ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 21
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 NFL Draft Tidbits
O.city 09:42 AM 03-19-2019
It's getting closer so I figure we could move some draft talk to the Lounge.

Charles Robinson usually has some good tidbits on stuff so heres a thread on some stuff he's hearing.

#NFL draft notes thread...

1. Evaluators are anxious to see #Alabama safety Deionte Thompson at today's pro day. There were concerns about his weight coming out of the combine (195 vs. 180ish in season). His speed/weight has left his overall report up in limbo for some teams.

— Charles Robinson (@CharlesRobinson) March 19, 2019

[Reply]
Chiefshrink 12:57 PM 03-23-2019
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
No to a RB in the 2nd round.
I like Montgomery and Sanders at RB. I remember when Reid traded up from the bottom in Philly to get Cox. So I can realistically see Reid trading up to get that defensive playmaker or TE and staying put for a CB.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:58 PM 03-23-2019
Originally Posted by Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan:
Folks, Ford, and Houston, and Nelson, and (insert other person we didn't bring back) helped us to a 31st rated defense and almost apocolytically-bad against the run.

No one . . . NO ONE . . . on that defense was not expendable.

And, if the doomsayers are right, what? We go from the 31st rated defense to the 32nd? Big woop.

Bring in some Neanderthals who like to crack skulls and take names. :-):-)
We just need aggression and better instincts.

One of Dorsey's faults was falling in love with measurables. That's part of it, but so much of defense is not about that, it's about wanting to knock the snot of the guy in front of you and 'feeling' what's happening even when you can't see it in traffic.

The knock on Honey Badger was that he was too small and too slow for the NFL. He's a good example of instincts and aggression winning out over measurables.

Kuechly was too slow and a mediocre athlete, too, remember? So was Tamba Hali.

For the last few years of Sutton's regime, the defense sat on their heels. It's time to dictate; force the offense to deal with our will. First in sacks got us the #31 defense, so that's clearly not the answer.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 01:07 PM 03-23-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
We just need aggression and better instincts.
but so much of defense is not about that, it's about wanting to knock the snot of the guy in front of you and 'feeling' what's happening even when you can't see it in traffic.
All freaking day!!!! And something you can't teach. Either you have instinct/feel and love to hit or you don't !!

The knock on Honey Badger was that he was too small and too slow for the NFL. He's a good example of instincts and aggression winning out over measurables.
A true Ball Hawk who plays the position like a WR when the ball is in the air and hits like we have just invaded his house and will see you coming(instinct) before it ever happens.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:10 PM 03-23-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
It's obvious you have never played the game nor have real football eyes.
LOL. Played safety in college. You?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:21 PM 03-23-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
LOL. Played safety in college. You?

Well, I played TE and DE in high school. But I was too skinny, so what did the other team do? Ran right at me. In my case, I was physically too light to hold the edge even though I was trying to be physically aggressive. As much as I loved it, I was a basketball player physique trying to play football.

Ford's not aggressive, just fast. He either beats you with the first step or he doesn't. When he does, it's flashy, it's a 'WOW' moment.

The rest of the time you can block him with a WR.

If nobody can run on us, we'll flirt with a perfect season. It's that simple. Your only hope unless you have an elite QB is to run the ball and keep Mahomes off the field.

If you have to throw every down, well, we should cover better than last year with Breeland and HB plus the draftees.

Daly has shown he can get pressure from JAGs in NE by scheme.

You gloom and doom guys are all going to be pleasantly surprised.

Consider this- are any of you picking the Patriots to suck balls because they let Flowers walk?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:10 PM 03-23-2019
Well, I played TE and DE in high school. But I was too skinny, so what did the other team do? Ran right at me. In my case, I was physically too light to hold the edge even though I was trying to be physically aggressive. As much as I loved it, I was a basketball player physique trying to play football.

Ford's not aggressive, just fast. He either beats you with the first step or he doesn't. When he does, it's flashy, it's a 'WOW' moment.

The rest of the time you can block him with a WR.

