ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Nzoner's Game Room>Damn, George was SMOOTH!
gblowfish 10:59 AM 02-18-2019
RIP George, you playah...

https://www.kmbc.com/article/sailor-...-95-1/26390291

PROVIDENCE, R.I. —

The ecstatic sailor shown kissing a woman in Times Square celebrating the end of World War II has died. George Mendonsa was 95.

Mendonsa's daughter, Sharon Molleur, told The Providence Journal Mendonsa fell and had a seizure on Sunday at the assisted living facility in Middletown, Rhode Island, where he lived with his wife of 70 years.

Mendonsa was shown kissing Greta Zimmer Friedman, a dental assistant in a nurse's uniform, on Aug. 14, 1945. Known as V-J Day, it was the day Japan surrendered to the United States.

The photo by Alfred Eisenstaedt became one of the most famous photographs of the 20th century.

It was years before Mendonsa and Friedman were confirmed to be the couple.

Friedman died in 2016 at the age of 92.

Mendonsa died two days before his 96th birthday.
[Reply]
patteeu 04:10 AM 02-20-2019
Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx:
Your ability to gather all that from a still photo is quite outstanding.

If you were shown the last known photo of someone missing, could you give us an idea where they went or what happened to them? :-) :-) :-)
Gather all what? That a person in a picture looks like they’re having a good time? Yeah, that’s an amazing mental ability bordering on the supernatural.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 04:17 AM 02-20-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Gather all what? That a person in a picture looks like they’re having a good time? Yeah, that’s an amazing mental ability bordering on the supernatural.
Especially with her words contradicting your statement that she is having a good time.

Friedman had mixed feelings about it.[6] "It wasn’t my choice to be kissed," Friedman stated in a 2005 interview with the Library of Congress.[7] "The guy just came over and grabbed!" she said, adding, "That man was very strong. I wasn’t kissing him. He was kissing me."[8] "I did not see him approaching, and before I know it I was in this tight grip," Friedman told CBS News in 2012.[9]"

She probably foresaw the #metoo movement and lied. I bet she actually slipped him some tongue and perhaps even got a little moist.
[Reply]
patteeu 04:31 AM 02-20-2019
Especially with her words contradicting your statement that she is having a good time.

Friedman had mixed feelings about it.[6] "It wasn’t my choice to be kissed," Friedman stated in a 2005 interview with the Library of Congress.[7] "The guy just came over and grabbed!" she said, adding, "That man was very strong. I wasn’t kissing him. He was kissing me."[8] "I did not see him approaching, and before I know it I was in this tight grip," Friedman told CBS News in 2012.[9]"

She probably foresaw the #metoo movement and lied. I bet she actually slipped him some tongue and perhaps even got a little moist.
Don’t be a moron. Her words don’t have anything to do with the picture. Maybe you jumped into the conversation without knowing what it was about? It’s the most charitable explanation I can come up with.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:44 AM 02-20-2019
Originally Posted by stevieray:
....the current tendency to look at past events through today's political lense(:-)) is getting really tiring.

Amen brother.
[Reply]
fan4ever 10:04 AM 02-20-2019
I watched the interview; she wasn't resentful at all.
[Reply]
fan4ever 10:08 AM 02-20-2019
Is a waitress who has her ass groped by some passing patron in a crowded bar harmed?

Is it assault regardless of whether or not she was harmed?
Yeah, that's the same...the end of the bloodiest war in human history being celebrated with a kiss...and grabbing a waitresses ass because my fries got here. :-)
[Reply]
Halfcan 11:22 AM 02-20-2019
The statue honoring the VJ Kiss was vandalized. #Me too

https://nypost.com/2019/02/19/statue...ter-his-death/
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 12:05 PM 02-20-2019
Is a waitress who has her ass groped by some passing patron in a crowded bar harmed?

Is it assault regardless of whether or not she was harmed?
What if she herself didn’t view it as an assault(she didn’t)?

That’s not enough for the #metoo tards.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up