ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 19
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I-29 to Omaha is apparently closed from flooding
BWillie 02:54 PM 03-16-2019
https://www.kq2.com/content/news/Flo...507212831.html

Flooding has forced more evacuations in northwest Missouri.

The Atchison County Commission issued an immediate mandatory evacuation Friday for areas west of I-29 due to the threat flooding.

The Missouri River at Brownville, NE is approaching record levels.

As of Friday afternoon, the river is at 44.49 feet just shy of the record crest of 44.8 set in 2011.

The river is expected to crest at 48 feet on Sunday.

Near-record level flooding has also forced the shutdown of I-29 at the Missouri/Iowa border.

Interstate 29 at Rock Port exit 110 is closed due to flooding in Iowa.

The Missouri Department of Transportation said drivers wanting to use I-29 northbound should use I-35 and then I-80 into Iowa.
[Reply]
Bugeater 10:16 AM 03-19-2019
Originally Posted by kc rush:
Got an email from our Lincoln office that the city is under a water use restriction. Nothing from our Omaha office so far.

Businesses need to reduce water use by 25% while residents need to cut use to 50%. Restaurants are only supposed to serve water upon request and use disposable place settings to reduce dish washing. Lawn watering and car washing is prohibited.
Their water treatment plant must have been affected. Only issue here in Omaha is getting in and out, only way to go south is Hwy 50 out of SW Omaha and the only way to the north is Hwy 75. Probably gonna be that way for a while too...
[Reply]
ptlyon 10:19 AM 03-19-2019
Really not liking this. Head south to Oklahoma April 1st, and don't want to drive all over the God Damn countryside to get there. It's an 8 hour trip towing a boat the way it is.
[Reply]
Bugeater 10:27 AM 03-19-2019
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Really not liking this. Head south to Oklahoma April 1st, and don't want to drive all over the God Damn countryside to get there. It's an 8 hour trip towing a boat the way it is.
You're probably looking at taking 59 or 71 south to St Joe like in 2011. Will add about an hour to the trip.
[Reply]
ptlyon 10:42 AM 03-19-2019
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
You're probably looking at taking 59 or 71 south to St Joe like in 2011. Will add about an hour to the trip.
Outstanding.
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:30 AM 03-19-2019
Oh and since you'll be down that way, be sure to allow some time to visit the ax murder house in Villisca. .
[Reply]
Fish 12:19 PM 03-19-2019
I-29 is now closed at the 71/I-29 junction outside of St. Joe.

https://www.kansascity.com/news/article228123529.html

Interstate 29 is closed north of St. Joseph because of flooding, Missouri Department of Transportation officials said Tuesday morning.

The closure had been placed earlier at the Missouri-Iowa border but was extended further south to the intersection of U.S. 71 and I-29 near St. Joseph.

The Department of Transportation suggested the alternate route of Interstate 35 in Missouri and Iowa and Interstate 80 in Iowa.
[Reply]
ptlyon 12:26 PM 03-19-2019
Fuck a sick monkey :-):-):-)
[Reply]
ghak99 12:31 PM 03-19-2019
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
People are losing their homes, their property, their income as their livestock drown or get washed away, and are looking forward to an endless mess to clean up what's left of their lives once the water recedes and you're bitching about having to take a fucking detour to go fishing.

Eat a dick.
[Reply]
kc rush 12:48 PM 03-19-2019
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Their water treatment plant must have been affected. Only issue here in Omaha is getting in and out, only way to go south is Hwy 50 out of SW Omaha and the only way to the north is Hwy 75. Probably gonna be that way for a while too...
I guess that flood waters killed the well pumps, but didn't contaminate the water. Sounds like they are on restrictions for a bit.

I'm supposed to be there and Omaha next week, but I think I might postpone that.
[Reply]
Bugeater 01:08 PM 03-19-2019
Originally Posted by ghak99:
People are losing their homes, their property, their income as their livestock drown or get washed away, and are looking forward to an endless mess to clean up what's left of their lives once the water recedes and you're bitching about having to take a fucking detour to go fishing.

Eat a dick.
Uh, that's pretty much what the thread is about.

Eat a Ritalin
[Reply]
Bugeater 01:13 PM 03-19-2019
I guess that flood waters killed the well pumps, but didn't contaminate the water. Sounds like they are on restrictions for a bit.

I'm supposed to be there and Omaha next week, but I think I might postpone that.
If nothing else I'd postpone it just to give the city more time to fill all the meteor craters in the streets up here. There's probably places in Afghanistan with nicer roads right now.
[Reply]
Dartgod 01:13 PM 03-19-2019
People are losing their homes, their property, their income as their livestock drown or get washed away, and are looking forward to an endless mess to clean up what's left of their lives once the water recedes and you're bitching about having to take a ****ing detour to go fishing.

Eat a dick.
:-)
[Reply]
Graystoke 02:33 PM 03-19-2019

Haha...
In all seriousness we all know floods suck.
I will be able to drive to my house tonight after having my road closed for 5 days.
Last night I was able to walk in and power wash my garage. You gotta hit that mud when its wet or its a bitch to get off.

edit meant to quote eat a dick post
[Reply]
BWillie 04:45 PM 03-19-2019
People are losing their homes, their property, their income as their livestock drown or get washed away, and are looking forward to an endless mess to clean up what's left of their lives once the water recedes and you're bitching about having to take a ****ing detour to go fishing.

Eat a dick.
Yep. Really sucks for them. But it still kinda sucks for us, just not as much.
[Reply]
Nzoner 10:54 AM 03-20-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
I-29 is now closed at the 71/I-29 junction outside of St. Joe.

https://www.kansascity.com/news/article228123529.html

Interstate 29 is closed north of St. Joseph because of flooding, Missouri Department of Transportation officials said Tuesday morning.

The closure had been placed earlier at the Missouri-Iowa border but was extended further south to the intersection of U.S. 71 and I-29 near St. Joseph.

The Department of Transportation suggested the alternate route of Interstate 35 in Missouri and Iowa and Interstate 80 in Iowa.
That's exactly 3 miles north of my exit,I'm on 71 Business and I-29 and to say our traffic has increased is an understatement.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 19
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up