ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 101 of 103
« First < 5191979899100101 102103 >
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2018 Missouri Tigers Football Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:36 PM 07-30-2018
The beginning of the 2018 season is a little under five weeks away. Missouri enters the year projected to finish 4th in the East, and may be a borderline Top 25 team according to some projection systems. After a disappointing recruiting cycle last year, pressure is on Odom to restock the cupboard after the senior years of Lock and Beckner, who will go down as two of the better Tigers in history and likely first round draft picks.

Schedule:

Spoiler!

Recruiting:

Spoiler!

At this point, the class is ranked 68-69 nationally by Rivals and 24/7. Odom is going to have to rely on Pinkel's diamond-in-the-rough approach. It looks like they've pulled back considerably from Georgia, focusing more upon Texas, which is what they should have always done. Unfortunately, they've done horrific in-state, and I think that will likely end up being the nail in Odom's coffin after the 2019 season.

12/19 Update: A strong finish late in the cycle moved the class up significantly. Securing commitments from grad transfer Kelly Bryant and TCU transfer Shawn Robinson has solidified the QB position in the short and intermediate term. A class that was ranked in the 60's at the beginning of the season is now a top 20-30 class factoring in transfers.

Hamas' Crystal Ball: 8-4; 4-4 in the SEC (wins vs. Ark, Tenn, Vandy, Kentucky)
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:16 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah, and if you subbed him in for Nnadi instead of kicking Jones out, your push up the middle would be pretty outstanding, especially if they can find a way to keep Ford here as a Leo.

He'd be a great rotational fit and that's a fine use of a 3rd round pick. I still don't know that I believe he'll be there in the late 3rd, though.
Beckner in the third would be disappointing for him, but great value for the Chiefs, IMO.
[Reply]
O.city 04:19 PM 02-19-2019
Yeah, and if you subbed him in for Nnadi instead of kicking Jones out, your push up the middle would be pretty outstanding, especially if they can find a way to keep Ford here as a Leo.

He'd be a great rotational fit and that's a fine use of a 3rd round pick. I still don't know that I believe he'll be there in the late 3rd, though.
What is his ceiling profile wise? I mean if everythere worked out, how does he become more than a situational type guy?

Grady Jarrett?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:29 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
What is his ceiling profile wise? I mean if everythere worked out, how does he become more than a situational type guy?

Grady Jarrett?
Aim lower.

Timmy Jernigan? Maybe Kenny Clark?

Though I think you can argue that Clark's probably better than Jarrett at this point.

If I got Jernigan out of him I'd be pretty pleased with Clark probably being the high end of what you could expect in your wildest sort of expectations. Kenny Clark is under the radar really good.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 01:20 AM 02-20-2019
I have Beckner as an early Saturday pick.

Since we have no 4th round pick, I'd take him at the end of the 3rd.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:19 AM 02-20-2019
Beckner pre-knee injuries was a pretty exciting pro prospect to me. His initial quickness and burst made him really good at penetrating the backfield and getting quick pressure.

Since the Mormons blew his knee out with a dirty block, I don’t think he’s quite the same.

He still can be an effective interior pass rusher, but he needs to be going 1x1 in the pros. Not a blocker occupier.

If they could snag him in the 4th (no pick) or 5th, I think he’d be a great guy to have in the rotation and have available on passing downs as a second interior rusher.

If he’s higher than that,
I think it needs to be for a team that sees him as the starting undertackle or a starting strongside end in a 34.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:17 AM 02-20-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Beckner pre-knee injuries was a pretty exciting pro prospect to me. His initial quickness and burst made him really good at penetrating the backfield and getting quick pressure.

Since the Mormons blew his knee out with a dirty block, I don’t think he’s quite the same.

He still can be an effective interior pass rusher, but he needs to be going 1x1 in the pros. Not a blocker occupier.

