ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 19
1 234511 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I-29 to Omaha is apparently closed from flooding
BWillie 02:54 PM 03-16-2019
https://www.kq2.com/content/news/Flo...507212831.html

Flooding has forced more evacuations in northwest Missouri.

The Atchison County Commission issued an immediate mandatory evacuation Friday for areas west of I-29 due to the threat flooding.

The Missouri River at Brownville, NE is approaching record levels.

As of Friday afternoon, the river is at 44.49 feet just shy of the record crest of 44.8 set in 2011.

The river is expected to crest at 48 feet on Sunday.

Near-record level flooding has also forced the shutdown of I-29 at the Missouri/Iowa border.

Interstate 29 at Rock Port exit 110 is closed due to flooding in Iowa.

The Missouri Department of Transportation said drivers wanting to use I-29 northbound should use I-35 and then I-80 into Iowa.
[Reply]
Bowser 03:01 PM 03-16-2019
Didn't they just essentially rebuild I-29 after that flood in 2011? Looks like they might be doing it again.
[Reply]
Redbled 03:33 PM 03-16-2019
Nebraska is in bad shape right now.
[Reply]
Otter 03:51 PM 03-16-2019

Flooding around Valley NE. Still dangerous to enter any flood waters #TurnAroundDontDrown pic.twitter.com/QdpJbTOaGF

— Maj Gen Daryl Bohac (@NETAGBohac) March 16, 2019

Damn, I do volunteer work for elderly residents and can verify that water damage is an absolute bitch to repair correctly. You can light up a couple forced air heaters but you have to rip drywall and floors apart and replace to get it done correctly.

Nebraskans are tough hombres. They'll get 'er done!
[Reply]
kc rush 06:36 PM 03-16-2019
The company I work for is in Nebraska. I'm supposed to head up there in a couple weeks. Maybe not. Saw that a former coworker has been evacuated.
[Reply]
Graystoke 07:13 PM 03-16-2019
Crazy.
I am currently locked in at my house from a flooding on the Cedar River in Iowa. All predictions are way off and levels are suddenly spiking because of ice jams.
Been through a lot of floods and this one is freaking me out.
Hearing loud booms, hoping its not ice coming my way.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 07:20 PM 03-16-2019
Originally Posted by Graystoke:
Crazy.
I am currently locked in at my house from a flooding on the Cedar River in Iowa. All predictions are way off and levels are suddenly spiking because of ice jams.
That really sucks. Good luck.
[Reply]
BWillie 07:29 PM 03-16-2019
So how is one supposed to go from Kansas City to Council Bluffs in uh less than 4 hrs?
[Reply]
Bowser 07:32 PM 03-16-2019
Originally Posted by Graystoke:
Crazy.
Stay safe and good luck
[Reply]
Bowser 07:33 PM 03-16-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
So how is one supposed to go from Kansas City to Council Bluffs in uh less than 4 hrs?
Do you have access to a helicopter?
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:05 PM 03-16-2019
Stay safe, hombres.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:19 PM 03-16-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Times like this would be nice to be Bruce Wayne. I have a high stakes poker game to get to in Council Bluffs next Thursday. God damn floods.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 08:24 PM 03-16-2019
Times like this would be nice to be Bruce Wayne. I have a high stakes poker game to get to in Council Bluffs next Thursday. God damn floods.
Might be down by then. They're cutting back the releases from the lower Missouri dam.
[Reply]
Otter 08:26 PM 03-16-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I read this post from my smartphone where I center in on the posts so they're easier to read and have to scroll over to see who made the comment based on personality.

Could have sworn this was Rain Man post. It may be time give Bowser a lobotomy. There's only room for one Rain Man, you bastard.
[Reply]
Bugeater 09:02 PM 03-16-2019
I spent 4 very frustrating hours driving to Topeka today. Hope this shit doesn't go on too long.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 19
1 234511 > Last »
Up