ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>Packers-Bears to kick off 2019 NFL season
Stinger 01:25 PM 03-25-2019
A brand-new 2019 NFL season will kick off with one of the league's most storied rivalries.

For the 199th time, the Green Bay Packers and Chicago Bears will collide and this time it will be in the NFL's annual Thursday Night Kickoff.

The Bears will host the Packers in an NFC North showdown at 8:20 p.m. EST on Sept. 5 on NBC to begin the NFL's 100th season. The reigning Super Bowl champion New England Patriots will also host the Sunday Night Football Week 1 contest against a team to be determined.

Green Bay leads the all-time series -- which began with Chicago's 20-0 shutout on Nov. 27, 1921 -- by a slim 97-95-6 margin.

En route to claiming the NFC North title, the Bears won the last meeting, 24-17, but the Packers won the teams' first 2018 tussle. It will mark the second year in a row in which the teams square off in Week 1, with last season's 24-23 Packers victory featuring a comeback for the ages as an injured Aaron Rodgers reemerged to spoil Khalil Mack's Bears debut.

Chicago, under reigning coach of the year Matt Nagy, will be looking to prove its 2018 turnaround from worst to first wasn't a fluke as the Mack-led defense features returning difference-makers Eddie Jackson, Akiem Hicks, Kyle Fuller and Roquan Smith. Former first-round pick Mitchell Trubisky's development at quarterback will also be a continuing storyline as he toes the line with Rodgers.

Rodgers helped the Packers to seven consecutive triumphs at Solider Field before last season's loss.

More important than the rivalry histrionics for the Packers, though, will be the debut of a new-look team trying to get back to the franchise that once ruled the north. In the aftermath of a 6-9-1 showing in which the Pack missed the postseason for the second year in a row, Green Bay will begin a new era under rookie head coach Matt LaFleur. The Packers will also feature a trio of high-profile free agents in edge rushers Za'Darius Smith and Preston Smith and safety Adrian Amos -- a former Bear. In addition, it will also be the first time in a longtime that Green Bay will have a roster without linebacker Clay Matthews (signed by the Rams) and receiver Randall Cobb (signed with the Cowboys).

It is the league's oldest and most-played rivalry. It's a division showdown. It's a star-studded showcase.

It's a great way to kick off the 2019 season.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...019-nfl-season
[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 09:55 PM 03-25-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
NFL has some good ones to choose for the Patriots home opener though:
Browns/Patriots
Steelers/Patriots
Cowboys/Patriots
Giants/Patriots
Chiefs/Patriots
Giants/Faketriots will be a good match up? Maybe if it was 2011.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 10:45 PM 03-25-2019
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Giants/Faketriots will be a good match up? Maybe if it was 2011.
That's what I was thinking. Why would anyone want to watch that in primetime?
[Reply]
Angry fan 10:57 PM 03-25-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'm guessing the Sunday night game is Pats Chiefs.
I doubt it, I think they want to put that game later in the season. Creates more hype.

I think if the NFL is celebrating the NFL 100th season they should do so by having the Patriots play the Giants or Cowboys. Those are all storied franchises.
[Reply]
Angry fan 10:59 PM 03-25-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I've never heard of those teams.
I loathed watching them on TNF, SNF and MNF. The games were always so boring these past 5 years or so.
[Reply]
carcosa 11:01 PM 03-25-2019
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Better not be. Rams or Colts.
The Patriots don't play either team this year, dumbass
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:43 AM 09-04-2019
This is hilarious.

https://youtu.be/PUnLwM1JfKI
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12