ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Nzoner's Game Room>Had to put my dog down today
Lprechaun 06:02 PM 12-03-2018
Hardest decision I've ever had to make.
Had him for 14 years.
Took him to the vet to see about a hematoma on his ear, turned out to be cancer.
[Reply]
Dayze 10:14 AM 12-20-2018
Originally Posted by loochy:
whatever you do, DON'T READ THE RAINBOW BRIDGE POEM
Posted via Mobile Device
this.

DO NOT do it. It's a great poem, but JFC, it'll break you down.

put our 14 yr old boy dog down 2 years ago; and a year ago his 14 yr old sister.
[Reply]
tooge 10:22 AM 12-20-2018
Sorry for the loss man. Dogs are amazing family members. Your buddy had a great life it sounds like.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 11:23 AM 12-20-2018
Originally Posted by Lprechaun:
Hardest decision I've ever had to make.
Had him for 14 years.
Took him to the vet to see about a hematoma on his ear, turned out to be cancer.
Sadly, I had to do the same with my cat on Tuesday evening. Came home from work and he wasn't greeting me at the door, which is pretty odd but he's old and he sleeps pretty heavily. I took the dog out and when I came back he still wasn't out there, so I looked for him in my coat closet. He likes sleeping in closets so I didn't think it was odd. It was only when he came out of the closet and couldn't really use his front legs that I realized something was up. Called the vet and explained what was going on and told me to bring him in immediately. When I brought him in there they called a nurse out stat which added to my dreadful feeling.

Long story short, he had a stroke while I was at work and from that stroke he lost mobility and dexterity in his front legs and also went blind. Come to find out as well he had a heart murmur and appeared to have developed cancer as well. Ended up putting him to sleep that evening. He was 19 years old, but he lived a good good life. Luckily I had the dog to come to and play with/

Sorry for your loss. Hopefully things are feeling and getting a little better for you as time has passed./
[Reply]
RedRaider56 11:34 AM 12-20-2018
Originally Posted by ChiefBlueCFC:
Sadly, I had to do the same with my cat on Tuesday evening. Came home from work and he wasn't greeting me at the door, which is pretty odd but he's old and he sleeps pretty heavily. I took the dog out and when I came back he still wasn't out there, so I looked for him in my coat closet. He likes sleeping in closets so I didn't think it was odd. It was only when he came out of the closet and couldn't really use his front legs that I realized something was up. Called the vet and explained what was going on and told me to bring him in immediately. When I brought him in there they called a nurse out stat which added to my dreadful feeling.

Long story short, he had a stroke while I was at work and from that stroke he lost mobility and dexterity in his front legs and also went blind. Come to find out as well he had a heart murmur and appeared to have developed cancer as well. Ended up putting him to sleep that evening. He was 19 years old, but he lived a good good life. Luckily I had the dog to come to and play with/

Sorry for your loss. Hopefully things are feeling and getting a little better for you as time has passed./
Sorry to hear of your loss, as well. 19 years old...man..
[Reply]
38yrsfan 07:30 PM 12-20-2018
Understand your feelings. Our family has had some great cats over the years with many 18+ years and the oldest at 22.

We live rural and get many cats/dogs looking for a chance at life. So many stories. Old man digressing, Merry Christmas.
[Reply]
Lprechaun 03:52 PM 03-25-2019
The fucked up part about this is we adopted 2 kittens, rescues.
All fixed, did their vet visits and never hesitated to catch anything as much as a sniffle, today one of them was diagnosed with a 100% fatal hereditary disease.
My wifes depression is now my uphill battle.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:04 PM 03-25-2019
All fixed, did their vet visits and never hesitated to catch anything as much as a sniffle, today one of them was diagnosed with a 100% fatal hereditary disease.
Had something similar happen a while back. Just give that cat the absolute best life you can.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 04:07 PM 03-25-2019
Sorry, man. That really sucks. As Superturtle said, it has a short life and you give it all you can. Then get another cat/animal and make it a champion in your life. It's the circle of life.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Up