ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 10
1 2345 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>The Draft Network mock sim
Al Bundy 01:14 PM 02-25-2019
http://www.thedraftnetwork.com
It was just released and is really good.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:17 PM 02-25-2019
Another mock draft that has TJ Hockenson going in the top 10.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 01:20 PM 02-25-2019
awesome thanks...love these...good time killers. The more the better.

29.Devin Bush Jr., LB Michigan

61.Jaylon Ferguson, EDGE LA Tech

63.Darnell Savage, S Maryland

92.Rock Ya-Sin, CB Temple

157.Austin Bryant, EDGE Clemson

188.Bryce Love, RB Stanford

194.Tre Lamar, LB Clemson
[Reply]
CoMoChief 02-25-2019, 01:36 PM
This message has been deleted by CoMoChief.
DJ's left nut 02:12 PM 02-25-2019
Did they take it back down? I can't find the link to actually run it.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:19 PM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Did they take it back down? I can't find the link to actually run it.
http://www.thedraftnetwork.com/mock-draft-machine
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:24 PM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
http://www.thedraftnetwork.com/mock-draft-machine
Weird. Whenever I go there it just says "Coming Soon!" and talks about the draft machine. I wonder if I need to set up an account or something.
[Reply]
O.city 02:25 PM 02-25-2019
Man, you go thru and do this you realize how you can end up kind of getting fucked on draft day.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:28 PM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Man, you go thru and do this you realize how you can end up kind of getting fucked on draft day.
I have to say doing these mock draft simulators (realistically) and sticking to my board makes me feel pretty confident that won’t happen. I almost always come out with a very realistic draft that I’d be happy with.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:30 PM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Weird. Whenever I go there it just says "Coming Soon!" and talks about the draft machine. I wonder if I need to set up an account or something.
That’s weird I don’t have an account and it works for me.
[Reply]
O.city 02:32 PM 02-25-2019
I have to say doing these mock draft simulators (realistically) and sticking to my board makes me feel pretty confident that won’t happen. I almost always come out with a very realistic draft that I’d be happy with.
Just depends on your "draft board".

The Chiefs won't be what ours is for sure. aybe that's why they end up taking different guys than we ever thought though.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:38 PM 02-25-2019
So my draft broke really weird and a bunch of defensive guys went way higher than I expected. To that end, I ended up with a pretty darn good offensive draft. I wasn't necessarily enthused with taking Montgomery in the 2nd but there wasn't a single decent LB, Edge, CB, or S left on the board when I got there (Mullen was the last one and Savage went 60 overall right before Mullen).

29. T.J. Hockenson, TE Iowa
61. Trayvon Mullen, CB Clemson
63. David Montgomery, RB Iowa State
92. Michael Deiter, OT Wisconsin
157. Brian Peavy, CB Iowa State
188. Khalil Hodge, LB Buffalo
194 Tyre Brady, WR Marshall
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:40 PM 02-25-2019
That’s weird I don’t have an account and it works for me.
It's bizarre; it keeps redirecting me here:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/06/...draft-machine/

That's a mid-summer link, but I can't get it to not redirect me. Technology sucks.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:40 PM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Just depends on your "draft board".

The Chiefs won't be what ours is for sure. aybe that's why they end up taking different guys than we ever thought though.
Yea true but at just about every pick there are more than one or two guys that I’d be happy with.

By sticking to my board I meant not worrying too much about position/needs from pick to pick.

For example, the drafts I haven’t been happy with are usually ones where we “get fucked” defensively and I end up taking two offensive guys with 2 of our first 4 picks. At the end of the day though, they’re still good drafts. I just like the talent in those areas.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:43 PM 02-25-2019
Yea true but at just about every pick there are more than one or two guys that I’d be happy with.

By sticking to my board I meant not worrying too much about position/needs from pick to pick.

For example, the drafts I haven’t been happy with are usually ones where we “get fucked” defensively and I end up taking two offensive guys with 2 of our first 4 picks. At the end of the day though, they’re still good drafts. I just like the talent in those areas.
This is EXACTLY what happened to me. I ended up not having a bad draft but it's offense-heavy for sure, which is not what I want personally.

This offense with Hock and Monty would be unreal.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:44 PM 02-25-2019

Right.

Even if I set the draft up to just ram-rod us at CB, I can still do okay at safety, TE, DL and OL.

There are going to be good players available. We simply cannot be beholden to the idea that any offensive picks are a 'loss'. If that's the way the board goes, so be it.

Take the best players and if need be use FA to fill holes. As has been noted, your year 1 contributions from 2nd and 3rd round picks aren't likely to be massive anyway. You can get those kind of mid-tier talents on reasonable FA deals if needed.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 10
1 2345 > Last »
Up