ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 19
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I-29 to Omaha is apparently closed from flooding
BWillie 02:54 PM 03-16-2019
https://www.kq2.com/content/news/Flo...507212831.html

Flooding has forced more evacuations in northwest Missouri.

The Atchison County Commission issued an immediate mandatory evacuation Friday for areas west of I-29 due to the threat flooding.

The Missouri River at Brownville, NE is approaching record levels.

As of Friday afternoon, the river is at 44.49 feet just shy of the record crest of 44.8 set in 2011.

The river is expected to crest at 48 feet on Sunday.

Near-record level flooding has also forced the shutdown of I-29 at the Missouri/Iowa border.

Interstate 29 at Rock Port exit 110 is closed due to flooding in Iowa.

The Missouri Department of Transportation said drivers wanting to use I-29 northbound should use I-35 and then I-80 into Iowa.
[Reply]
Bugeater 01:43 PM 03-25-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Going back to Council Bluffs on Thursday - it looks like parts of I-29 are opening back up north of St Joe. How long did I-29 stay down in the floods of 2011?
Too fucking long. IIRC i was using the detour through Maryville to get to St Joe over the summer and was still using it when i went to the Chiefs/Vikes game in Oct. And this year is looking like it's going to be worse.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:57 PM 03-25-2019
Originally Posted by Hydrae:
I was in Columbia in 93. What a mess but at least we were fine. I did have to go to Jeff City shortly after the flood and I think we had to divert all the way down through Hermann and back to get there.
Yeah, the choices were west through California and up or east through Hermann and up. Either would have sucked ass.
[Reply]
Bugeater 02:44 PM 03-25-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
That happened to Highway 54/63 just north of Jeff City across the river during the '93 flood. The entire stretch of highway had to be redone. Took several weeks to repair.

One of my friends from high school lives south of Jeff City and worked south of Columbia. Had to drive nearly 60 miles out of the way each direction to get to work until it was fixed.
It also happened to I-680 between I-29 and the Missouri River in 2011. Once the waters receded, a contractor amazingly rebuilt the entire 3 mile stretch in just 34 days. They better have that company on speed dial because I'm sure it will need it again.

[Reply]
ptlyon 02:46 PM 03-25-2019
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
It also happened to I-680 between I-29 and the Missouri River in 2011. Once the waters receded, a contractor amazingly rebuilt the entire 3 mile stretch in just 34 days. They better have that company on speed dial because I'm sure it will need it again.

Sioux city bitches!
[Reply]
Bugeater 02:50 PM 03-25-2019
Pffft...like anyone ever goes there....
[Reply]
BWillie 03:41 PM 03-25-2019
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Sioux city bitches!
You know Sioux City is a great place, because they had larger population in 1925 than they do today. People just love it there.
[Reply]
ptlyon 03:45 PM 03-25-2019
You know Sioux City is a great place, because they had larger population in 1925 than they do today. People just love it there.
If you like cutting meat, making gelatin, or making anhydrous, it's the place for you!
[Reply]
suzzer99 04:05 PM 03-25-2019

Death Valley got tired of this happening so they put in some new kind of rubberized road that was supposed to resist breaking apart. Instead the flood waters just picked the entire road up in big chunks and deposited them downstream.

[Reply]
ptlyon 05:06 PM 03-25-2019
Really not sure how much it may go down

https://www.nwd.usace.army.mil/Media...elt-beginning/
[Reply]
BWillie 08:05 PM 03-25-2019
Really not sure how much it may go down

https://www.nwd.usace.army.mil/Media...elt-beginning/
How does this compare to what they let out to cause the flood to begin with?
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:59 PM 03-25-2019
If you like cutting meat, making gelatin, or making anhydrous, it's the place for you!
Man Sux City stinks. I mean, it's not that bad of a town but good grief, it smells SO bad.
[Reply]
Bugeater 10:41 PM 03-25-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Man Sux City stinks. I mean, it's not that bad of a town but good grief, it smells SO bad.
It definitely did years ago, but I haven't noticed it the last few times I've been through. Or maybe it's the 30 years of smoking finally paying off.
[Reply]
ptlyon 06:01 AM 03-26-2019
How does this compare to what they let out to cause the flood to begin with?
The dam at Spencer, NE collapsed into the gavins point reservoir, so it's really not a good comparison.
[Reply]
ptlyon 06:08 AM 03-26-2019
It definitely did years ago, but I haven't noticed it the last few times I've been through. Or maybe it's the 30 years of smoking finally paying off.
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The combination of the water treatment plant and meat packing plants caused that. Now swift that was right by the interstate is gone. They've cleaned up the water treatment plant pretty well with newer technologies. IBP in Dakota city is now Tyson. They no longer process cattle. I worked at IBP for a year and a half. Wednesday was "blood day" where they would pump and dispose of the blood. That on a ripe August day would gag a maggot.
[Reply]
bevischief 09:34 AM 03-26-2019
North as in where i am? Or north as in North Dakota?
It isn't May yet. North Dakota doesn't know spring yet.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 19
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up