ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Ancestry and DNA Thread***
BigRedChief 07:54 AM 03-23-2019
I sent in the DNA to 24 and me a couple of years ago. I didn't have any ticking genetic time bombs like the Alzheimer gene so I posted it publicly. People contacted me and I found out stuff real quick.

I recently spent some time to trace my roots on Ancestry.com. Found some interesting stuff. Probably others have too. Get your share on in here.

I'm 85% British/15% Irish/Scotish. Gentically, like every other human being ever born with Red hair and blue eyes, I come from Doggerland. Use to be the land mass connecting England to Europe. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doggerland

My ancestors came here as rich British military officers. Had great wealth in NY, bought huge tracks of land in what is now the Bronx, My 7th GG dies and my 6th great grandfather inherited the wealth. He joined the revolution in 1775. The British took all his wealth, burned his farms when he signed the Declaration of Independence. Served as the General of the NY militia during the war. http://www.ushistory.org/declaration.../morris_l.html

My 4th GG moved to Tennessee in 1830 as a southern Baptist preacher. His son moved to green county Missouri in 1850 to be a southern baptist preacher. And thats where they stayed. Many remained preachers, even today. All sided with the Union.Since we left NY, my ancestors were mainly poor man of God preachers, drunks or killers. Not much middle ground. But, at least there was no slave owners. :-)

What interesting stuff did you find out?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:33 AM 04-18-2019
Originally Posted by 007:
My line stopped at my 3x great grandfather on both my fathers and mothers side. I have not made any progress getting past that for two years. Nobody returns emails and my extended family has no interest in learning anything about their heritage.

Pretty much have gotten to the point that its no longer worth the time I've put into it.
You don't have any green leafs on any of your 3X GG?
[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Up