ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>2019 ILB
TambaBerry 07:59 AM 02-25-2019
How the hell is Mack Wilson ranked so high? Is it just the Alabama connection? I think Saban is dead on he should come back for his senior year.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:29 AM 02-25-2019
You answered your own question, basically.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:39 AM 02-25-2019
I mean seems like most have him as a late 1st at best, and probably a 2nd at the end of the day.

I don’t think that’s overrrating him at all.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:55 AM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I mean seems like most have him as a late 1st at best, and probably a 2nd at the end of the day.

I don’t think that’s overrrating him at all.
Yeah I think he's slid down to properly rated. In October people were discussing him in the same breath as White and that was just wrong - White is the clear pace-setter in this class.

Now they're mentioning him in the same tier with Bush and that's probably fair. Both guys are roughly equal as prospects, it's just a question of white kind of attributes one favors when he's looking at these guys.

I don't think Wilson's overrated at this point and with Bush now sneaking up in the late teens to early 20s in some mocks, I think HE'S become pretty overrated in those breakdowns.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 10:17 AM 02-25-2019
I really like the florida guy for a later round pick, but thats pretty much what I was wondering. I have seen him mocked to the Chiefs and I just wasnt't that impressed with Wilson as a first rounder
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:21 AM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
I really like the florida guy for a later round pick, but thats pretty much what I was wondering. I have seen him mocked to the Chiefs and I just wasnt't that impressed with Wilson as a first rounder
Joseph?

Seems like another potential Will to me. As was the case with Gary Johnson, I'm not sure I mind the idea of stacking some depth behind DoD at the Will position at all - there's some justification in not assuming DoD is any kind of long-term answer just yet.

But I don't think he does anything to address concerns at MLB.
[Reply]
O.city 10:25 AM 02-25-2019
So you probably need a SAM right? Who in this draft looks to be able to play that?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:27 AM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
So you probably need a SAM right? Who in this draft looks to be able to play that?
I think that's probably Hitchens.
[Reply]
O.city 10:29 AM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I think that's probably Hitchens.
Yuck, really?

I assumed he would be the ILB.

I guess any of these guys could theoretically play in the middle (White, Bush etc, the top 3) but that seems just....not exciting.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:29 AM 02-25-2019
I like Germaine Pratt out of this class.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:53 AM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yuck, really?

I assumed he would be the ILB.

I guess any of these guys could theoretically play in the middle (White, Bush etc, the top 3) but that seems just....not exciting.
If you don't draft a new ILB, then yeah it's probably Hitchens. I just worry that he doesn't have quite enough versatility to be an ideal Mike. That said, I'm trying to squirrel him at the Sam, you're trying to put him at Mike and he was a damn Will in Dallas. So either he's more versatile than I realize or I'm just not very smart and he'd actually be a terrible Sam.

I just think the Chiefs would prefer a more dynamic Mike and if they put significant draft capital towards it, that's how it will shake out.

Now if they don't see a guy they like there (and for the right price), they could target the cheaper option, go get a Sam and put Hitchens at Mike.

I hadn't considered that, but a guy I mentioned in my mock draft thread would probably be a nice prospect there and could maybe be a viable 3rd day pick - Khalil Hodge. I think Crow really like TJ Edwards (someone does). D'Andre Walker from GA? I'd go to bat for my boy out of Mizzou - Terez Hall. I cannot state strongly enough how different the defense was when he was in there for MU. Is Hanks too slight for the role? Does Gary Johnson have the same problem? David Long. All would seem to have the athleticism and feel for space but I don't know that any of them can hold up at the point of attack with their builds. Someone's a big fan of Pratt and that might be a pretty good fit there.

And again, these are all 3rd day pick kind of guys. I don't imagine Burr-Kirven would fall that far in the 5th and we don't have a 4th. Tre Lamar may not be quite good enough in space and is probably a day 2 pick as well.

I also have to acknowledge that I'm just less confident in what I'm even looking for with a Sam under Spags. That's a really tough area for me to get a feel for, to be honest. I would discount someone like Chase Hansen as 'just another Will' but it may be that I simply don't understand what Spags wants there. Maybe that's exactly how he is going to do things.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:22 PM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
If you don't draft a new ILB, then yeah it's probably Hitchens. I just worry that he doesn't have quite enough versatility to be an ideal Mike. That said, I'm trying to squirrel him at the Sam, you're trying to put him at Mike and he was a damn Will in Dallas. So either he's more versatile than I realize or I'm just not very smart and he'd actually be a terrible Sam.

I just think the Chiefs would prefer a more dynamic Mike and if they put significant draft capital towards it, that's how it will shake out.

Now if they don't see a guy they like there (and for the right price), they could target the cheaper option, go get a Sam and put Hitchens at Mike.

I hadn't considered that, but a guy I mentioned in my mock draft thread would probably be a nice prospect there and could maybe be a viable 3rd day pick - Khalil Hodge. I think Crow really like TJ Edwards (someone does). D'Andre Walker from GA? I'd go to bat for my boy out of Mizzou - Terez Hall. I cannot state strongly enough how different the defense was when he was in there for MU. Is Hanks too slight for the role? Does Gary Johnson have the same problem? David Long. All would seem to have the athleticism and feel for space but I don't know that any of them can hold up at the point of attack with their builds. Someone's a big fan of Pratt and that might be a pretty good fit there.

And again, these are all 3rd day pick kind of guys. I don't imagine Burr-Kirven would fall that far in the 5th and we don't have a 4th. Tre Lamar may not be quite good enough in space and is probably a day 2 pick as well.

I also have to acknowledge that I'm just less confident in what I'm even looking for with a Sam under Spags. That's a really tough area for me to get a feel for, to be honest. I would discount someone like Chase Hansen as 'just another Will' but it may be that I simply don't understand what Spags wants there. Maybe that's exactly how he is going to do things.
Hitchens was pressed into the MLB role due to injuries. He's been a natural WLB for most of his career, college and pro.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 02:07 PM 02-25-2019
Could CJ Mosely play SLB?

He'd be a nice signing, Hitchens could do ok at MLB, draft Devin Bush as WLB and have O'Daniel rotate in.

Last year's draft/FA class was VERY underwhelming to say the least.
[Reply]
O.city 02:11 PM 02-25-2019
Mosely is going to get paid a shit ton.

It's either a cheap free agent, someone already on the roster or a draft pick playing SLB. There just isn't enough money or the need to sink that much into 2 offball linebackers.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 02:27 PM 02-25-2019
I want Joe Giles-Harris
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up