7. Clayton Thorson, QB, Northwestern
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:49 PM 03-22-2019
I don't like the first pick too much, but the rest is pretty solidm
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 01:09 AM 03-23-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
I don't like the first pick too much, but the rest is pretty solidm
Yep. That’s a really good draft outside of the first pick.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:15 AM 03-23-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
it's going to be a trade up for the Passrusher that Veach is crushing on the question is which one (Ferrell, Omenihu, or Sweat)
I don't think so. I could be wrong of course if Ferrell falls to within striking distance, but I think the others that are the best fits would fall to us.

Everyone's talking about how aggressive Veach is-and that's true, but he needs to hit on 3 defenders here, really, to re-stock this defense and maybe 4.

There are 3 first tier CB's (arguably) and the 2nd tier guys are slightly less polished but have perhaps more potential. All of those guys will be there at #29 and most at our #2's.

The safety class is really good and quite deep; scheme fit is mostly what separates them. But several of those guys will be there through the 2nd and into the 3rd rounds.

Which leaves pass rushers. Throw out the 3-4 OLB types (less than say, 255 or 260 pounds give or take). That's too high for what would be a situational pass rusher. Toss away the workout warriors, nobody cares what they did in shorts.

Don't think about things as :Leo=speed rusher. That's no longer the equation. Stop the run is job one. Beef up front. Stunts, movement, blitzes, things that create confusion for pressure.

Sweat is a bad fit- on field production didn't match his freakish athletic ability. Too small for DE. He's Dee Ford but maybe faster. He'll be good for somebody if properly motivated and coached, but a 3-4 team.

Clelin Ferrell is a great fit-perfect size and excellent production. Think of this as your new DE prototype, either side. LDE or RDE, it doesn't really matter as much anymore.

Omenihu is a good fit-perfect size, good production.

Zach Allen is also a real possibility. I don't know what you guys that don't like him are looking at. I see pretty excellent athletic ability for a man that size (he has INT's on his highlight reel for ****'s sake), damned near unblockable, productive against good competition, plus pass rusher, seriously bad-assed run stuffer, relentless. I see a bigger Chris Long.

Just my .02
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up