If nobody can run on us, we'll flirt with a perfect season. It's that simple. Your only hope unless you have an elite QB is to run the ball and keep Mahomes off the field.

If you have to throw every down, well, we should cover better than last year with Breeland and HB plus the draftees.

Daly has shown he can get pressure from JAGs in NE by scheme.

You gloom and doom guys are all going to be pleasantly surprised.

Consider this- are any of you picking the Patriots to suck balls because they let Flowers walk?
I’d love to be pleasantly surprised. I simply don’t understand people asserting that we WILL be better by default. I hope that’s the case, but I certainly don’t see the evidence.
[Reply]
raidersnumber1 02:16 PM 03-23-2019
I'm so hard right now thinking about the draft. I mean Mayock has put together a playoff roster already and he still has 4 top 35 picks left. Absolute madman.
[Reply]
In58men 02:47 PM 03-23-2019
Originally Posted by raidersnumber1:
I'm so hard right now thinking about the draft. I mean Mayock has put together a playoff roster already and he still has 4 top 35 picks left. Absolute madman.
Raider fans say this every season.

“Playoff bound”

Doesn’t go over .500
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:53 PM 03-23-2019
Originally Posted by raidersnumber1:

:-)
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:54 PM 03-23-2019
Originally Posted by In58men:
Raider fans say thMahomes bro, Mahomesis every season.

“Playoff bound”

Doesn’t go over .500
the instant retort on that is "Mahomes bro, Mahomes" to all Raider Fans
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:09 PM 03-23-2019
I’d love to be pleasantly surprised. I simply don’t understand people asserting that we WILL be better by default. I hope that’s the case, but I certainly don’t see the evidence.
Eric Berry and his 'day to day' < Honey Badger
Scandrick started what, 14 games? < Ward, who played two all-pro QB's and held his own in 3 games.
Breeland>Nelson. Don't even try to argue.
Okafor is a much better run defender than Ford. Not as good of a pass rusher, but still has an 8 sack season under his belt. Furthermore, a history of being relatively healthy.
Wilson is at worst a quality rotational player that still has upside and some speed.
a 4-3 front fits many of players better than the 3-4. Jones, Nnadi, and Speaks as well as possibly Kpass should all be at least as good or better just due to scheme/responsibilities. Hitchens looked excellent in the 4-3. O'Daniel fits better too.
All 2nd and 3rd year guys can be expected to improve just due to experience.
We still have the draft and bargain hunting to do.

We've improved the defensive coaching staff.

I don't think there's any reason to not expect them to be better.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:39 PM 03-23-2019
Eric Berry and his 'day to day' < Honey Badger
Scandrick started what, 14 games? < Ward, who played two all-pro QB's and held his own in 3 games.
Breeland>Nelson. Don't even try to argue.
Okafor is a much better run defender than Ford. Not as good of a pass rusher, but still has an 8 sack season under his belt. Furthermore, a history of being relatively healthy.
Wilson is at worst a quality rotational player that still has upside and some speed.
a 4-3 front fits many of players better than the 3-4. Jones, Nnadi, and Speaks as well as possibly Kpass should all be at least as good or better just due to scheme/responsibilities. Hitchens looked excellent in the 4-3. O'Daniel fits better too.
All 2nd and 3rd year guys can be expected to improve just due to experience.
We still have the draft and bargain hunting to do.

We've improved the defensive coaching staff.

I don't think there's any reason to not expect them to be better.
I won’t try to argue, but I’d love to hear the justification that makes the unarguable case for Breeland over Nelson.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:46 PM 03-23-2019
I won’t try to argue, but I’d love to hear the justification that makes the unarguable case for Breeland over Nelson.
facepalm.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 03:47 PM 03-23-2019
Breeland is better than Nelson and it’s not really close
[Reply]
milkman 05:05 PM 03-23-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
It's obvious you have never played the game nor have real football eyes.
Even when I agree with your overall point, your posts just scream "DUMBASS!"
[Reply]
Page 10 of 21
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up