If they could snag him in the 4th (no pick) or 5th, I think he’d be a great guy to have in the rotation and have available on passing downs as a second interior rusher.

If he’s higher than that,
I think it needs to be for a team that sees him as the starting undertackle or a starting strongside end in a 34.
How do you view a worthwhile return on a 3rd round pick?

I mean sure, ideally it's an every down starter, but that's not a realistic expectation. I think if you used a 3rd on a guy who could be a guy who plays 35-40% of your snaps and does so effectively, you're in pretty darn good shape with that pick.

I mean ultimately EVERYTHING depends on the board. I really should have that in my signature during draft season. But if a scenario unfolds where three are no obvious upgrades in the secondary or ILB, why wouldn't we consider Beckner a win even if he never amounts to more than a situational interior rusher?

In the 1st that's a disaster and in the 2nd it's maybe a little disappointing, but in the late 3rd, I just don't think you can expect a hell of a lot more than that.

I will also note that he looked very disruptive in 2017 post-knee injury. Didn't seem as much so this year but that kind of reputation can swing on a single big game here or there.
[Reply]
O.city 11:22 AM 02-20-2019
Haven't you heard DJ, every draft pick needs to be an immediate everydown player.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:17 PM 02-20-2019
How do you view a worthwhile return on a 3rd round pick?

I mean sure, ideally it's an every down starter, but that's not a realistic expectation. I think if you used a 3rd on a guy who could be a guy who plays 35-40% of your snaps and does so effectively, you're in pretty darn good shape with that pick.

I mean ultimately EVERYTHING depends on the board. I really should have that in my signature during draft season. But if a scenario unfolds where three are no obvious upgrades in the secondary or ILB, why wouldn't we consider Beckner a win even if he never amounts to more than a situational interior rusher?

In the 1st that's a disaster and in the 2nd it's maybe a little disappointing, but in the late 3rd, I just don't think you can expect a hell of a lot more than that.

I will also note that he looked very disruptive in 2017 post-knee injury. Didn't seem as much so this year but that kind of reputation can swing on a single big game here or there.

That’s a good point.

Beckner in the late 3rd, if he fits for Spagnuolo and can play 30 percent of the snaps, is pretty good value.

Sometimes I forget that subpackages play so much more nowadays...
[Reply]
BryanBusby 02:53 PM 02-20-2019
With how low our slot is in each round, I'd basically consider our 3rd to be a 4th.
[Reply]
O.city 10:41 AM 04-18-2019
So Petrino is the new QB coach at MU?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:44 AM 04-18-2019
Nah.

He just knows the WR coach so he's hanging out at practice. Nothing to see here.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:45 AM 04-18-2019

No. He just has shown up at some practices because he has nothing else to do, and is closely connected to Garrick McGhee, the WR coach at Mizzou.

Dooley is the QB coach.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:57 AM 04-18-2019
Petrino is not going to get approved by the SEC office
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:54 PM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefBlueCFC:
Derek Dooley deserves to be kicked in the dick and Barry Odom needs to be fired for being complete and utter fucking idiots. And Drew Lock is not an NFL quarterback. I wouldn’t touch him if I was an NFL GM
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
He's right, you know.
These posts didn't age well, it looks like Drew will be an NFL Sunday QB...

He had great coaches growing up, that's for sure.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:58 AM 04-27-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
That’s a good point.

Beckner in the late 3rd, if he fits for Spagnuolo and can play 30 percent of the snaps, is pretty good value.

Sometimes I forget that subpackages play so much more nowadays...

All wrong. Beckner has a sub 5.0 draft grade, which is the demarcation line for “has 50-50 chance to make a roster”. You never take guys in the 3rd with a 50-50 shot to even make the team. That’s like a 5 or 6

https://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker/prospects

10% of the nfl came from the 3rd round, which is identical to the 10% that came from the 2nd.
[Reply]
Page 101 of 103
« First < 5191979899100101 102103 >
Up