ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 318 of 3903
« First < 218268308314315316317318 3193203213223283684188181318 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
SupDock 12:42 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Turn on the news....tell me they aren't.

OMG, we gotta distance
OMG, we gotta shut down travel
OMG, we gotta shut down businesses
OMG, we gotta shut down schools
OMG, OMG, OMG
Still waiting for an example.
[Reply]
petegz28 12:42 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Stop watching CNN.
Dude it's all of the. CNN, Fox, you name it. The media has scared the government officials into overreaction to a degree if you ask me.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:43 PM 03-16-2020
Idris Elba got it

This morning I tested positive for Covid 19. I feel ok, I have no symptoms so far but have been isolated since I found out about my possible exposure to the virus. Stay home people and be pragmatic. I will keep you updated on how I’m doing �������� No panic. pic.twitter.com/Lg7HVMZglZ

— Idris Elba (@idriselba) March 16, 2020

[Reply]
petegz28 12:43 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
Still waiting for an example.
Maybe you don't see and hear so well in that plastic bubble.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 12:43 PM 03-16-2020
Turn on the news....tell me they aren't.

OMG, we gotta distance
OMG, we gotta shut down travel
OMG, we gotta shut down businesses
OMG, we gotta shut down schools
OMG, OMG, OMG
That's called being cautious and trying to stop the spread of a virus that hospitals are not prepared to treat. Failing to see how this makes it seem like anyone who gets it will end up dead?
[Reply]
DaFace 12:44 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by jjjayb:
Sure would have made a heck of a lot more sense than all this nonsense. Can anyone tell me why we're having this reaction to Covid-19 but were so chill with the more deadly swine flu a few years ago?
Swine flu had nowhere near the case fatality rate that COVID-19 has thus far. The former was 0.02%. Thus far, COVID-19 appears to be 0.5% at an absolute minimum (25 times higher), and in some places, it's more like 3-5%.
[Reply]
petegz28 12:44 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
That's called being cautious and trying to stop the spread of a virus that hospitals are not prepared to treat. Failing to see how this makes it seem like anyone who gets it will end up dead?
Being cautious? Have you seen how people are acting? I mean we cant get TP, baby wipes or lysol because people are being "cautious"......
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:45 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Furthermore, every movie in theaters should be put on demand. I really want to see BEN AFFLECK IS...DRUNK BASKETBALL COACH.
The entertainment business is shutting down.

Production on Marvel TV shows for Disney+, Netflix, Amazon, FX along with ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox have all stopped production on their programs.

Disney+ moved up their release of Frozen 2 by three months and released the latest Star Wars film early. FF9 was postponed for a year and the new Bond movies shifted to November. Other "Tentpole" films will likely be delayed this summer.

I don't think you'll see a PPV option for movies that were schedule to released in the next few months but if this drags on to the Fall, we might see the release mechanism changed.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 12:45 PM 03-16-2020
So..... Unconfirmed reports of Entire Border shut down this week, and Houston Curfew.

Thank god I just got done building my new AR.
[Reply]
tk13 12:46 PM 03-16-2020
Dude it's all of the. CNN, Fox, you name it. The media has scared the government officials into overreaction to a degree if you ask me.
That ain't how it works. The more likely answer is the government officials have told the media how bad this could get. The government isn't going to take drastic measures and businesses aren't going to shut down if they don't know their bottom line is seriously at risk.
[Reply]
jjjayb 12:46 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
I mean, I understand but other countries have drive-thru tests and hopefully they are fast-tracking that development. The idea that there are hundreds of thousands of infected people who haven't shown symptoms yet walking around and spreading this is what is putting the world on lock-down.

Here's a thread, political opinions within are not my own.

Go figure. Someone who had the Wuhan Flu and recovered just fine. Just like 99% of the rest of the people who have it. If there are hundreds of thousands of people walking around with this right now, I would say that's great news. It shows it's not near as dangerous as we're acting.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 12:47 PM 03-16-2020

BREAKING: Universal Pictures is making some of its current film releases available on demand starting this week.

That includes The Invisible Man and The Hunt, which will be available on Apple, Amazon and other on demand services starting Friday for $19.99.

— Frank Pallotta (@frankpallotta) March 16, 2020

[Reply]
jjjayb 12:47 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Swine flu had nowhere near the case fatality rate that COVID-19 has thus far. The former was 0.02%. Thus far, COVID-19 appears to be 0.5% at an absolute minimum (25 times higher), and in some places, it's more like 3-5%.
But unlike Wuhan, the Swine flu killed healthy people.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 12:48 PM 03-16-2020
Being cautious? Have you seen how people are acting? I mean we cant get TP, baby wipes or lysol because people are being "cautious"......
That's not the media making it seem like if someone gets the virus they are going to die that's people's choice to do that.

The media has not made it seem like anyone who gets this will die. Quite the opposite actually so stop with your exaggeration.
[Reply]
petegz28 12:48 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The entertainment business is shutting down.

Production on Marvel TV shows for Disney+, Netflix, Amazon, FX along with ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox have all stopped production on their programs.

Disney+ moved up their release of Frozen 2 by three months and released the latest Star Wars film early. FF9 was postponed for a year and the new Bond movies shifted to November. Other "Tentpole" films will likely be delayed this summer.

I don't think you'll see a PPV option for movies that were schedule to released in the next few months but if this drags on to the Fall, we might see the release mechanism changed.

All the shutting down is good but a lot of people are going to be losing jobs. I hope to hell the Fed Gov is stepping in so people don't get utilities shut off, credit reports ruined, etc., etc.
[Reply]
Page 318 of 3903
« First < 218268308314315316317318 3193203213223283684188181318 > Last »
Up