.1 ypc. Both good receivers. Why would you spend $10 million a year on RB #1 when you already have RB #2 under contract? It makes no sense.
[Reply]
New World Order 10:04 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
So this idea crossed my mind, what if Bell signs here for a 1 year deal 8-11 Million.
Would love it, but I doubt he'd do that.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:05 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
That's a fair assessment.

I'm just not paying any RB huge money, especially not in Reid's system, when Reid ALWAYS finds guys that produce.
IF they do sign him, it won't be to give him 320 carries straight up the middle. It will be to add another weapon in the passing game.

Williams and Bell in the backfield, defense shifts to stop the run- then Mahomes changes the play and Bell lines up as a slot receiver.

How do you stop that?
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:05 AM 03-07-2019
Also, in the 1/4 to 1/3 season that Damien had as the feature back last year, he averaged 5.1 ypc.

EVEN IF Bell were to come here and ball out, nobody's going to run for significantly more than that. That's a stellar ypc, and Damien's an excellent receiver as well.

So you'd be paying all that money for what would be marginally better (maybe, statistically doubtful) production in an already world-class offense when your defense is #31 and in serious need of talent infusion.

It's just irresponsible. Bell doesn't make much of a difference. Look at the numbers.

Take the names out of the equation. RB #1: 4.3 ypc. RB #2: 5.1 ypc. Both good receivers. Why would you spend $10 million a year on RB #1 when you already have RB #2 under contract? It makes no sense.
I mean the sample size is really small, and one injury away from not knowing. Do you guys remember this guy named Spencer Ware?
[Reply]
O.city 10:05 AM 03-07-2019
Bell just sat out a season because he didn't want to play on a single year deal for 14 mil, but he's going to sign here for one year and 10 million?

That make sense to anyone?
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:06 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
IF they do sign him, it won't be to give him 320 carries straight up the middle. It will be to add another weapon in the passing game.

Williams and Bell in the backfield, defense shifts to stop the run- then Mahomes changes the play and Bell lines up as a slot receiver.

How do you stop that?
You don't, and minus teams that have two probowl MLB's you can't....
[Reply]
RunKC 10:06 AM 03-07-2019
I wonder if Veach is trying to pull a Rams and just go all in every way possible? We were so close last year and that was with a terrible defense.

I don’t mind if Veach signs Bell or Collins. I don’t mind if he signs both, as long as he structures the contract correctly. The only player on this team that should get a contract longer than 4 years is Patrick Lavon Mahomes II.

We’ve probably got 3 more years before Pat has a cap hit of 30+million. It’s obviously going to be very backloaded with a metric fuck ton of guarantees up front. So I can see why Veach would want to do this now so he can walk away from these deals when Mahomes contract really starts kicking in.

We also have the draft to find replacements for guys like Kendall Fuller, who IMO will not be extended if we are going to throw money at Landon Collins.
[Reply]
O.city 10:06 AM 03-07-2019
Look at the running backs Andy has had here in KC and where he's gotten them.

They can be found anywhere. Literally.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:07 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Bell just sat out a season because he didn't want to play on a single year deal for 14 mil, but he's going to sign here for one year and 10 million?

That make sense to anyone?
Maybe, however AB also wants out of PITT for "reasons".

Like I said, it was just a thought. The reasoning would be to drive up his value after a season off.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:10 AM 03-07-2019

What if Williams gets hurt? Then you have Bell.

Our running game was not that great after Hunt left. Williams had nice yards because teams were playing back to stop the passing game. He was not dominating games the way Bell can. When we need short yardage to convert 3rd downs- he failed.

3rd and short was a problem last year- especially in the first half of the Pats games. Bell has the Marcus Allen clutch gene in getting those yards.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:11 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I wonder if Veach is trying to pull a Rams and just go all in every way possible? We were so close last year and that was with a terrible defense.

I don’t mind if Veach signs Bell or Collins. I don’t mind if he signs both, as long as he structures the contract correctly. The only player on this team that should get a contract longer than 4 years is Patrick Lavon Mahomes II.

We’ve probably got 3 more years before Pat has a cap hit of 30+million. It’s obviously going to be very backloaded with a metric **** ton of guarantees up front. So I can see why Veach would want to do this now so he can walk away from these deals when Mahomes contract really starts kicking in.

We also have the draft to find replacements for guys like Kendall Fuller, who IMO will not be extended if we are going to throw money at Landon Collins.
Bell would be a mis-allocation of funds, by any reasonable measure. It's impossible to get $10 plus worth of production differential between Bell and Williams. More like $14 million at least is what Bell's looking for. It's just not possible.

Any and all FA resources need to go to the defense first, they were the historically bad unit.
[Reply]
Page 158 of 791
« First < 58108148154155156157158 159160161162168208258658 > Last »
Up