ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 50
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2018-2019 Royals Offseason Repository ***
Coach 09:05 PM 10-29-2018
As the season comes to a close after an awful season, there is a possibility of some hope since the team played better in late August to the end of the season.

Here are all the important dates you need to know for the 2018-19 MLB offseason. Some of them do involve the Royals, such as:

Oct. 29: As of 9 a.m. ET on Monday, all eligible players are free agents (Escobar - good riddance).

Oct. 31: Most contract option decisions are due on this date (Hammel should be declined, resulting $2 million buyout and Peralta should be accepted, resulting $3 million increase to the payroll, and could be future flip for additional minor leaguers if he performs well).

Spoiler!

Nov. 2: Deadline for teams to tender their eligible FA the qualifying offer.

Spoiler!

Nov. 3: Free agency begins.

Nov. 4: Gold Glove winners announced (Gordon & Perez).

Spoiler!

Nov. 6-8: General manager meetings in Carlsbad, California.

Nov. 12: Deadline for free agents to accept or reject the qualifying offer.

Nov. 14-15: Owners meetings in Atlanta (possible future CBA discussions).

Nov. 20: Deadline for teams to add eligible minor leaguers to the 40-man roster to protect them from the Rule 5 Draft.

Spoiler!

Nov. 26-29: MLB Players Association executive board meeting in Dallas (possible future CBA discussions).

Nov. 30: Non-tender deadline.

Dec. 9-13: Winter Meetings in Las Vegas. This is typically when all offseason hell breaks loose.

Dec. 13: Rule 5 Draft (could see the Royals taking a stab here).

Jan. 11: Deadline for teams and arbitration-eligible players to submit 2019 salary figures (I believe KC has some arb-eligible players).

Feb. 1-20: Arbitration hearings. You win some, you lose some.

Mid-Feb. : SPRING TRAINING!

As usual, let's have a good off-season discussion on ways that the Royals can/should/would do to improve. I will try to update the OP as the off-season goes along. And Duncan, you're more than welcome to provide us some information that I can add onto the OP. Just let me know.

To see the 2018 Royals thread, go here.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:30 PM 11-23-2018
Originally Posted by tk13:
I don't know about bible studies but is there any question Matheny lost the clubhouse? I think that's pretty widely accepted. How many times have the Cardinals sacked a manager midseason? Dude had multiple playoff appearances and a winning record this year and they still fired him. That's the most un-Cardinals like move you could think of. And the only thing he said in response to the buzz around the clubhouse was that the game had gotten too soft.
Why are you guys questioning the Bible study stories? It wasn’t a secret. Players talked about it openly to the press. They held meetings in the clubhouse. There is no debate. It happened and was still happening when he was fired. Just google it for crissakes.
[Reply]
ROYC75 01:38 PM 11-23-2018
:-)

Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Don’t blame us. We warned ya. Yelled it from the rooftops. Prepare for some bible study favorites, and shitty vets playing over young players. And burning out your young arms and bullpen mismanagement.

[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:30 PM 11-23-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Why are you guys questioning the Bible study stories? It wasn’t a secret. Players talked about it openly to the press. They held meetings in the clubhouse. There is no debate. It happened and was still happening when he was fired. Just google it for crissakes.
To be fair, only one person has been questioning the bible study stories.
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:29 PM 11-23-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
To be fair, only one person has been questioning the bible study stories.
And that person hasn't been seen around here in awhile.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:59 PM 11-23-2018
I’ve been one of the strongest Moore defenders here and elsewhere.

That’s over the second that ignoramus Matheny is named manager, which I fully expect.

Teams in the middle of a rebuild, with a model that will depend on young players being grown and established at the major leagues, have no business hiring a guy with Matheny’s track record.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:11 PM 11-23-2018
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

Teams in the middle of a rebuild, with a model that will depend on young players being grown and established at the major leagues, have no business hiring a guy with Matheny’s track record.
He is the exact opposite of developing young players. He doesn’t just not develop players, he retards their development by playing vets and not even talking regurally with the young players on their plYing status. You couldn’t possibly hire someone worse.
[Reply]
jd1020 06:55 PM 11-23-2018
Dont listen to these naysayers. Matheny did a great job with the Cardinals.
[Reply]
Coach 06:55 PM 11-23-2018
Yeesh....

I'm not a big fan of this move, at all.
[Reply]
C3HIEF3S 06:58 PM 11-23-2018
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Dont listen to these naysayers. Matheny did a great job with the Cardinals.
No he fucking did not.
[Reply]
ChiTown 06:58 PM 11-23-2018
This is fucking awful. Fuck you, Moore!
[Reply]
jd1020 07:01 PM 11-23-2018
Originally Posted by C3HIEF3S:
No he ****ing did not.
I beg to differ.
[Reply]
Coach 07:09 PM 11-23-2018
Originally Posted by jd1020:
I beg to differ.
Cite/explain your evidence then.
[Reply]
jd1020 07:14 PM 11-23-2018
Originally Posted by Coach:
Cite/explain your evidence then.
Seasons 2015 and beyond.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:18 PM 11-23-2018
jesus christ. Oh, wait...
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 07:57 PM 11-23-2018
Next up is Faith and Family Night every weekend and Bible readings after the third inning.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 50
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up