ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 21
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 NFL Draft Tidbits
O.city 09:42 AM 03-19-2019
It's getting closer so I figure we could move some draft talk to the Lounge.

Charles Robinson usually has some good tidbits on stuff so heres a thread on some stuff he's hearing.

#NFL draft notes thread...

1. Evaluators are anxious to see #Alabama safety Deionte Thompson at today's pro day. There were concerns about his weight coming out of the combine (195 vs. 180ish in season). His speed/weight has left his overall report up in limbo for some teams.

— Charles Robinson (@CharlesRobinson) March 19, 2019

[Reply]
Iconic 10:32 AM 03-23-2019
It's hand timed. That shit is always significantly faster.

And yeah I looked at his tape. I wasn't impressed and I didn't see the range everyone saw.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:38 AM 03-23-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Losing ford and Houston is absolutely a step back.
and we were still 31st in the league on defense with one of these 2 who not only was careless in lining up offsides costing us a SB trip but actually did it again in the Pro Bowl:-) 15.5 sacks gets greatly diminished when you can't set the edge or stop the run. What beat us in the AFCCG Pitt my man ?????? NOT STOPPING THE RUN !!!!!:-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:52 AM 03-23-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Average time for safeties. How do you know running to spots before the ball was even thrown is not his instinct kicking in correlating with his film study?

Not trying to personally bust your balls here Iconic because you are a good dude. Just trying to give you the other side of the coin when evaluating.:-)
this.

What guys do in shorts is not more important than what game tape tells you. If it was, then Ryan Leaf would be in the hall of fame.

conversely, as armchair GM's we're not going to watch endless tape on every player.

But as you watch highlight reels, take these things into consideration-

What's the level of competition of the opponent? Did this player create this big play, or were they the beneficiary of other factors?

There are highlight reels of RB's busting off 90 yard runs; but they're playing against like...Eastern Uganda State and the hole was so big you could drive a truck through it, and nobody on the other team had NFL speed so they just blew by them. Now, is the RB awesome, or is it just a talent mismatch overall?

Take Zach Allen for example. Look at his highlight reel. It's against like Miami Clemson, and Virginia Tech. He's abusing offensive linemen at the highest level. He's not cleaning up other people's plays, he's crushing good competition.

Allen plus Jones inside on passing downs would be devastating. Allen outside on run downs would be killer.

Just an example.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:20 AM 03-23-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
and we were still 31st in the league on defense with one of these 2 who not only was careless in lining up offsides costing us a SB trip but actually did it again in the Pro Bowl:-) 15.5 sacks gets greatly diminished when you can't set the edge or stop the run. What beat us in the AFCCG Pitt my man ?????? NOT STOPPING THE RUN !!!!!:-)
you think we’ll improve without Ford? Dude just got $88 million.
[Reply]
SAUTO 11:33 AM 03-23-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I think situation is more important to the actual RB being successful than the numbers etc.

I'd take Jacobs with one of our 2nds if that's the way they wanted to go.
I'm on the Jacobs train.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:43 AM 03-23-2019
what does his money have to do with anything?

Yes I do think we'll improve. Want to bet we're better than 31st?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:59 AM 03-23-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
what does his money have to do with anything?

Yes I do think we'll improve. Want to bet we're better than 31st?
The money indicates that he’s an elite pass rusher and is valued as such.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 12:13 PM 03-23-2019
What's 88 million $$ got to do with setting the edge and stopping the run ?

The Niners will soon find out they got took by the "shiny new object" that will soon lose it's shine because Ford is not the physical guy nor the smart guy they think he is. I use the term "new" because his previous 4yrs were crap with a hint of flash that only showed itself against inferior o-lines. I have a hard time believing Lynch doesn't see his lack of physicality and ineptness in stopping the run and setting the edge, but then again teams are desperate.

Never associate the amount of a contract to actual real talent especially when you have seen the talent or lack thereof in your own house for the previous 5 yrs. Like I have said, those 15.5 sacks came with a dear, dear cost unfortunately and that was eliminating a SB appearance for us both physically(not stopping the run or setting the edge) and lack of mental focus(lining up offsides in a crucial moment).

No way I pay DUMBASSERY !! GOOD RIDDANCE !!
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:15 PM 03-23-2019
They had the most sacks and sucked shit. Keeping them would put the team at an even worse position at Safety (that one spot they really fucking sucked at all year long) as they would have had zero flexibility to get Mathieu.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 12:17 PM 03-23-2019
It's obvious you have never played the game nor have real football eyes.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:37 PM 03-23-2019
I'll bet you were one of the guys throwing a fit when we let Peters go, weren't you? Because TURNOVERS! OMG! We got robbed!

How'd that turn out? Word is the Rams were already trying to dump him after one season.

Ford is a one trick pony, doesn't play the run well, and therefore doesn't fit a 4-3 that's geared to stop the run first.

In a 3-4, I still think you're taking a hit against the run playing him. And there's the injury concerns.
[Reply]
Buckweath 12:39 PM 03-23-2019
No to a RB in the 2nd round. I would hate it but I know it's not happening.

And Dee Ford is a great player. The passrush will for sure be worse this season but the overall defense will be better.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:46 PM 03-23-2019
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
No to a RB in the 2nd round. I would hate it but I know it's not happening.

And Dee Ford is a great player. The passrush will for sure be worse this season but the overall defense will be better.
I'll take a well rounded player over one with obvious weaknesses any day. Which is, basically, what you're saying there.

So to be great at ONE thing, but a liability in others-does that make a great player? I don't think so.

just my opinion.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 12:48 PM 03-23-2019
And Dee Ford is a great player.
Respectfully disagree. As Meck said, he is a one trick pony and a poor version of that when going against good o-lines.

The passrush will for sure be worse this season but the overall defense will be better.
Can't have it both ways.

My gut tells me we will better at both on D.:-)
[Reply]
Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 12:50 PM 03-23-2019
Folks, Ford, and Houston, and Nelson, and (insert other person we didn't bring back) helped us to a 31st rated defense and almost apocolytically-bad against the run.

No one . . . NO ONE . . . on that defense was not expendable.

And, if the doomsayers are right, what? We go from the 31st rated defense to the 32nd? Big woop.

Bring in some Neanderthals who like to crack skulls and take names. :-):-)
[Reply]
Page 9 of 21
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up