ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 50 of 68
« First < 404647484950 5152535460 > Last »
Media Center>Zack Snyder to direct next Superman film
tk13 10:44 PM 10-04-2010
http://heatvision.hollywoodreporter....medium=twitter

Nolan and Zack Snyder, definitely an interesting team. There are already rumors now that Zod is going to be the villain.

I have to say I'm excited that it "appears" they aren't going to go totally out of left field and do something stupid and out of character for Superman.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 01:55 AM 06-17-2013
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I actually didnt know this was a science fiction film, but then when I saw Clark watching the #12 ranked Kansas football team I figured it out. LOL at Kansas ever being ranked #12 in the foreseeable future.
This all went down in 2007-2008.
[Reply]
tomahawk kid 05:19 AM 06-17-2013
So, is Clark really wearing a Royals jersey in one scene?
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:23 AM 06-17-2013
Originally Posted by tomahawk kid:
So, is Clark really wearing a Royals jersey in one scene?
Yes and a KU shirt in another scene also.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 08:12 AM 06-17-2013
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Awesome.
[Reply]
Amnorix 08:21 AM 06-17-2013
How anybody thought those Christopher Reeves Superman movies were any good is beyond me. They are all terribke and corny beyond belief. I know they were in a different era and that is part of the reason they sucked so bad. I especially dislike the one were he flies around the Earth like 8 times to reverse time and eliminate a death, if you can do that why not just do it every time? Just terrible terrible movies.
Didn't think the first one was at all bad. That scene you reference is absurd. As if Superman isn't all-powerful enough, now he can do time-travel. Yeah...ok.
[Reply]
DanBecky 08:46 AM 06-17-2013
How anybody thought those Christopher Reeves Superman movies were any good is beyond me. They are all terribke and corny beyond belief. I know they were in a different era and that is part of the reason they sucked so bad. I especially dislike the one were he flies around the Earth like 8 times to reverse time and eliminate a death, if you can do that why not just do it every time? Just terrible terrible movies.
Just because certain movies are old, people think they're classics. Just bc you think they're classics bc they're old doesn't make them good movies. I thought it was bad as well.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:50 AM 06-17-2013
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
It's not a cold movie at all. It's just restrained. Which reflects the character at the stage where we meet him. He's kept himself apart from the world for his entire life, always holding back, a wanderer who's only now finding his place, and discovering that at least a few people in this world actually can accept him (for all the talk about Lois, Christopher Meloni's arc may have been my favorite in the movie)
Spoiler!

It's not Iron Man. It's not Spider-Man. It's just a different kind of movie than that, not as light-hearted. More serious, and filled with bigger ideas (not all of which work as well as they might have...). But that doesn't mean that it's emotionless.
Yea, I loved the whole setup of the film. Clark wandering around as a loner before he figures out his place. Then Zod shows up and he is forced to decide what kind of man he wants to be. Does he want to continue to run and hide, or step up and defend humanity?

Btw, all the secondary characters roles were great. Not real deep or anything, but well played. Fishburne, amy Adams, the soldier guys, the scientists etc.....well cast. Special shout out to Costner and Crowe and Shannon who were all tremendous. Just perfection. I loved how Lois Lane got involved in the action and wasn't just a screaming damsel in distress.
[Reply]
-King- 08:50 AM 06-17-2013
I didn't even notice the KU shirt even though I knew about it before I saw the movie. But everyone in the theater noticed the Royals shirt. Everyome was whispering about it when that scene came on.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
keg in kc 12:41 PM 06-17-2013
Then the line at the end talking to the general when he says he's from kansas and it doesn't get more america than that. Theater loved that. I groaned.

My thought later was that, you know, it totally does make sense that Jon Kent would be terrified of letting the world know about his alien son. He'd probably just finished reading an op-ed in the wichita eagle about removing evolution from schools in favor of Intelligent Design. It is Kansas, after all.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 12:45 PM 06-17-2013
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
And watching a KU football game of all things. Curious as to why they choose KU football and not KU BBall.

Thoughts?
[Reply]
Bowser 12:48 PM 06-17-2013
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Then the line at the end talking to the general when he says he's from kansas and it doesn't get more america than that. Theater loved that. I groaned.

My thought later was that, you know, it totally does make sense that Jon Kent would be terrified of letting the world know about his alien son. He'd probably just finished reading an op-ed in the wichita eagle about removing evolution from schools in favor of Intelligent Design. It is Kansas, after all.
:-), exactly.

And wasn't one of the lead scientists the same guy that played Emil in Smallville (I think)? And before that, he was on BSG (his character name has totally slipped my brain).....
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:54 PM 06-17-2013
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I agree with Dub G. Going the Lex route all but guarantees that they'll have to use kryptonite. I think that's lame so I wouldn't mind seeing someone else. Maybe Brainiac? Darkseid? I don't know any other Superman villains.
Or Lex figures out a red-sun light/ray emitter instead.

Not sure they're going to do Kryptonite quite the same way. Liked the subtle drop-in about Kal having difficulty adapting to earth's atmosphere (His mom talking about his difficulty breathing as a small child).
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 01:01 PM 06-17-2013
So for those of you that have seen it:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bowser 01:15 PM 06-17-2013
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
So for those of you that have seen it:

Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 01:19 PM 06-17-2013