ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Nzoner's Game Room>Malik McDowell - DL
chiefforlife 03:05 PM 03-25-2019
Was this guy any good? Picked at 35 overall. Worth a look?

Malik McDowell DL, Unsigned Free Agent
Speaking Monday, player rep Drew Rosenhaus said free agent DT Malik McDowell is ready to resume his career after spending 2018 out of the league.

The No. 35 overall pick of the 2017 draft, McDowell missed his entire rookie season after an ATV accident left him with a severe head injury. He was waived by the Seahawks last July and spent 2018 out of the league. Per Rosenhaus, McDowell has now been cleared by "independent" doctors after the Seahawks refused to clear him. "We're confident he’s going to be back and playing this year," Rosenhaus said. McDowell turns 23 in June.
Source: Brady Henderson on Twitter
Mar 25, 2019, 12:31 PM
[Reply]
In58men 03:07 PM 03-25-2019
Severe head injury :-)

No thanks. We don’t need anymore players with CTE

[Reply]
Rain Man 03:12 PM 03-25-2019
I remember reading about him. He was a pretty highly rated guy until he face planted on an ATV right after the draft. I think there were a few concerns that dropped him from the first round (attitude or laziness or something if I recall), but he didn't drop very far. I'd easily take a flyer on him if his face has been reassembled.

Everyone was very mum about what his injury actually was. I don't know if it was normal HIPAA stuff since it was a non-football injury, and he just chose not to speak, but all I ever heard was something like "severe facial trauma". I assumed that maybe he'd lost an eye or something.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 05:08 PM 03-25-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I remember reading about him. He was a pretty highly rated guy until he face planted on an ATV right after the draft. I think there were a few concerns that dropped him from the first round (attitude or laziness or something if I recall), but he didn't drop very far. I'd easily take a flyer on him if his face has been reassembled.

Everyone was very mum about what his injury actually was. I don't know if it was normal HIPAA stuff since it was a non-football injury, and he just chose not to speak, but all I ever heard was something like "severe facial trauma". I assumed that maybe he'd lost an eye or something.
Interesting, I just saw that he was drafted high and now wouldnt cost a draft pick to sign. Add him to the 90 man roster and see what he has.
[Reply]
Up