ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Nzoner's Game Room>An odd request.
bigjosh 07:07 PM 12-01-2018
So I haven’t mentioned it here, but my grandmother was diagnosed with stage 4 small cell lung cancer this year. We lost my grandfather, her wonderful husband of 50 years two years ago after a short battle with leukemia.

All medical probabilities point to this likely being her last Christmas, maybe one more. One of her favorite past times for Christmas is displaying all of her Christmas cards.

So my odd request is for you guys to help flood her mailbox with Christmas cards. She would adore it.

Here is a picture she sent us from her last chemo treatment. Sorry for the pats hear but we are local and she’s been a die hard my entire life. Even had season tickets in the 70s to the 90s.

If interested please pm me for the address. Thanks everyone and happy holidays.

[Reply]
vailpass 07:00 PM 02-12-2019
Originally Posted by bigjosh:
Wanted to give everyone a quick update. My grandma is a warrior. She has gone though chemo every 3 weeks since September, and no more are scheduled for the time being. She has been feeling better and having to use the oxygen less. She started an immunotherapy this week and goes back for more scans this month. Thanks to all of you guys that sent cards wishing her well. i knew i could count on you guys to help brighten her holiday season.
Outstanding.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:30 PM 02-12-2019
At least her team won the SB. Hopefully that helped her feel better too.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:50 PM 02-12-2019
Wanted to give everyone a quick update. My grandma is a warrior. She has gone though chemo every 3 weeks since September, and no more are scheduled for the time being. She has been feeling better and having to use the oxygen less. She started an immunotherapy this week and goes back for more scans this month. Thanks to all of you guys that sent cards wishing her well. i knew i could count on you guys to help brighten her holiday season.
Hey, we're not as bad as people claim we are.

And I'm super-happy she's progressing too. I love me some good news...

Rock on brother!
[Reply]
bigjosh 06:15 PM 03-17-2019
Hi guys , another quick update. My grandmother wants me to thank everyone, but i will do so by sharing the actual message she just sent me. You guys sending her cards really helped a bunch.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:43 PM 03-25-2019
Hi guys , another quick update. My grandmother wants me to thank everyone, but i will do so by sharing the actual message she just sent me. You guys sending her cards really helped a bunch.
The truth is, we're a pretty big group, we should do more of this sort of stuff...
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 08:07 PM 03-25-2019
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
The truth is, we're a pretty big group, we should do more of this sort of stuff...
If people will just ask, we will deliver.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:13 PM 03-25-2019
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
If people will just ask, we will deliver.
It was awesome trying to find a stamp... :-)
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 09:26 PM 03-25-2019
The pleasure was mine man. I'm glad it lifted her spirits. I'm guessing another Pats SB did too
[Reply]
cwhocares 09:38 PM 03-25-2019
Glad to do it. Good to hear she is doing better.
[Reply]
bigjosh 07:36 AM 06-02-2019
Hey guys.

I just wanted to let everyone know that this morning my grandmother passed away. I want to thank everyone here for helping lift her spirits over the holiday. You guys are the best.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 08:54 AM 06-02-2019
Sorry to hear. RIP.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:00 AM 06-02-2019
Sorry, man
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 10:10 AM 06-02-2019
I'm sorry Josh. May she RIP
[Reply]
KS Smitty 10:10 AM 06-02-2019
Sorry to hear this. Hugs and prayers to you and yours.
[Reply]
chinaski 10:15 AM 06-02-2019
My deepest condolences. Hang in there.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up