ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 34
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Caleb Williams is destined to be a massive bust
MahomesMagic 10:40 AM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by wazu:
I mean, he did just pass on CJ Stroud last year. The Bears will get everything right except QB.
Let's see what they do this draft.

If they mess up and don't get a good QB then last year will haunt them.

They own the #1 pick though so let's see how they use it.
[Reply]
wazu 10:46 AM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Let's see what they do this draft.

If they mess up and don't get a good QB then last year will haunt them.

They own the #1 pick though so let's see how they use it.
Yeah, the table is set for them to get a top guy and crush it. Hard to imagine that whomever they get will be better than Stroud, but if they find somebody comparable it could work out great.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:47 AM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by wazu:
Yeah, the table is set for them to get a top guy and crush it. Hard to imagine that whomever they get will be better than Stroud, but if they find somebody comparable it could work out great.
Stroud is a very good young QB but Slowik is going to be a head coach somewhere very soon.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 10:40 AM 03-01-2024
I'd stay away from Maye, getting Trubisky vibes from him, it'd be Daniels for me if I'm in the top 3.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:42 AM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
I'd stay away from Maye, getting Trubisky vibes from him, it'd be Daniels for me if I'm in the top 3.
I don't know.

Think Maye is getting undervalued and the Daniels hype is a bit too high.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 11:14 AM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Exactly the same for me.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:15 AM 03-01-2024
I think Maye is solid but I don't think he's a franchise player, I think his absolute best case scenario is more mobile Matt Ryan but he could just as easily end up being Alex Smith.
[Reply]
Eleazar 11:38 AM 03-01-2024
Just armchair thinking here, but when you have a guy with super elite arm talent like this, but who doesn't take what the defense gives him at times, wouldn't you want to know how coachable he is? Especially if the athleticism of the defensive linemen he's playing against in the NFL will be much greater and negate some of his escapability, throwing windows will be tighter, reads will need to be made faster, all else.

The attitude coming out of his camp seems to be more that he's a finished product, teams should be considering him as such. Is that the case in his mind, too?
[Reply]
Mecca 11:39 AM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
Just armchair thinking here, but when you have a guy with super elite arm talent like this, but who doesn't take what the defense gives him at times, wouldn't you want to know how coachable he is? Especially if the athleticism of the defensive linemen he's playing against in the NFL will be much greater and negate some of his escapability, throwing windows will be tighter, reads will need to be made faster, all else.

The attitude coming out of his camp seems to be more that he's a finished product, teams should be considering him as such. Is that the case in his mind, too?
Could be a lot of things, I don't think Lincoln Riley is a QB whisperer so he just let Caleb do Caleb things.

Also he apparently said the teams he visits will get his medicals, so this is much a do about nothing.
[Reply]
seamonster 12:34 PM 03-01-2024

CB has supreme accuracy , a cannon arm and high-level pocket escapability (lateral quickness). I watched him when he played in high-school and he was pretty ****ing good. But he's not even close to being a complete NFL QB. He's always played in dumbed down systems. He'll be starting from day one in a pass-happy offense with out a 1k rusher and the o-line is medicore. If he could sit behind a solid vet and if the team had guard-rails ("culture") he could get away with his heavyduty punky bitch antics but that's not happening. I think he'll be a better QB than fields long term if (big if) the coordinator can adjust his scheme and the players can deal with hero-ball 20 yard sacks.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:45 PM 03-01-2024

The fact that Miller Moss stepped in and looked as good as Caleb Williams has at any point in the last year has to mean something, right?

Dude throws 6 TDs in his only start. That's gotta matter. Especially when there are real concerns that the guy doesn't process very well.
[Reply]
Eleazar 11:45 AM 03-01-2024
I guess if you're the Bears, you might feel that Fields' limitations as a passer are the team's primary problem and that Williams should develop into an elite passer. On the surface level it makes sense irrespective of the staff.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:45 AM 03-01-2024
Deion Sanders acted this way and wouldn’t even talk to teams that didn’t have a high enough pick to take him.

He turned out fine and so will Caleb. He’s gonna be good. If any franchise deserves a good QB it’s the Bears
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:55 AM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Deion Sanders acted this way and wouldn’t even talk to teams that didn’t have a high enough pick to take him.

He turned out fine and so will Caleb. He’s gonna be good. If any franchise deserves a good QB it’s the Bears
And Deion went 6th overall. Talking like that to a team with the 18th pick.

I wasn’t alive at the time to know if he was a projected #1 overall but I doubt it in such a stacked draft.

That’s insane confidence.. or maybe he had conversations with teams that led him to believe there was absolutely no way he’d fall beyond a certain pick.
[Reply]
notorious 12:12 PM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Whoa, cornerback is a hell of a lot different than QB.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 34
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up