ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 21
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 NFL Draft Tidbits
O.city 09:42 AM 03-19-2019
It's getting closer so I figure we could move some draft talk to the Lounge.

Charles Robinson usually has some good tidbits on stuff so heres a thread on some stuff he's hearing.

#NFL draft notes thread...

1. Evaluators are anxious to see #Alabama safety Deionte Thompson at today's pro day. There were concerns about his weight coming out of the combine (195 vs. 180ish in season). His speed/weight has left his overall report up in limbo for some teams.

— Charles Robinson (@CharlesRobinson) March 19, 2019

[Reply]
bricks 05:32 PM 03-22-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Needing immediate production from draft picks and picking at 29 isn’t ideal

**** this hasn’t been a good offseason
Think positive dude.

We got lots of good valued signings from role players who could give us really good production. And there are still plenty of draft picks available from a deep defensive draft class in which we could get our starters.

Thats a great strategy to building a team. We’ll be fine.
[Reply]
In58men 05:34 PM 03-22-2019
O.city throws a tantrum and leaves
[Reply]
Iconic 09:10 AM 03-23-2019
Hearing some weird stuff from the rumor mill today:
Jets are in love with Josh Allen
SF is leaning towards Quinnen
Buccs dialed in on Devin White - also Steelers might trade up for him

As a result... the Faiders could wind up with Bosa lmao.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:24 AM 03-23-2019
Still feeling that Jon Gruden is gonna make the move for Kyler Murray.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:29 AM 03-23-2019
I've thought White to the Bucs was probable for a while now.
[Reply]
Iconic 09:39 AM 03-23-2019
Talk about a plot twist. I'd love it if that happened. Oak goes from looking dangerous to shoving half its draft capital into getting a QB. That, mind you, they have neither the infrastructure or coaching staff to help develop.

Glorious.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:43 AM 03-23-2019
Originally Posted by Iconic:

Didn't the Bucs just go to a 3-4? So they're going to burn a top 5 pick on an ILB? I don't know man. With all those blue chip pass rushers?

Quinnen to SF I could see if they're counting on Dee Ford, which they are.

I think Murray goes #1. Rosen could be shipped off to any one of these places-Raiders, Miami, Giants, Washington, Pats. Anybody wanting to skip a year of development on a guy that would probably be the first proper QB in this draft. (though Murray will go 1st, I think it's a mistake.)
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:02 AM 03-23-2019
Originally Posted by In58men:
How so?

We practically revamped our defensive coaching staff. Remember we could still have Bob Sutton.

We got rid of Ford and Berry, which is what we ALL wanted.

We signed Breeland and Honey Badger to improve the defense.

I really like the Carlos Hyde pick up as well. I think it was pretty damn good.

I say we made made nothing but upgrades this offseason, we didn’t take a step back.
Losing ford and Houston is absolutely a step back.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 10:09 AM 03-23-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Losing them made our back end better. Not a step back. Pass rush is overrated.
[Reply]
In58men 10:13 AM 03-23-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Because Houston was so consistent huh?

Ford had his best season last year, he’s always been battling back issues. They don’t fit 4-3 anyways.
[Reply]
Iconic 10:21 AM 03-23-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Didn't the Bucs just go to a 3-4? So they're going to burn a top 5 pick on an ILB? I don't know man. With all those blue chip pass rushers?

Quinnen to SF I could see if they're counting on Dee Ford, which they are.

I think Murray goes #1. Rosen could be shipped off to any one of these places-Raiders, Miami, Giants, Washington, Pats. Anybody wanting to skip a year of development on a guy that would probably be the first proper QB in this draft. (though Murray will go 1st, I think it's a mistake.)
Kwon bolted and Bucannon is basically a hybrid so it looks like their thin at ILB. I wouldn't draft him at 5 that's why their weird rumors for a reason.

I don't know, there's a lot of smoke around the Raiders wanting Murray. They have the best draft capital to get it done as well. If Gruden trades the farm it would be hard to walk away from that.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:23 AM 03-23-2019
4.53 hand timed which is basically 4.6

For a guy who's primary selling point was range I'm just not impressed.
Is a 4.53 closer to 4.6 flat or 4.5 flat ? :-)

I have read through all of these posts and it's very obvious many have not played the game and know nothing of how to really interpret combine stats in relation to what you see on game tape.

Combine stats don't tell the whole story but the tape does in most instances and why scouts must go back to the tape. Can combine stats show good instinct ? Just because a safety has a so called average or slightly slow 40 time does not mean he can't cover because IF he has great instinct this will make up for that average 40 time and he still will show great range because of that instinct and why going back to the tape is so important.

Here is another one. "Game speed". Most RBs have average 40 times usually going around the 4.6 range. I think of 2 HOF RBs that never ran any faster than high 4.5s so basically they were 4.6 guys. These 2 guys had what they call "game speed". The ability to actually increase their speed in a short distance while changing direction never losing speed. Once they got into the open they were gone. They had great adrenaline surge/"quick twitch" actually hitting high 4.4's if not low 4.4s in a short distance. This is called "game speed". Who were these 2 guys ? Emmitt Smith and Terrell Davis.

And why most RBs with good 40 times will still get caught from behind in the open field, because they don't possess that great quick twitch surge in the open field to take it to the house. Combine stats won't tell you this but the game tape will.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:23 AM 03-23-2019
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Losing them made our back end better. Not a step back. Pass rush is overrated.
I don't know that I'd say that, but there's more than one way to skin a cat.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:24 AM 03-23-2019

It's poker season my friend.:-)
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:32 AM 03-23-2019
A lot of guys are hand timing him between the 4.5-4.6 range. Oof. I was worried about this from the start. IMO on tape he was always running to spots before the ball was even thrown
Average time for safeties. How do you know running to spots before the ball was even thrown is not his instinct kicking in correlating with his film study?

Not trying to personally bust your balls here Iconic because you are a good dude. Just trying to give you the other side of the coin when evaluating.:-)
[Reply]
Page 8 of 21
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up