ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 27
« First < 121819202122 23242526 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Potential 1st round Targets
Chris Meck 07:33 AM 04-14-2024
I'd just say this about The Packers-

They basically spent a draft and a half on offensive weapons (WR's) and took their lumps while the kids learned. Now they're good and deep there.

There's a a precedent for ya.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:58 AM 04-15-2024
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I'd just say this about The Packers-

They basically spent a draft and a half on offensive weapons (WR's) and took their lumps while the kids learned. Now they're good and deep there.

There's a a precedent for ya.
Yea, we should absolutely draft 2.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:14 AM 04-15-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yea, we should absolutely draft 2.
I would go further and say that the Chiefs should draft at least 3 weapons from this class.

The TE group is really good this year. Really hard for me to want to pass on guys like Sinnott, Johnson and Wiley in rd 3.

Aside from DB on day 3, I’d go all offense
[Reply]
Nightfyre 02:56 PM 04-15-2024
From an article in the athletic today:
Kansas City is one other team to watch. If either Odunze or Nabers slips to No. 9 overall, I could see the Chiefs trading with the Bears (who currently hold that pick, in addition to No. 1). Chicago has just four draft picks in all and could recoup the second-rounder it lost in its Montez Sweat trade. Patrick Mahomes could use an elite outside weapon.

It's starting to catch on boys.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:58 PM 04-15-2024
Originally Posted by Nightfyre:
Kansas City is one other team to watch. If either Odunze or Nabers slips to No. 9 overall, I could see the Chiefs trading with the Bears (who currently hold that pick, in addition to No. 1). Chicago has just four draft picks in all and could recoup the second-rounder it lost in its Montez Sweat trade. Patrick Mahomes could use an elite outside weapon.

Seems like it’s setting up perfectly for another Mahomes-over-Watson surprise.

Chiefs trade up to 9 with Odunze on the board, everyone goes nuts for 10 minutes thinking that’s the clear pick…

And then KC takes Fautanu, Fashanu, or Brock Bowers instead.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 03:00 PM 04-15-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Seems like it’s setting up perfectly for another Mahomes-over-Watson surprise.

Chiefs trade up to 9 with Odunze on the board, everyone goes nuts for 10 minutes thinking that’s the clear pick…

And then KC takes Fautanu, Fashanu, or Brock Bowers instead.
I am fine with any of those moves all day. Reminds me of the trade up for McDuffie when everyone, myself included, thought for sure they were targeting Jermaine Johnson.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 08:56 PM 04-15-2024

Hoo-boi, that'd be something.
[Reply]
Jerm 09:14 AM 04-16-2024

I brought up this exact scenario in a Twitter Space a couple of weeks ago and people thought I was nuts lol...

Kent Swanson has floated it as well.

I'm just saying...
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:19 AM 04-16-2024
Originally Posted by Jerm:
I brought up this exact scenario in a Twitter Space a couple of weeks ago and people thought I was nuts lol...

I'm just saying...
They'd better love the player because it's going to cost a 1st and 2nd this year plus another 1st. Shit...maybe more.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:22 AM 04-16-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
They'd better love the player because it's going to cost a 1st and 2nd this year plus another 1st. Shit...maybe more.
I'd pay that for Nabers.

But he won't be there. I doubt he gets past 7 if he even falls THAT far. In the lunatic event that 4 QBs go in the top 5, you have MHJ, Alt and then Nabers as the next 3 off the board in some order.

But if we could get him for something similar to the Mahomes Package, I'd do it. I think Nabers is going to be a superstar.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:23 AM 04-16-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'd pay that for Nabers.

But he won't be there. I doubt he gets past 7 if he even falls THAT far. In the lunatic event that 4 QBs go in the top 5, you have MHJ, Alt and then Nabers as the next 3 off the board in some order.

But if we could get him for something similar to the Mahomes Package, I'd do it. I think Nabers is going to be a superstar.
We'd trade all of that to get up there and then all watch as they take a LT. Not that I'd be pissed about that but still.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:25 AM 04-16-2024

I'm just saying...
I didn't realize the bears only have 4 picks. That does change the landscape a little. If they had 6 or more picks I'd think why the fuck would they want 32 lol.
[Reply]
Jerm 09:28 AM 04-16-2024
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
I didn't realize the bears only have 4 picks. That does change the landscape a little. If they had 6 or more picks I'd think why the fuck would they want 32 lol.
Yeah when I first thought of the scenario I didn't pay it much mind because I thought they had a lot more picks...I saw what they actually have and thought hmmm possibly.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:29 AM 04-16-2024
Yeah when I first thought of the scenario I didn't pay it much mind because I thought they had a lot more picks...I saw what they actually have and thought hmmm possibly.
Still if your Chicago why not take Odunze. Hard to walk away from a draft with Williams and Odunze feeling light.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:09 AM 04-16-2024

I'm just saying...
Poles is an idiot if he does this unless he can get Veach to massively overpay. 32, 64 and one of the last picks in the 1st rd next year isn’t enough for that type of trade down to be worth if for him. It’s gonna cost more and the cost won’t be worth it.

Poles can get Odunze, the 2nd best Tackle or an elite pass rusher at 9. Why would he not just take that?
[Reply]
Page 22 of 27
« First < 121819202122 23242526 > Last »
Up