ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 21
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 NFL Draft Tidbits
O.city 09:42 AM 03-19-2019
It's getting closer so I figure we could move some draft talk to the Lounge.

Charles Robinson usually has some good tidbits on stuff so heres a thread on some stuff he's hearing.

#NFL draft notes thread...

1. Evaluators are anxious to see #Alabama safety Deionte Thompson at today's pro day. There were concerns about his weight coming out of the combine (195 vs. 180ish in season). His speed/weight has left his overall report up in limbo for some teams.

— Charles Robinson (@CharlesRobinson) March 19, 2019

[Reply]
O.city 02:44 PM 03-22-2019
Needing immediate production from draft picks and picking at 29 isn’t ideal

Fuck this hasn’t been a good offseason
[Reply]
BryanBusby 02:44 PM 03-22-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Sweat or Ferrell?
Either one, but I think Sweat is the better fit.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:47 PM 03-22-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:

**** this hasn’t been a good offseason
I think you're very, very wrong. I think this has been a very good offseason, and it's only a quarter of the way in.
[Reply]
Iconic 03:00 PM 03-22-2019

CB Deandre Baker falling down draft boards due to 'bad interviews' https://t.co/gAb08BC6zI

— Rotoworld NFL Draft (@Rotoworld_Draft) March 22, 2019

[Reply]
Iconic 03:03 PM 03-22-2019
Also from Roto:

Brugler 'can't see' S Taylor Rapp falling to No. 58

Scout: Jachai Polite "might not even go" Round 2
[Reply]
staylor26 03:07 PM 03-22-2019
Originally Posted by :
Bleacher Report's Matt Miller reports that Delaware S Nasir Adderley's 40-yard dash time at his Pro Day on Friday was affected by a hamstring injury.
Adderley reportedly timed somewhere in the 4.6 second range during it, but Miller reports that the safety "pulled up" because of a hamstring injury, so that time is obviously not an accurate reflection. Adderley also battled an ankle injury that kept him out of testing at the Scouting Combine, but it's not known if these injuries are connected. His 38.5-inch vertical and 129-inch broad jump are more reflective of the Delaware safeties' athleticism
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:25 PM 03-22-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Yeah, I'd let a pretty good fit at leo go to the Raiders too.
I just don't think he's THAT good.

As I've said before, I only saw him 2 or 3 times last season (I don't have cable) but every time I saw him, he wasn't this game changing player he was hyped to be.

In fact, they spent 15 minutes of the bowl game preview talking about JUST HIM and that was the last time his name was mentioned the rest of the broadcast. He was completely invisible against an Iowa team that most here would say is a 2nd-tier team in a weak Big 10 conference. Iowa struggled with consistency on their line all year and yet the manhandled Sweat and completely neutralized him.
[Reply]
In58men 04:33 PM 03-22-2019

**** this hasn’t been a good offseason
How so?

We practically revamped our defensive coaching staff. Remember we could still have Bob Sutton.

We got rid of Ford and Berry, which is what we ALL wanted.

We signed Breeland and Honey Badger to improve the defense.

I really like the Carlos Hyde pick up as well. I think it was pretty damn good.

I say we made made nothing but upgrades this offseason, we didn’t take a step back.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:42 PM 03-22-2019

Dude, this is a deep defensive draft. They have a really good chance of getting immediate production, not only from their 1st rounder, but from their two 2nd rounders as well.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 04:49 PM 03-22-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Dude, this is a deep defensive draft. They have a really good chance of getting immediate production, not only from their 1st rounder, but from their two 2nd rounders as well.
The argument last year when we didn't have a first round pick was that you couldn't expect immediate production from picks after the first round. So is that not the case?
[Reply]
BossChief 04:52 PM 03-22-2019

Have patience and read between the lines.

Veach flat out said “we want to be aggressive and to do that you need draft picks and cap space”

When he said that, it pretty much confirms he wants to trade for a vet that can step right in and play right away.

Also, the fact Veach moved on so adamantly from Ford/Houston and Berry says to me he has confidence in the guys behind them to be able to play and that he sees this drafgas one he can replace them in with cheap rookie deals.

I think we’re all gonna really love the guys he goes out and gets.

He may overpay for them, but they will be solid additions to the team and impact players that will help us win in the playoffs.
[Reply]
BossChief 04:53 PM 03-22-2019
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
The argument last year when we didn't have a first round pick was that you couldn't expect immediate production from picks after the first round. So is that not the case?
THis is an unreal talent class for front 7 players.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:55 PM 03-22-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:
THis is an unreal talent class for front 7 players.
OLB/DE and T I agree.

off-ball LB'ers not so much. there's like what, 2 or 3.

Lots of top tier safeties with little separating them other than schematic preference.

Lots of 2nd tier CB's with lower floors but higher ceilings than the top 2 or 3.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:29 PM 03-22-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
OLB/DE and T I agree.

off-ball LB'ers not so much. there's like what, 2 or 3.

Lots of top tier safeties with little separating them other than schematic preference.

Lots of 2nd tier CB's with lower floors but higher ceilings than the top 2 or 3.
Yep. Totally agree.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:29 PM 03-22-2019
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Who said that? It wasn't me.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 21
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up