ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Nzoner's Game Room>An odd request.
bigjosh 07:07 PM 12-01-2018
So I haven’t mentioned it here, but my grandmother was diagnosed with stage 4 small cell lung cancer this year. We lost my grandfather, her wonderful husband of 50 years two years ago after a short battle with leukemia.

All medical probabilities point to this likely being her last Christmas, maybe one more. One of her favorite past times for Christmas is displaying all of her Christmas cards.

So my odd request is for you guys to help flood her mailbox with Christmas cards. She would adore it.

Here is a picture she sent us from her last chemo treatment. Sorry for the pats hear but we are local and she’s been a die hard my entire life. Even had season tickets in the 70s to the 90s.

If interested please pm me for the address. Thanks everyone and happy holidays.

[Reply]
Buns 02:39 PM 12-03-2018
I'm in, PM me
[Reply]
Hydrae 02:40 PM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Dropped mine in the mail today. (And bump in case some haven't seen this.)
I had not seen this, thanks for the bump!

I would love to be in on this, please PM me.
[Reply]
vailpass 03:06 PM 12-03-2018
For all you that are like me and aren't real sure how to send actual mail these guys will mail a card for you:

https://www.postable.com/
[Reply]
DaFace 03:13 PM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by vailpass:
For all you that are like me and aren't real sure how to send actual mail these guys will mail a card for you:

https://www.postable.com/
I didn't need it this time, but that's kind of brilliant.
[Reply]
bigjosh 05:14 PM 12-03-2018
Sorry it took me a while to catch up here. I just knocked out a 13 hour shift.

I am all caught up on messages. Thank you guys so much for being awesome. I can’t wait until these cards start rolling in.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 09:24 AM 12-04-2018
My card is in the mail. Bump for anyone else who might be interested in this
[Reply]
bigjosh 07:13 PM 12-14-2018
Hey guys, I just wanted to let you all know that you rock. My grandmother was super surprised and absolutely loved the kind messages you all shared. She is very grateful. She didn’t want to be in the picture, for personal reasons but I wanted to share the display she has going on.
[Reply]
In58men 07:20 PM 12-14-2018
Mine will be there soon.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 07:21 PM 12-14-2018
That's awesome man, thank you for the update.
[Reply]
bigjosh 04:17 PM 12-25-2018
Here are all of the cards since my last update. Thanks a bunch guys. You are all awesome.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 04:46 PM 12-25-2018
Originally Posted by bigjosh:
Here are all of the cards since my last update. Thanks a bunch guys. You are all awesome.
Glad to do it, sounds like she's a sweet lady!
[Reply]
GloryDayz 04:56 PM 12-25-2018
Crap, I feel terrible that I missed this thread. PM me an address and I'll mail card..

Sorry I missed this..
[Reply]
bigjosh 06:29 PM 02-12-2019
Wanted to give everyone a quick update. My grandma is a warrior. She has gone though chemo every 3 weeks since September, and no more are scheduled for the time being. She has been feeling better and having to use the oxygen less. She started an immunotherapy this week and goes back for more scans this month. Thanks to all of you guys that sent cards wishing her well. i knew i could count on you guys to help brighten her holiday season.
[Reply]
chinaski 06:37 PM 02-12-2019
Originally Posted by bigjosh:
Wanted to give everyone a quick update. My grandma is a warrior. She has gone though chemo every 3 weeks since September, and no more are scheduled for the time being. She has been feeling better and having to use the oxygen less. She started an immunotherapy this week and goes back for more scans this month. Thanks to all of you guys that sent cards wishing her well. i knew i could count on you guys to help brighten her holiday season.
I did not send a card, but this is great news! Prayers, Thoughts and Good Vibes for Grandma. :-)
[Reply]
Simply Red 06:59 PM 02-12-2019
Sorry to have missed this thread Josh.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up