ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 65 of 207
« First < 15556162636465 6667686975115165 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Any Bourbon drinkers out there?
The Poz 01:04 PM 06-19-2008
I've heard some good things about Buffalo Trace Bourbon.
http://www.buffalotrace.com/

Can't get it up here north of the border but, through a wine distributer I am able to order a case. Would like to hear from someone who knows their stuff and has tried it before I order.

Thanks
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 07:38 PM 03-25-2018
Originally Posted by lewdog:
If anyone here can locate a Blanton’s with dumped on date of 1-23-18, I’ll pay you more than it’s worth.

Xoxo
Lewdog
I’ll keep an eye out here
[Reply]
O.city 07:47 PM 03-25-2018
The cherry wood smoked woodford masters edition this year is great
[Reply]
Bewbies 07:57 PM 03-25-2018
If I’ve had better bourbon than Blanton’s I can’t recall it by name.
[Reply]
KCTitus 08:30 PM 03-25-2018
Originally Posted by lewdog:
If anyone here can locate a Blanton’s with dumped on date of 1-23-18, I’ll pay you more than it’s worth.

Xoxo
Lewdog
Blantons is pretty common around here, but you have to fight like a gladiator to get a few bottles of buffalo trace. I'll have a look at the bottled date on a few blantons. Ive even got an in on a guy at the govt controlled liquor control at the state, I might be able to find that date...
[Reply]
Bewbies 08:38 PM 03-25-2018
Originally Posted by KCTitus:
Blantons is pretty common around here, but you have to fight like a gladiator to get a few bottles of buffalo trace. I'll have a look at the bottled date on a few blantons. Ive even got an in on a guy at the govt controlled liquor control at the state, I might be able to find that date...
Buffalo Trace flows like water here in Atlanta. Blantons is hard as hell to find.
[Reply]
KCTitus 08:43 PM 03-25-2018
Originally Posted by Bewbies:
Buffalo Trace flows like water here in Atlanta. Blantons is hard as hell to find.
Understandable...I live in a state that has a monopoly on liquor, so they tax the ever loving shit out of it. A bottle of Blantons is $60...and Buffalo Trace is $27...if you want to drink bourbon, your choice is limited unless you're independently wealthy
[Reply]
kjwood75nro 09:03 PM 03-25-2018
Sorry if it's been addressed already, but what is everyone's opinion of neat, but cold bourbon?

I'm still in the large ice cube phase, and everytime I try to switch to neat, the temperature turns me off.

Gotta have it cold.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 09:34 PM 03-25-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
The cherry wood smoked woodford masters edition this year is great
I've been looking for that and haven't been able to get my hands on some
[Reply]
srvy 11:06 PM 03-25-2018
Originally Posted by kjwood75nro:
Sorry if it's been addressed already, but what is everyone's opinion of neat, but cold bourbon?

I'm still in the large ice cube phase, and everytime I try to switch to neat, the temperature turns me off.

Gotta have it cold.
Do you like it ice cold or just slightly chilled? Anything with ice will dilute and change its characteristics some. On some bourbons it may help. Or get some whiskey stones and keep in freezer one or two slightly chill but doesnt change the flavor.
[Reply]
srvy 11:17 PM 03-25-2018
Also many bourbon drinkers that purchase bottles of 55 abv or higher will keep a little bottle of water to give it a splash to cut the alcohol down. As the kinda gauge for liver damage starts at around 55 abv. Scotch drinkers do this a lot due to this scenario. So if your a heavy Whiskey drinker anything 110 proof or greater beware without a splash of h2o the liver is more at risk.
[Reply]
kjwood75nro 12:37 AM 03-26-2018
Originally Posted by srvy:
Also many bourbon drinkers that purchase bottles of 55 abv or higher will keep a little bottle of water to give it a splash to cut the alcohol down. As the kinda gauge for liver damage starts at around 55 abv. Scotch drinkers do this a lot due to this scenario. So if your a heavy Whiskey drinker anything 110 proof or greater beware without a splash of h2o the liver is more at risk.
If I'm reading between the lines correctly, then a 1.75L of Wild Turkey 101 every couple of days is okay, but even moreso with a splash of water?
[Reply]
lewdog 06:31 AM 03-26-2018
Originally Posted by MotherfuckerJones:
I’ll keep an eye out here
Thanks man!

Understandable...I live in a state that has a monopoly on liquor, so they tax the ever loving shit out of it. A bottle of Blantons is $60...and Buffalo Trace is $27...if you want to drink bourbon, your choice is limited unless you're independently wealthy
Buffalo Trace is readily available here. I’d ship a few bottles to in exchange of a Blanton’s.

Those are the prices found on those here in AZ with Blanton’s nearing $70 in the few places where it might hit the shelves for a few days.
[Reply]
shitgoose 07:04 AM 03-26-2018
Originally Posted by Mother****erJones:
Yah, I’ve seen men post pictures of drinking rare whiskies with coke and I just shake my head. Have y’all had High West Whiskey? I’m big into their products. I’ve got two bottles of A Midwinter Nights Dram. Won a bottle of Blanton’s Gold on a Facebook bourbon raffle. Big score for $15
High West Bourye is one of my favorites.

How's the Blanton's Gold?
[Reply]
srvy 08:15 AM 03-26-2018
Originally Posted by kjwood75nro:
If I'm reading between the lines correctly, then a 1.75L of Wild Turkey 101 every couple of days is okay, but even moreso with a splash of water?
You can drink cask strength neat but you have to be sensible with it. I am trying to find the whiskey.com article that went into detail on this.
[Reply]
srvy 08:18 AM 03-26-2018
Both out of the same Buffalo Trace distillery some say very little difference between the two besides price. Reviewers have them pretty even. I like Buff Trace better than Blantons but maybe im just a seeker of best bang for the buck.
[Reply]
Page 65 of 207
« First < 15556162636465 6667686975115165 > Last »
Up