ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 57
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Media Center>Captain Marvel
Fish 08:23 AM 09-18-2018

[Reply]
Setsuna 12:13 PM 02-12-2019
Captain Marvel is just mad Thanos didn't wipe out the entire male population in the universe and she's gonna beat him up for it. That's all I see.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 01:18 PM 02-12-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
She's that powerful in the comics, and Brie herself has said she'll be able to move planets.

Disney/Marvel aren't powering her down like they did with Hulk(WorldBreaker) and Thor(Odin Force). Feige has said that Danvers will be the most powerful Avenger by far.
Thanks for the info! Really appreciate it.
[Reply]
FAX 01:55 PM 02-12-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
Oh ... and based on the trailer, it looks like some alien race is implanting something in Danvers' skull. Implant, check.

Then she talks about these "memories" that aren't really like memories. Schizophrenia, check.

I don't know how they get the "struck by lightning" part, though. Maybe she is blasted by some kind of ray in the film.

FAX THE CONFIDENT THERE MAY BE A CONNECTION HERE
It appears my awesome theory is playing out perfectly.

I have a love/hate relationship with "I told you so."

FAX
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:51 PM 02-12-2019
Power creep in the MCU is getting out of control
[Reply]
Amnorix 08:57 AM 02-13-2019
As the Captain Marvel movie is set in the 1990s, they have designed a 1990s style website, which is hilariously awful/awesome. Those colors!!

https://www.marvel.com/captainmarvel
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 11:30 PM 02-17-2019
Projections for this movie (they're only projections and could end up being wrong, but it's what we have) have reportedly plummeted.

Originally Posted by :
Back in January, following the NCAA trailer, it was reported that Captain Marvel was projected to have a massive $160 million opening weekend with some estimates even offering $180 million.

However, the bad news for Kevin Feige and Captain Marvel is that those projections have now dropped upwards of $80 million (note: article has been updated to reflect million and not percent), as it is reported the flick may only open around $100 million.
https://cosmicbook.news/captain-marvel-trouble
[Reply]
DaFace 11:32 PM 02-17-2019
I wonder how they do those projections. Is there science behind it, or is it someone's wild guess?
[Reply]
Jamie 12:27 AM 02-18-2019
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Projections for this movie (they're only projections and could end up being wrong, but it's what we have) have reportedly plummeted.

https://cosmicbook.news/captain-marvel-trouble
So it's cratering from a top 10 all time opening to a regular giant success?
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 12:45 AM 02-18-2019
Originally Posted by Jamie:
:-)

To me, a possible $80 million drop seems newsworthy and not something to deride. You should feel free to continue to minimize it if you wish, though.

Either way, as I said, it's what we have now. It could be a harbinger, as was the case with the Ghostbusters reboot. It could also be either overcome (as in the case of the relatively slow start for Aquaman over the holidays) or wrong (low projection number is blown past).
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:34 AM 02-18-2019
Originally Posted by Jamie:
100 million would still be like the 5th highest March weekend ever.

You can definitely see the middle-aged male reaction in this thread, though. Get back in the kitchen, Danvers. And what the fuck are those? Shoes?
[Reply]
DaFace 09:54 AM 02-18-2019
:-)

To me, a possible $80 million drop seems newsworthy and not something to deride. You should feel free to continue to minimize it if you wish, though.

Either way, as I said, it's what we have now. It could be a harbinger, as was the case with the Ghostbusters reboot. It could also be either overcome (as in the case of the relatively slow start for Aquaman over the holidays) or wrong (low projection number is blown past).
I just have trouble giving a shit what "projections" are saying about a movie that isn't even out yet. If it's good, it'll make money. If it's not, it'll tank. No one's seen it yet, so talking about projections seems a bit silly.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 10:57 AM 02-18-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I just have trouble giving a shit what "projections" are saying about a movie that isn't even out yet. If it's good, it'll make money. If it's not, it'll tank. No one's seen it yet, so talking about projections seems a bit silly.
I'm not really seeing your issue here. Projections are about income, not movie quality. Shitty movies make money. Good movies tank. It happens all the time.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:22 AM 02-18-2019
I'm not really seeing your issue here. Projections are about income, not movie quality. Shitty movies make money. Good movies tank. It happens all the time.
Sure, but what is this based on? I can't find anything out there that indicates it's anything than someone's educated guess. And even then, it's based on opening weekend - not total gross - so why does it really matter?

And even then, are we actually trying to imply that a $100m opening is weak? That's what Wonder Woman did. If Captain Marvel is received as well as Wonder Woman, that would be a huge success for Marvel in my mind.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:26 AM 02-18-2019
Last trailer I saw for this looked much better. I may yet see it in the theaters. Guess it will depend on how initial reactions look.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:28 AM 02-18-2019
I don't know why I care enough to really look into this, but just for the record, early predictions for Black Panther were in the $100m to $120m range. It ended up closer to $200m.

http://collider.com/black-panther-bo...d-predictions/

So in summary, I don't know why anyone cares about predictions since they seem to be a ballpark estimate that is often wrong on huge scale.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 57
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up