ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>If the board falls the way I think it might, I kind of want TJ Hockenson in the first
Willie Lanier 10:16 PM 02-09-2019
He is Kelce 2.0

Imagine two Travis Kelces on the field; good luck defending that...

I am fully aware of the fact our defense needs an infusion of talent, but damn; I really like this guy...

All that said, if DeAndre Baker or Byron Murphy is still there I'd snap either one up in a heartbeat
[Reply]
ChiefoftheKeyboard 09:16 AM 02-14-2019
I think you go CB or S in the first round. Maybe Nasir Adderley or Amani Oruwariye. I'd get a pass rusher in the second that can develop like joe jackson or jalen jelks, and take a cb/s with the other second. Then at TE take Josh Oliver in the 3rd. Dude will be a beast and that's great value. The chiefs drafted kelce in the 3rd and he's the best in the league. Obviously that is not easily repeatable, but there's no way they draft a TE in round 1.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:25 AM 02-14-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
Another guy i like is Brian Burns any chance he'd be there? What are your thoughts on him?
Burns is looking like a top 15 lock at this point.

I wish he were still a late round 1 guy because he might have the most upside of any pass rusher in this class.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 09:41 PM 02-14-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Burns is looking like a top 15 lock at this point.

I wish he were still a late round 1 guy because he might have the most upside of any pass rusher in this class.
235 lbs. in a 4-3?

Yikes.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:00 PM 02-14-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
235 lbs. in a 4-3?

Yikes.
He’s got the frame to easily put on another 15-20 lbs and he’d be playing the LEO (wide 9).

Even if he’s just a designated pass rusher in year 1, this isn’t Sutton. Spags will use him.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 10:12 PM 02-14-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
He’s got the frame to easily put on another 15-20 lbs and he’d be playing the LEO (wide 9).

Even if he’s just a designated pass rusher in year 1, this isn’t Sutton. Spags will use him.
You cannot argue with his burst and explosiveness, that is for sure.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:17 PM 02-18-2019
If we don’t go TE in the first, I would love this get this guy.

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:33 PM 02-26-2019
So when we inevitably don't get Hock, what about Jace Sternberger?

He's probably a 2nd rounder so he's not been in my crosshairs, but lets say we go conventional and get a S or CB in the 1st then Sternberger falls to the 3rd? It falls into my 'not likely but not impossible' range.

I think I'd be pretty damn happy to use a 3rd rounder on him at that point. He is, in a lot of ways, a poor man's Hockenson. Similar player if not as fluid. I don't think he's the kind of guy that can go out there and replace Kelce in 3 years if age/cost requires that we move on from him, but he CAN go out there as our TE2 and be damn productive.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 08:43 PM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
So when we inevitably don't get Hock, what about Jace Sternberger?

He's probably a 2nd rounder so he's not been in my crosshairs, but lets say we go conventional and get a S or CB in the 1st then Sternberger falls to the 3rd? It falls into my 'not likely but not impossible' range.

I think I'd be pretty damn happy to use a 3rd rounder on him at that point. He is, in a lot of ways, a poor man's Hockenson. Similar player if not as fluid. I don't think he's the kind of guy that can go out there and replace Kelce in 3 years if age/cost requires that we move on from him, but he CAN go out there as our TE2 and be damn productive.
Sternberger has game, and it would not be a stretch to spend a third round pick on him given his talents. I also think he is a type of prospect that can be refined and get better over time.

My thing is this though: There are some decent players in free agency that could fill a #2 TE role quite well, and for probably at a cheap price point. Players like Jesse James, Tyler Kroft, CJ Uzomah, and maybe even Tyler Eifert. I think the #3/slot receiver position is up in the air and arguably more important with regards to finding a fit, in a lacklustre FA class whereyou are going to pay a lot more money for such a player. I am hoping the Chiefs look to the draft for a receiver fit and maybe instead use some free agent money to find that #2 tight end.
I’m enamored with Deebo Samuel, Jakobi Meyers and Andy Isabella as scheme fits for this offense. I think late round 2/3 is inevitably where they come off the board. Many have already broke down Samuel and Isabella, but what I cannot get over watching Meyers is how he catches everything - he doesn’t always separate, and appears covered, but somehow comes up with the ball and grinds out first downs. A true chain mover and great underneath route runner.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up