Page 13 of 17
« First < 3910111213 14151617 >
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2018 Winter Olympic Games Tread ***
GloryDayz 06:48 PM 02-08-2018
Let's do this...
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 12:17 PM 02-20-2018
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
The last 2 nights of ice dancing was pretty good.

Gold and silver were both amazing

They were sublime and fabulous.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 03:49 PM 02-20-2018
Hopefully Lindsey Vonn tucks those floppy meat curtains in tight before her run tonight. The downhill is all about aerodynamics.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:45 PM 02-20-2018
Kan sumeone plaze poast Lindsey Vonn noodes?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:04 PM 02-20-2018
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
The last 2 nights of ice dancing was pretty good.

Gold and silver were both amazing
Those Canadians are simply awesome... Wow!
[Reply]
DanT 07:16 PM 02-20-2018
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4:
No medals for the Republic of Ireland, again.:-)
My beloved mom was from Ireland...eastern County Galway, near the border with County Roscommon I asked her once during a Winter Olympics whether she was watching them. She said,

"Naah...The Irish don't really get into that sort of [thing] (ed. note: I sorta think she said a word that rhymes with "hit" in place of thing.). It would be one thing if you could show up on the day of the race and be able to compete, but if something takes too much time to prepare, then that makes it hard to do all of the other things you gotta do. It's better to be able to take care of a lot of things and to spend too much time on any one thing."

It was funny to hear, because in America we tend to celebrate the single-minded pursuit of excellence. She definitely thought differently. Speaking of America, she would always tack on "in the Free World" whenever she said our country's name..."in the United States of America in the Free World", like it was an inside joke or something about all the news people and politicians who were ostentatious about their patriotism.
[Reply]
Why Not? 11:47 PM 02-20-2018
USA men's hockey with a noble effort but just not good enough. Bad on the PP and every shootout shooter took the same shot, just different sides.
[Reply]
chiefs1111 11:50 PM 02-20-2018
Wow what awful shots in that shootout.
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 11:56 PM 02-20-2018
Originally Posted by chiefs1111:
Wow what awful shots in that shootout.
Totally. No shots on the power plays, just a crappy substitute for what should have been.

If the NHL was playing, I would have taken us to win the gold, even against Canada's best.

That shootout was the epitome of USA Hockey, honestly.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 12:00 AM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
USA men's hockey with a noble effort but just not good enough. Bad on the PP and every shootout shooter took the same shot, just different sides.
Those PP freezes will be replayed in their heads for a long time. For five people to freeze like that is epic.

Wow, just sucks!
[Reply]
GloryDayz 12:03 AM 02-21-2018
With the penalties he took, I'd have put Greenway on the fifth shot. Greenway is a one of the reasons we were gassed for a lot of this game. I get playing hard, but that guy had some epically stupid penalties that drained energy from the team.
[Reply]
Why Not? 12:04 AM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
With the penalties he took, I'd have put Greenway on the fifth shot. Greenway is a one of the reasons we were gassed for a lot of this game. I get playing hard, but that guy had some epically stupid penalties that drained energy from the team.
He was awful. Totally not ready for the big stage.
[Reply]
Why Not? 12:05 AM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Those PP freezes will be replayed in their heads for a long time. For five people to freeze like that is epic.

Wow, just sucks!
It was so bad I was wishing we could decline penalties.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:07 AM 02-21-2018
Russian chicks set all time ice skating short program records

(Insert joke about "collusion" and "bots" if you dare)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 12:24 AM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
It was so bad I was wishing we could decline penalties.
We fucking killed our own fucking PPs. Mind blowing.

I'd say "get um next time", but there is no next time now.

But credit to their goalie, as a hockey coach and goalie dad, that was a clinic. My son and I replayed all those saves in slow motion and he took notes. Lots for him to practice tomorrow night. Ha...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Coach 11:05 PM 02-21-2018
Just sucks that we have to see the Skiing crap on the "Primetime" NBC where the women's hockey (who is battling for gold, and two great teams) is delegated to an afterthought show.

NBC sucks cawk.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 17
« First < 3910111213 14151617 >
Up